View Full Version : Create'a Pizza in Midwest City

Createapizza
08-21-2012, 09:57 PM
Hey Everyone,

I'm a long time reader and first time poster. I just wanted to introduce Create'a Pizza to the Midwest City community. We are located at 2801 S. Douglas Blvd, Suite 101. We follow the Subway style concept while making personal pizzas instead of sandwiches. It's unlimited toppings for one price. All pizzas cook in 3 1/2 minutes. We are getting some great feedback and would love to hear your thoughts if you have been there yet.

kevinpate
08-23-2012, 09:15 AM
3.5 minutes cook time? I teeter between being impressed and concerned. That's a speedy oven, to me anyway.

Martin
08-23-2012, 09:26 AM
maybe they use a turbochef? i'd love to get one of those for my home one day. -M

kevinpate
08-23-2012, 10:27 AM
you may be on to something there. found an article about another outfit that uses the turbochef
http://tinyurl.com/fastpie

Did not realize such a fast critter existed

metro
08-23-2012, 12:19 PM
Hey Everyone,

I'm a long time reader and first time poster. I just wanted to introduce Create'a Pizza to the Midwest City community. We are located at 2801 S. Douglas Blvd, Suite 101. We follow the Subway style concept while making personal pizzas instead of sandwiches. It's unlimited toppings for one price. All pizzas cook in 3 1/2 minutes. We are getting some great feedback and would love to hear your thoughts if you have been there yet.

Wouldn't Papa Murphy's or Tulsa based Top That pizza be a more accurate comparison than Subway? Either way, glad your open for business. America thrives on small business.

kevinpate
08-23-2012, 01:43 PM
never been to a papa murphy myself, but I thought that model was strictly a take and bake in your home oven concept.

RadicalModerate
08-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Is this kitchen gadget sort of like an expensive SuperMicrowave that doesn't screw up the crust?
Hopefully it is. Although there is nothing quite like a genuine, Coal-Fired Oven pizza . . .

mmonroe
08-23-2012, 04:18 PM
Now I hope this isn't their only post here... ever.

Createapizza
08-23-2012, 10:14 PM
Now I hope this isn't their only post here... ever.

As I mentioned in my post I'm a long time reader so I will definitely be a part of this group and actively participate. Thanks everyone for your comments. Yes the pizzas cook in 3 min 40 sec perfectly. We use a special pan as well as a Lincoln impinger to cook them. They also cook at a very high temp.

bombermwc
08-24-2012, 06:54 AM
Wouldn't Papa Murphy's or Tulsa based Top That pizza be a more accurate comparison than Subway? Either way, glad your open for business. America thrives on small business.

Papa Murphy's take it and bake it is also for large pizzas. I haven't been to this new place yet, but if I understand what was written, then the analogy works. It's PERSONAL pizzas, not large ones. So you create your own and they bake it. My bet is that the crust is already baked and they're just melting the cheese on top and warming up the toppings if it's 3.5 minutes. Plus, since it's a personal pizza, how long do you need for it to cook.

If you're catering to the lunch crowd at Tinker like so many places in MWC, then speed is important. That 3.5 minute cook time could be the difference in having to go to a nasty CiCi buffet and getting something better. If anyone goes, be sure to post a review!

metro
08-28-2012, 05:00 PM
Papa Murphy's take it and bake it is also for large pizzas. I haven't been to this new place yet, but if I understand what was written, then the analogy works. It's PERSONAL pizzas, not large ones. So you create your own and they bake it. My bet is that the crust is already baked and they're just melting the cheese on top and warming up the toppings if it's 3.5 minutes. Plus, since it's a personal pizza, how long do you need for it to cook.

If you're catering to the lunch crowd at Tinker like so many places in MWC, then speed is important. That 3.5 minute cook time could be the difference in having to go to a nasty CiCi buffet and getting something better. If anyone goes, be sure to post a review!
Thanks for correcting, sounds like a cool niche. Hopefully they expand to the metro.

goodfriday
09-12-2012, 10:12 PM
I've eaten here several times. The pizza is really good and the crust is perfect. The pizza travels well and is still great once you get it home. I like calling ahead and going through the drive thru.