View Full Version : Club One15

Pages : [1] 2

Plutonic Panda
07-02-2012, 01:12 AM
What do ya think? I'm sure nightlife lovers are happy. I'm only 18 so I can't really say to much for the existing nightclubs in Bricktown, but I just wanted to know what people thought about this place because it looks pretty cool. Here's and Article from News9 about it. http://www.news9.com/story/18924330/bricktowns-newest-nightclub-to-open

Spartan
07-02-2012, 02:11 AM
That looks pretty cool.

Plutonic Panda
07-02-2012, 03:09 AM
Doesn't it? I know Skyy Bar is supposed to be a good one to, but this one looks bad azz.

dcsooner
07-02-2012, 05:37 AM
About time OKC. Anyone attend the soft opening? Maybe OKC can begin to offer VIP's from out of town for sporting or other events a top tier club expperience that last until at least 2am

bsoreal
07-02-2012, 06:29 AM
I'll be up there next week. I'll try it out and post on my experience.

dankrutka
07-02-2012, 08:42 AM
Anything is an upgrade from America's Pub. I met the owners at the Festival of the Arts. The owners were promoting the place. It seems like they're committed to making it successful. I probably won't go there much, but Bricktown needs the option.

Spartan
07-02-2012, 07:19 PM
About time OKC. Anyone attend the soft opening? Maybe OKC can begin to offer VIP's from out of town for sporting or other events a top tier club expperience that last until at least 2am

Honestly you guys who bash the nightlife would be surprised at what is actually around. When I was younger I'd go to Kamp's once a blue moon and their electric beatdown (I think Wednesday's?) was as close to simulating a Euro club as you could get within the confines of antiquated U.S. bar laws.

I also suspect that a lot of this pessimistic myopia about the local bar offerings is perpetuated by the under 21 and over 30 crowd. For people who actually do go to bars, they know there are plenty of high-quality places.

dankrutka
07-02-2012, 09:13 PM
There are good options, but I'd say it's pretty inferior to Tulsa's bar scene. The main reason is because it's nice to go to places with a lot of options, which happen in high quality entertainment districts (e.g., Blue Dome, Cherry Street, Brookside, Brady). OKC's districts are weaker, and you end up having to drive if you want to change venues. I'm not bashing OKC's scene. It's improved a lot, but there just needs to be more concentration.

ljbab728
07-02-2012, 10:26 PM
The best thing I see about this opening is that they plan to have a full food menu available until 1AM. That's rare anywhere in Bricktown.

onthestrip
07-02-2012, 10:32 PM
Did the original poster say he is 18 and his parents are avid club goers? Uh, anyone else see something wrong?

ljbab728
07-02-2012, 10:45 PM
Uh, no.

MikeOKC
07-02-2012, 11:21 PM
Did the original poster say he is 18 and his parents are avid club goers? Uh, anyone else see something wrong?

It sure struck me as odd. How do you raise children and be "avid club goers" at the same time? Answer: Not usually very well. There's exceptions and I hope Plutonic Panda's Mom and Dad are the exceptions.

But the club? I wish it the best of luck. Late hours in downtown OKC, like ljbab728 said, is welcome by many people. If it turns out to just be a restaurant that morphs into a loud dance club as the night progresses, that's not new. If they can keep it classy - it just might work.

dankrutka
07-03-2012, 12:04 AM
If it turns out to just be a restaurant that morphs into a loud dance club as the night progresses, that's not new. If they can keep it classy - it just might work.

Seven47 in Norman pulls it off really well. I love their food, especially brunch.

kevinpate
07-03-2012, 05:46 AM
... have a full food menu available until 1AM. That's rare anywhere in Bricktown.

Excluding IHOP and Waffle House, that's rather rare anywhere in the greater metro

Spartan
07-03-2012, 06:38 AM
There are good options, but I'd say it's pretty inferior to Tulsa's bar scene. The main reason is because it's nice to go to places with a lot of options, which happen in high quality entertainment districts (e.g., Blue Dome, Cherry Street, Brookside, Brady). OKC's districts are weaker, and you end up having to drive if you want to change venues. I'm not bashing OKC's scene. It's improved a lot, but there just needs to be more concentration.

I'll say you have a point, but the thing is that in all of those Tulsa districts there are a lot of things for people like us, and I just say that assuming we're both males in our 20s. The problem with OKC's concentration, mainly Bricktown, is that it's truly become all about meat heads and college trash. Places like ROK Bar, Coyote Ugly, Whiskey Chicks, et al., and surely nothing good could happen within walking distance of those places after midnight.

