View Full Version : Good Bagels?

redone2010
12-26-2012, 09:50 PM
Any place in the metro area that has good (really good) bagels, made on site or delivered from a local bakery? Bakery? Deli? Shop? Etc.? I've been told that Old School Bagels in OKC is pretty good, but I am reluctant to go there as I had a horrific experience at the Old School Bagels in Norman.

Martin
12-27-2012, 06:12 AM
when i saw the thread title, i instantly thought old school bagels. i haven't been to the one in norman but have had only good experiences at the one on hefner. -M

rjstone208
12-27-2012, 06:29 AM
Old School Bagels in Norman is my favorite. Always good, great service. Great selection of bagels and other goodies. Try it again.

progressiveboy
12-27-2012, 07:59 AM
I am suprised that OKC area does not have Einstein Brothers? There are 2 locations in Tulsa. Old School Bagels use the "old way" of making their bagels "New York Style", however, the times I have had them, they are very tough and were not fresh! IMO, OS is overrated, however, I appreciate that it is a local business. I know Panera Bread has a good selection of Bagels and their are multiple locations in the OKC area.

Martin
12-27-2012, 08:02 AM
I am suprised that OKC area does not have Einstein Brothers?

okc does have one but it's on the faa campus. -M

Mel
12-27-2012, 07:18 PM
They have been gone awhile but New York Deli had some pretty delish bagels. Boiled like they should be.

OSUMom
12-28-2012, 08:32 PM
Doesn't Ingrids make their own bagels? The ones I have gotten there have been really good.

metro
12-28-2012, 10:50 PM
They have been gone awhile but New York Deli had some pretty delish bagels. Boiled like they should be.

NY Bagel is the same owners as Old School