View Full Version : Healing in the Heartland

Dustin
05-29-2013, 07:28 PM
Is anyone watching? It's been pretty good so far.

Lance West is the announcer.

kevinpate
05-29-2013, 08:34 PM
taping for early am viewing.

ljbab728
05-29-2013, 09:33 PM
I hope the entire concert is available to view at some point instead of just the first hour.

Rover
05-29-2013, 10:26 PM
What a great show. Just got back.

SoonerQueen
05-30-2013, 01:00 AM
We were there too. Had a great time. Was disappointed that Rascal Flatts and Vince Gill only did one song, but the music was fantastic. Thought we would never make it in because of the rain.

Bellaboo
05-30-2013, 07:04 AM
The 'jam session' after the show lasted for an hour and 15 minutes.....I told my wife, this was like 5 concerts in one..was great.

Sooner_Fan
05-30-2013, 08:36 AM
I am just curious for those that attended how did you get your tickets? I was sitting at my computer logged into my ticketmaster account hitting refresh as fast as I could and tried to buy the moment they went on sale and was unable to get any.

I also tried to partake in the limited offering yesterday only available to Oklahomans to no avail. So did you get them from scalpers or were you able to get them online?

Lord Helmet
05-30-2013, 09:08 AM
Far far far too much C&W for me. Glad those that like that sort of thing enjoyed it though.

HangryHippo
05-30-2013, 09:21 AM
I hope the entire concert is available to view at some point instead of just the first hour.

+1. I understand not wanting to mess with an entire night of NBC's fine programming, but it seemed really short on TV. I'd like to see the whole thing.

Bellaboo
05-30-2013, 11:27 AM

It wont be, I don't think. The singers from The Voice did one song together to start the jam session....Blake said they were going to air that song on the Voice. As soon as that song was over, they started dismanteling the boom cameras (3 of them is all they had) that were used for the broadcast. So I doubt any quality type production was filmed after that.

Bellaboo
05-30-2013, 11:33 AM
I am just curious for those that attended how did you get your tickets? I was sitting at my computer logged into my ticketmaster account hitting refresh as fast as I could and tried to buy the moment they went on sale and was unable to get any.

I also tried to partake in the limited offering yesterday only available to Oklahomans to no avail. So did you get them from scalpers or were you able to get them online?

I think I have the answer - I'm a Thunder season ticket holder in the club level. Every event at the 'Peake is offered in a presale to us. I ended up with 2 courtside row C tickets.....limited to just the number of tickets I hold. They probably sell most of the venue this way, and I think there are 17,000 plus STH.....they had the sections behind the stage blocked off, but the floor seats made up for those. I bought 2 Byonce tickets in February for the July concert as well. This is my guess.

Rover
05-30-2013, 12:01 PM
Far far far too much C&W for me. Glad those that like that sort of thing enjoyed it though.

I am not a C&W fan, but thoroughly enjoyed the show. I will say, I like C&W more after the show than I did before it.

Sometimes you just should embrace the great things about your state and our C&W heritage and excellence is one of those things. Great Oklahomans making a lot of people feel good.

FritterGirl
05-30-2013, 12:06 PM
I think I have the answer - I'm a Thunder season ticket holder in the club level. Every event at the 'Peake is offered in a presale to us. I ended up with 2 courtside row C tickets.....limited to just the number of tickets I hold. They probably sell most of the venue this way, and I think there are 17,000 plus STH.....they had the sections behind the stage blocked off, but the floor seats made up for those. I bought 2 Byonce tickets in February for the July concert as well. This is my guess.

