View Full Version : News 9's Robin Marsh Headed to afternoon

SoonerBoy18
11-19-2012, 11:33 PM
Robin Marsh announced she will be joining Lauren Nelson for the 4 pm segment starting January. She has been asking them to put her on part time so she can spend more time with her husband and son.

The mediocre Bobbi Miller will replace her so I will no longer watch News 9 in the morning. Plus Robin said, Christina Eckart is moving to Texas, but didn't say shes leaving news 9, Hopefully she doesn't go, this will be a koco all over again.

Plutonic Panda
11-20-2012, 12:25 AM
Whatever happened to that traffic guy in the morning? It seems like they replaced him with someone different.

SoonerDave
11-20-2012, 10:18 AM
Robin Marsh announced she will be joining Lauren Nelson for the 4 pm segment starting January. She has been asking them to put her on part time so she can spend more time with her husband and son.

The mediocre Bobbi Miller will replace her so I will no longer watch News 9 in the morning. Plus Robin said, Christina Eckart is moving to Texas, but didn't say shes leaving news 9, Hopefully she doesn't go, this will be a koco all over again.

I have absolutely no insider info of any kind, but from the day she was introduced I suspected Bobbie Miller was being groomed to take Marsh's place at some point. I strongly suspect (and suspect is all it is) that she was going to be moved into that position sooner, but her new baby delayed those plans. Now that's she's returning from maternity leave, the wheels are back in motion.

Although I greatly prefer Robin Marsh to Bobbie Miller, I'll probably still watch her and Stan in the mornings. Can't get into either KOCO's or KFOR's morning alternatives. I was sorta hoping part of KWTV's "big announcement" was that they were expanding into the 7-8AM hour to compete with some of the other stations still doing local news at that hour...just have zero use for network news, so once their local show is done, and that CBS logo comes on for their morning network news, out comes the remote (at least until I head out the door)...

Bill Robertson
11-20-2012, 10:38 AM

The mediocre Bobbi Miller will replace her so I will no longer watch News 9 in the morning. Plus Robin said, Christina Eckart is moving to Texas, but didn't say shes leaving news 9, Hopefully she doesn't go, this will be a koco all over again.Christina said yesterday that her husband got a job in San Antonio and that's her home town also. So yes she's leaving OKC and news 9.

drumsncode
11-20-2012, 10:51 AM
I have absolutely no insider info of any kind, but from the day she was introduced I suspected Bobbie Miller was being groomed to take Marsh's place at some point. I strongly suspect (and suspect is all it is) that she was going to be moved into that position sooner, but her new baby delayed those plans. Now that's she's returning from maternity leave, the wheels are back in motion.

Although I greatly prefer Robin Marsh to Bobbie Miller, I'll probably still watch her and Stan in the mornings. Can't get into either KOCO's or KFOR's morning alternatives. I was sorta hoping part of KWTV's "big announcement" was that they were expanding into the 7-8AM hour to compete with some of the other stations still doing local news at that hour...just have zero use for network news, so once their local show is done, and that CBS logo comes on for their morning network news, out comes the remote (at least until I head out the door)...

Dave, ya gotta at least watch the first two minutes of the CBS Morning Show. It has a feature that is so cool. It's called "Your World in 90 Seconds". For me, the remade CBS show is the best national news show I've ever seen. C'mon, Dave. Do it for me; do it for the children. ;-)

SoonerDave
11-20-2012, 11:40 AM
Dave, ya gotta at least watch the first two minutes of the CBS Morning Show. It has a feature that is so cool. It's called "Your World in 90 Seconds". For me, the remade CBS show is the best national news show I've ever seen. C'mon, Dave. Do it for me; do it for the children. ;-)

LOL in all fairness I will say that I have seen the "Your World in 90 Seconds" and it is very good. And, yes, were I to opt to watch a national news show, I would agree that their morning news would be among the most likely candidates. The reality, though, is that I'm out the door just after seven most days so after "YWI9S" I'm pretty much done :)

Do it for me; do it for the children. ;-)

LOL Mea culpa!!!

kevinpate
11-20-2012, 11:44 AM
I wish Robin well, as she is one of my fav talking heads and has been for a spell. But I rarely am near a telly in the afternoon so I won't be seeing her much anymore. I hope the new morning mix works for the station, but it's not for me. Luck and best wishes to all.

SoonerDave
11-20-2012, 01:03 PM
I wish Robin well, as she is one of my fav talking heads and has been for a spell. But I rarely am near a telly in the afternoon so I won't be seeing her much anymore. I hope the new morning mix works for the station, but it's not for me. Luck and best wishes to all.

Same here. The 4pm news shows are essentially all lost on me, as I don't even get home until 4:30, maybe 5pm...Robin seems a classy, thoroughly decent lady. My wife happened to know someone who was part of a ladies discussion group some years ago, and Robin spoke to their group and talked frankly about some very painful things that had happened to her, and how her faith had seen her through. It was apparently quite a testimony. Certainly wish her well.

SoonerBoy18
11-21-2012, 08:16 AM

Yes! After "your world in 90 seconds" is over I turn my tv off and head out the door