Western Avenue is pretty good. If there were better linkages between Western and Classen Circle, that would help a lot around there.

BoulderSooner
07-03-2012, 07:53 AM
wisky chicks is nothing like rok bar and coyote ugly

MikeLucky
07-03-2012, 08:46 AM
Seven47 in Norman pulls it off really well. I love their food, especially brunch.

I haven't been to Seven47 in a while, but I don't ever remember it being anything other than a bar during the night time hours. It's a nice bar, but far from a dance club. Again, I haven't been in a while so maybe it's changed.

I'll say you have a point, but the thing is that in all of those Tulsa districts there are a lot of things for people like us, and I just say that assuming we're both males in our 20s. The problem with OKC's concentration, mainly Bricktown, is that it's truly become all about meat heads and college trash. Places like ROK Bar, Coyote Ugly, Whiskey Chicks, et al., and surely nothing good could happen within walking distance of those places after midnight.

Western Avenue is pretty good. If there were better linkages between Western and Classen Circle, that would help a lot around there.

Well, Western, Classen and Midtown are pretty much all bars... if you want a dance club it's either going to be Kamps or Bricktown. And, even then it depends on what KIND of dance club you want. lol.

I'm hoping this Club One15 is well done. Candy just opened on Sheridan next to Albee. I went on the 23rd and it was great. DJ Mark Marino was doing a masterful mix of techno and hip hop, but mostly played techno. Yet the place was packed and everyone was having a great time. Then I went this last Friday night and it was all hip-hop and I might as well have been in Albee. Now, Chanel was there as a "celebrity" so maybe that dictated the playlist, but I was severly disappointed in not only the music but also the crowd it seemed to attract. It was Albee overflow, at best.

The old Lit location is about to open as Frequency and, knowing who is involved in that club, I'm hopeful that it'll be a well done electro scene, but we'll see.

Just the facts
07-03-2012, 09:33 AM

I loved the "so I probably will be too" part.

BDP
07-03-2012, 09:53 AM
The main reason is because it's nice to go to places with a lot of options, which happen in high quality entertainment districts (e.g., Blue Dome, Cherry Street, Brookside, Brady)

Which one of these offers a significantly higher concentration of bars and clubs than Bricktown?

I'm pretty sure you have to drive to get from one to the other, right?

wsucougz
07-03-2012, 11:38 AM
I loved the "so I probably will be too" part.

It's genetic.

circuitboard
07-03-2012, 02:06 PM
I still don't understand why the gays are not ruling the dance club scene with an awesome night club. The Copa just is not. S4 is Dallas was a leader for a long time, and even know it was a gay club, many straights came to just dance their ass off.

dankrutka
07-03-2012, 02:10 PM
Which one of these offers a significantly higher concentration of bars and clubs than Bricktown?

Bricktown has a higher concentration of bars, but I don't count it because no one I know ever goes out in Bricktown (as Spartan referenced earlier). Maybe I should preface that I probably fall in the yuppy category.

dankrutka
07-03-2012, 02:12 PM
I haven't been to Seven47 in a while, but I don't ever remember it being anything other than a bar during the night time hours. It's a nice bar, but far from a dance club. Again, I haven't been in a while so maybe it's changed.

You're right. It's not a club, but it pulls off the popular bar and food thing well.

Urbanized
07-03-2012, 02:58 PM
wisky chicks is nothing like rok bar and coyote ugly
Wow, seriously...what he said.

onthestrip
07-03-2012, 03:35 PM

Do you have to drive from district to district in Tulsa? Well yes, but the districts in Tulsa are much better. Sure Bricktown has a large concretration of entertainment options, but Bricktown isnt for everyone. Id be willing to say that Tulsa's 3 big districts, Brookside, Blue Dome & Cherry St. are all superior to anything in OKC. They offer mostly nicer dining and bar going options in much more concentrated areas. Think of Western area, it has as many bars from cock o the walk to Classics as brookside has in a 3 block stretch. And they are nicer places in Tulsa (also seem to be fewer smoking establishments).

Plutonic Panda
07-03-2012, 05:16 PM
Hey mike you are wrong buddy. They actually go like once or twice a month, alot of poeple I know don't even go once a year so when I say avid club goers doesn't mean they go every day. BTW, we live in a 10,000sqf house and I am going to obtain several engineering degrees over the next ten years from the inspiration og my father so actually I was raisedery good and you need to get all your facts before you judge somebody just because they hit the clubs.

OKCisOK4me
07-03-2012, 05:24 PM
^^^^hahahaha^^^^

Several engineering degrees in 10 years?? Okay, a couple is two and three is a few. So you're going for 4+ degrees in 10 years? Good luck Panda!

