View Full Version : OSU Reaches Goal to Raise $1 Billion

Bunty
04-24-2013, 11:40 PM
Interesting how fewer than 40 universities have been able to raise a billion.

The campaign still needs to raise money for the Spears School of Business, the College of Human Sciences, a new performing arts center, a new baseball stadium, the OSU success center at OSU-Okmulgee and a new classroom facility for OSU-Tulsa, according to OSU President Hargis.

VIDEO: Oklahoma State reaches $1 billion goal » Local News » Stillwater NewsPress (http://www.stwnewspress.com/local/x1097434281/VIDEO-Oklahoma-State-reaches-1-billion-goal)

OKCisOK4me
04-24-2013, 11:50 PM
Glad I'm the first to say how great this is. Not a lot of people on this site that care even 1%!

Bunty
04-25-2013, 10:12 AM
Glad I'm the first to say how great this is. Not a lot of people on this site that care even 1%!

Right. They care a great deal more about OU.

CuatrodeMayo
04-25-2013, 10:32 AM
ou84a posts in 3...2...1...

dankrutka
04-25-2013, 11:45 AM
As an OU grad I'd like to say this is great news! The success of the state is interconnected with the success of its universities. Besides, competition can help OU and OSU both raise their standards and goals. Scholarships for students and endowments for professors can really solidify the talent a university can draw. And I'm not just saying that because the latter is my career...

ou48A
04-25-2013, 12:31 PM
As an OU grad I'd like to say this is great news! The success of the state is interconnected with the success of its universities. Besides, competition can help OU and OSU both raise their standards and goals. Scholarships for students and endowments for professors can really solidify the talent a university can draw. And I'm not just saying that because the latter is my career...

You’re absolutely correct and good for OSU.

The better both OU and OSU are the more prosperous our state can be.
We would all like better job prospects and nicer communities for our self and for our children’s futures…..
Great university’s help a lot.

HangryHippo
04-25-2013, 02:25 PM
Yep, this is really great news and congratulations to OSU. I hope they continue to prosper as the rising tide will lift all boats.

Spartan
04-28-2013, 05:17 PM
So who besides T. Boone kicked in all the money? Just curious.. is this all mostly small donors digging deep or did they get any other big-time donors on board?

Bunty
04-28-2013, 05:33 PM
Hargis said more than 80,000 individuals and corporate partners have participated in the campaign.

Bunty
04-28-2013, 05:35 PM

Yeah, OU might as well get jealous and announce a $5 billion dollar fund raiser.

Bunty
05-01-2013, 01:51 PM
Interesting how fewer than 40 universities have been able to raise a billion.

The campaign still needs to raise money for the Spears School of Business, the College of Human Sciences, a new performing arts center, a new baseball stadium, the OSU success center at OSU-Okmulgee and a new classroom facility for OSU-Tulsa, according to OSU President Hargis.

The new Spears School of Business will more than double the size of the old one. Story with renderings here: OSU Announces New Building To Serve All Business Students | Spears School of Business News (http://spears.okstate.edu/news/2011/10/07/osu-announces-new-building-to-serve-all-business-students/)

Spartan
05-02-2013, 08:57 PM
Hargis said more than 80,000 individuals and corporate partners have participated in the campaign.

Okay but for real..

Mel
05-02-2013, 09:03 PM
The Illuminati contributed.

Rover
05-02-2013, 09:25 PM
Looks like the Chesapeake campus.

CuatrodeMayo
05-03-2013, 06:09 PM
The OSU campus?

Spartan
05-03-2013, 11:38 PM
I mean it's wonderful that s many folks gave a little...

But the list I wanna see would look more like:

1. T Boone, $550-ish million
2. Sherman Smith? So many million
3. The Riata people, X millions
So on

Details, specifics. I feel like these kinds of pat on the back kind of stories are designed to discourage the dissection of actual news.

Bunty
05-04-2013, 02:01 AM

And so the article said: "One of the highlights during the announcement was a $5 million gift from Chesapeake Energy Corporation for the Chesapeake Energy Student Success Center in the new building."

Spartan
05-04-2013, 06:41 PM
They should cash that check in a hurry.