For what it's worth for those who may scoff at this, this is often standard protocol for many major venues. Season ticket holders to their primary contract group often get first right of refusals for other special events, depending upon the contract the venue has with those other promoters. A lot of people blamed the quick sell-out on scalpers, but really it was a lot of the Thunder season ticket holders who got to buy before the public.

zookeeper
05-30-2013, 01:51 PM
For what it's worth for those who may scoff at this, this is often standard protocol for many major venues. Season ticket holders to their primary contract group often get first right of refusals for other special events, depending upon the contract the venue has with those other promoters. A lot of people blamed the quick sell-out on scalpers, but really it was a lot of the Thunder season ticket holders who got to buy before the public.

It was a great show. I'm with Rover about liking C&W better than I did before the benefit and of course, all to help the folks in Moore.

I hate to add a negative tone on this, but As for the ticket allotment, I don't like it at all. I don't see why the people who can afford season tickets to the Thunder should somehow get first rights to everything else at our CITY BUILT arena. It's not like Thunder season tickets should act as an all-access pass. I don't care how many do it in how many cities, under our set of unique circumstances with the public funding, it's just not right.

SoonerQueen
05-30-2013, 02:17 PM
All i did was get online a little before 10:00am and logged into my acct on Ticketmaster. I clicked on the seats requested. I might have an advantage because I have to get accessible seating. I was in Sec 103 row S. Felt very fortunate to even get tickets.

Rover
05-30-2013, 02:30 PM
I know large blocks were purchased and given to churches, first responders, victims, etc. Love's had a large block...but they were the title sponsor and underwrote the entire expense. And, as the previous poster stated, those who bought online seemed to be pretty successful if they submitted RIGHT at 10.

Sooner_Fan
05-30-2013, 03:03 PM

I appreciate your response. I guess I would rather see the tickets go to Thunder Season ticket holders instead of scalpers. It was a little dissappointing as my wife was really wanting to go. Oh well we enjoyed it on TV.

OkieHornet
05-30-2013, 04:06 PM
i'm a lower level thunder season ticket holder and did not get offered a presale.

betts
05-30-2013, 04:25 PM
i'm a lower level thunder season ticket holder and did not get offered a presale.

Same here.

Bellaboo
05-30-2013, 06:06 PM

I get offered on a regular basis. I usually delete it as soon as I see it. I still have Monster Truck Jam being offered on TicketMaster where I manage my tickets. Not sure why those on the lower bowl are not offered, unless they are in the end zone, which is a lower cost than club level.... not sure ?

bluedogok
05-30-2013, 08:55 PM
Presales have killed getting a decent chance at tickets for most events. I tried to get Zac Brown Band tickets for Red Rocks, for all three shows I was on Ticketmaster at 10:00 and they were already gone, mostly due to fan club and presales three days before. They announced The Eagles concert at the Pepsi Center on October 5th, Amex presale is Sunday, general sale is the following Saturday. The only Amex card that I have is a company card.....

Dubya61
05-31-2013, 09:48 AM
I think a lot of the presales have to do with Ticketmaster accounts and not Thunder seat holders, so much. My wife often gets notification of concert presales and we have nothing to do with the Thunder.

BoulderSooner
05-31-2013, 09:55 AM
club seats are basically a 3 year lease not sold season to season ...

so they are pretty much offered a chance to buy every event at the peake

Uncle Slayton
06-01-2013, 08:29 AM

I just kept hitting "refresh" and had tickets by 10:03 last Saturday. My daughter was trying the same thing and never got past the "waiting...waiting" phase. I don't have season tickets or anything of the sort.

The seats I got were in 301 or 303, but decent enough, I suppose. I paid the standard $25 rate, but two hours before concert time, just for giggles I checked Craigslist and there were offers of $300 per ticket. (I didn't go to the show, gave the tickets to my daughter and her friend).

Although I think she was just messing with me, I had asked my daughter earlier in the day when I heard the new concert lineup "Who's Usher?", then after the concert I asked what he sang, and she said he didn't do any of his stuff, but did Superstition. I said "oh yeah, Stevie Wonder", and she said "who's that?" (Of course, I thought Darius Rucker was a new thing, not knowing he was Hootie...)