Plutonic Panda
07-03-2012, 05:32 PM
^^^^hahahaha^^^^

Several engineering degrees in 10 years?? Okay, a couple is two and three is a few. So you're going for 4+ degrees in 10 years? Good luck Panda!Who said I was getting four? And that was not even the point(I probaly shouldn't of posted that anyways). So just get back on the topic and forget this, it is a stupid post and I of shouldn't even responded to this other guy. Just wanted to know what people thought of this new club, that is it. I don't want to argue with anybody.

OKCisOK4me
07-03-2012, 05:50 PM
I wouldn't know anything of the new club...being that it just opened and that Bricktown is a tourist trap and at 34, I know that there are other venues & districts besides Bricktown where there's a good time to be had. Good to see that there's a late dining option in Bricktown (although I have no clue how many people will want to tear a burger up while listing to ear beating music) and I somewhat wish the concept would have materialized elsewhere. Oh well, maybe the owners meant to hatch an egg there and if it works and profits are exceptional, to open a One15 #2, #3 or #4 elsewhere.

soonerguru
07-03-2012, 11:08 PM
I think this club looks promising. It has been more than a decade since OKC had a legit, quality dance club. I remember the Pyramid from back in the day as well as Inertia. OKC used to have some very quality nightlife. If these proprietors know what they're doing, this could be a great addition to downtown/Bricktown.

soonerguru
07-03-2012, 11:10 PM
I still don't understand why the gays are not ruling the dance club scene with an awesome night club. The Copa just is not. S4 is Dallas was a leader for a long time, and even know it was a gay club, many straights came to just dance their ass off.

Great point. OKC has a massive gay population but since the decline of Angles, gay nightlife here seems to have atrophied.

Spartan
07-04-2012, 07:40 PM
Bricktown has a higher concentration of bars, but I don't count it because no one I know ever goes out in Bricktown (as Spartan referenced earlier). Maybe I should preface that I probably fall in the yuppy category.

Yeah, us yups don't be caught dead in Icktown..

BDP
07-05-2012, 04:40 PM
Do you have to drive from district to district in Tulsa? Well yes, but the districts in Tulsa are much better. Sure Bricktown has a large concretration of entertainment options, but Bricktown isnt for everyone. Id be willing to say that Tulsa's 3 big districts, Brookside, Blue Dome & Cherry St. are all superior to anything in OKC. They offer mostly nicer dining and bar going options in much more concentrated areas. Think of Western area, it has as many bars from cock o the walk to Classics as brookside has in a 3 block stretch. And they are nicer places in Tulsa (also seem to be fewer smoking establishments).

I don't go out in Bricktown either. I just think it's funny that when bricktown does get another establishment, someone wants to throw Tulsa at it. Tulsa may have more concentrated yuppie enclaves, but if concentration is the only variable, which is what I thought Kilgore was discussing, then Tulsa has nothing close to bricktown. I also wouldn't be so quick to categorize any district in either city as "high quality". I just always kind of find it funny that anyone would find enough difference between any of these districts to proclaim any one of them "superior" to another. I go out in Tulsa a couple of times a year and it's always fun, but there's never any "wow" factor and it honestly always feels more the same than different.

betts
07-05-2012, 10:13 PM
How many local residents of the current generation equivalent of the yuppie would go to a similar area in other cities? The Gaslamp District in San Diego, for instance? I don't think it's really a big deal, as long as someone is going to Bricktown. I wouldn't be surprised to see the xyz bar in the Aloft become popular with locals in Deep Deuce, however, and most of them probably fit that category.

BoulderSooner
07-06-2012, 07:26 AM
there are several spots in bricktown ..that are very much "locals" places

sooner88
07-06-2012, 09:00 AM
I agree with several people that posted earlier. I am in my mid-20's, and do not know anyone that goes out in Bricktown. We generally stick to the Western area... but if you want to dance in this area, and see a pretty interesting crowd, Groovy's is always a good time.

bsoreal
07-06-2012, 11:38 AM
Truth is there just aren't many good dance clubs. Not bars and not lounges but dance clubs. Something like Plush in Dallas. IMO for bricktown to work, first they need to lower the price to lease an area on the riverwalk (way too many empty slots) . Secondly, we need more multi story clubs that can meet all needs. There is too much NBA baller and energy money for there not to be a ultra premium club for VIPs. Problem is no one is going to invest in one of those until the area has a much more vibrant club scene.

Loftsoffun
07-06-2012, 12:42 PM
I have lived in Bricktown/deep duce for almost 5 years. I am in my late (ok, very late) 20’s and my friends who are my age or younger frequent Bricktown. There are a lot of great places to go and best of all, you don’t have to drive or find rides, or wait on cabs. And yeah, I am probably not frequenting Roc Bar but I just think it’s silly to say that 20 something’s don’t go out in Bricktown. I mean yes, I would say that if I didn’t live downtown and I have to drive somewhere anyway I might not always choose Bricktown, but there are really great places to hang out and go out in Bricktown.

OKCisOK4me
07-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Well, apparently another club in Bricktown is opening up tonight called Frequency. I went to their Facebook page via Downtown OKC, Inc.:

http://www.facebook.com/downtownokc

and it looks interesting if you're of a younger generation. It does not, that I could see, list their location in Bricktown. I guess, look for the big spot light as they'll probably have one or more on opening night.

Urbanized
07-06-2012, 02:43 PM
Former location of LIT, next to JJ's, roughly SE corner of Sheridan and Mickey Mantle.

OKCisOK4me
07-06-2012, 03:04 PM
Yeah, Im old enough to remember LIT & when JJ's was an alley way. Those were my Bricktown days ;-)

Thanks!

dankrutka
07-06-2012, 03:40 PM
For all of you that go out in Bricktown, where do you go? I've noticed that people say they go there, but aren't specific...

Spartan
07-06-2012, 03:49 PM
I like this game. Recommend me one place to go and I'll try it out. Last time we played this game, I faithfully obliged and went down to Coco Flow, and they were closed in the middle of the day.

Somewhere that won't make me bolt for Saints or Drunken Fry (my two safe bets)..

jdg78
07-06-2012, 05:31 PM
I frequent a lot of different places with my wife. We are in our early thirties and we usually seek out Mickey Mantle's, Nona's and the Mantel in Bricktown. We like the bar area at Mickey's because it is a little more casual and they usually have live music. We prefer the Purple Bar at Nona's, again because it is a little more casual. Great atmosphere, live music and a great patio. The Mantel is a great low key spot is well. I am past the yuppy hang outs. Just as a point of reference. We also enjoy Saints, Stella, McNellies, Red Prime, Cheever's and 1492.

I lived in Tulsa for 8 years and moved back here in 2008. I still go up quarterly for business. I used to live in Brookside. I would say I agree the areas in OKC like Midtown, Bricktown, Automobile Alley, Western, Plaza and Paseo stack up really well against Cherry Street, Brookside, the Brady District and the Blue Dome.

MikeLucky
07-07-2012, 12:07 AM
For all of you that go out in Bricktown, where do you go? I've noticed that people say they go there, but aren't specific...

I like this game. Recommend me one place to go and I'll try it out. Last time we played this game, I faithfully obliged and went down to Coco Flow, and they were closed in the middle of the day.

Somewhere that won't make me bolt for Saints or Drunken Fry (my two safe bets)..

Again, it all depends on what you are looking for. If you like the drunken fry, then you are looking for a BAR... and tapwerks is just a bigger version of the drunken fry. If you want a BAR that is more upscale than those two places, then go to MM's or Nonna's.

When I go to Bricktown I am going for a DANCE CLUB, which is very different from a BAR. I spent many Sunday nights at America's Pub when it was open, but it was the electro scene and was definitely a DANCE CLUB. I have been to Candy twice since it opened and it was a pretty decent DANCE CLUB. I'm going to hit up One15 in the next couple of weeks, but I expect it to be a DANCE CLUB. And, NEXT WEEKEND Frequency opens and I will almost assuredly be there for that. But, again, if you love the drunken fry, then you probably won't dig the DANCE CLUB scene as much... just sayin.

Questor
07-07-2012, 07:15 PM
The Drunken Fry is a smoking bar. Can't stand that. Also, does anyone actually order fries there anymore? Maybe it should just be renamed The Drunken Cigarette With Random Appearances By Strange People in Drag. But maybe that just isn't as catchy. Definitely more descriptive though.

Went to Club One15 last night. Eh. It is separated into two areas; the first half is more of a lounge with tables and a bar area. The back half is a dance club. "Wee Man" was there running around, not sure what that was about. I guess he was making a celebrity appearance. There were large TVs over the bar showing videos and the dance music was pretty loud everywhere, even in the front lounge area. It wasn't very busy, still too new I guess.

Earlier in the thread someone wondered about comparing it to Seven47. I like Seven47 better because it pulls off the 'upscale' vibe better, I like the music selection and lower volume level, and the crowd is better. Bricktown is what you would expect.

Questor
07-07-2012, 07:18 PM
I have never been to Saints; is it smoking?

MikeOKC
07-07-2012, 08:41 PM

Trout, Have you ever been to The Biting Sow? Even people who don't love the blues (but I do) love this place. Great atmosphere, great hotdogs and drinks. (Really....about the hotdogs.) If you like Jazz or the blues (in all its sub-genres) you'll love The Biting Sow.

NWOKCGuy
07-07-2012, 08:45 PM
I have never been to Saints; is it smoking?

No.

dankrutka
07-08-2012, 12:16 AM
The places I liked in Bricktown were the Biting Sow and occasionally Drinkz, but they were not very high on my OKC bars list. For WichitaSooner, you have to be kidding about America's Pub?!? Worst bar in OKC. I took your advice about places to go to in Wichita when I moved there last year and barely lived to survive the terrible asvise. Carlos O' Kelly's?!? Do you have taste buds?!?

MikeLucky
07-08-2012, 03:03 AM
The places I liked in Bricktown were the Biting Sow and occasionally Drinkz, but they were not very high on my OKC bars list. For WichitaSooner, you have to be kidding about America's Pub?!? Worst bar in OKC. I took your advice about places to go to in Wichita when I moved there last year and barely lived to survive the terrible asvise. Carlos O' Kelly's?!? Do you have taste buds?!?

Whoa now... lol. First off, I ONLY went to America's Pub in OKC on Sundays... it was service industry night. No way would I go on a Thurs/Fri/Sat. And, I'll have to search out my advice on Carlos O' Kelly's. lol. Mexican places in Wichita aren't really great, and I can't imagine I wouldn't have sent you to Margarita's WAY before COK's... lol.

On Edit: Okay, I looked back at that thread... I DID warn you that the mexican places there sucked. lol. But, if you are telling me you didn't like Stroud's, Cinnamon's Deli, or Pig In Pig Out then the problem is DEFINITELY you... not me...

dankrutka
07-08-2012, 09:49 AM
Lol. Good research, and clarifications. Back on topic...

edcrunk
07-08-2012, 12:13 PM
Could they have come up with a lamer logo?
Anyways, Frequency is opening Friday, David Foster is the owner. He's wanting to offer a more underground experience and has a wall of subs from Digital Design.
Jeff Rogers just opened Candy up and looks poised to take the place of Rok bar as the upscale / pretty people spot. Albee is ghetto and gross, Rok bar and Skky bar are slowly circling the drain. Chris Johnson (house of bedlam) recently bought the old Jokers building on the corner of Sheridan (across from Crabtown) and is in the process of renovating the outside and has plans to either put an events center or rent out to an upscale club.
I'm excited about all the new clubs opening.

Btw, I'm opening a club soon in Downtown, just south of the Arena in 2-3 months.

betts
07-08-2012, 07:37 PM
Btw, I'm opening a club soon in Downtown, just south of the Arena in 2-3 months.

Great news! Now that's an interesting location.

Garin
07-08-2012, 08:40 PM
Anyways, Frequency is opening Friday, David Foster is the owner. He's wanting to offer a more underground experience and has a wall of subs from Digital Design.
Jeff Rogers just opened Candy up and looks poised to take the

I hope its not that 6 story building cause that place is a dump

betts
07-08-2012, 09:18 PM
I hope its not that 6 story building cause that place is a dump

Yesterday's dump is tomorrow's renovated hot spot.

Spartan
07-08-2012, 11:20 PM
Jeff Rogers just opened Candy up and looks poised to take the place of Rok bar as the upscale / pretty people spot. Albee is ghetto and gross, Rok bar and Skky bar are slowly circling the drain. Chris Johnson (house of bedlam) recently bought the old Jokers building on the corner of Sheridan (across from Crabtown) and is in the process of renovating the outside and has plans to either put an events center or rent out to an upscale club.

Congrats Ed, I'm super excited for you.

MikeLucky
07-09-2012, 07:41 AM

Oh HELL YES! I'm looking forward to that, Ed... Is John working with you on this venture?

bsoreal
07-09-2012, 07:49 AM
OK so can anyone give me a rundown of all the GOOD clubs to go to? Im not talking "Albee". Im talking about places that you would go to for New years eve or a large event like that. Last year for NYE I went to KAMPS. It was okay but Im sure OKC has something better than that? Right?

betts
07-09-2012, 01:56 PM
My daughter sent me a link to several bars in San Francisco that have a vibe she thinks we could use in OKC. FYI.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/rye-san-francisco

http://www.rickhousebar.com/

http://www.cantinasf.com/index.html

http://www.bourbonandbranch.com/?caseid=main

http://thewilsonbar.com/

http://www.alembicbar.com/

http://www.hogandrocks.com/