View Full Version : Primo's (closed)

SoonerDave
05-22-2012, 02:10 PM
Was driving by this location today en route to work and it is gone. Sign painted over, "For Lease" signs in the window.

I got the impression they were having trouble as they kept adding things like OTB and other non-food stuff, and the few times we were there it was never especially busy, but she's vapor now.

Martin
05-22-2012, 02:27 PM
no surprise there... bad food and poor service each time i went. -M

SoonerDave
05-22-2012, 02:30 PM

We did not frequent Primo's often enough to have much of a solid base of data, but in the few times we did go I do recall that slow service was more or less the norm, which was just what I'd recalled from the location in MWC. Don't know if the MWC location is still open, but I know we visited it for a work lunch once when they first opened and it was so slow we concluded then there was no way we could go back.

We visited a Sunday buffet there (I-240) a couple of years ago, and it was unremarkable. Not bad, just....meh. I think Carino's across the street and some other Italian alternatives popping up just pushed them out.

Easy180
05-22-2012, 06:43 PM

Not surprised either and Coach's may just join them...Had to be the restaurant instead of the surrounding area as Carino's does very well across the street

Midtowner
05-22-2012, 07:53 PM
Really? I was at a Canadian County Bar Association meeting the other day where Primo's catered. It was delicious.

Is the Yukon location just a lot better?

SoonerDave
05-22-2012, 08:30 PM
Not surprised either and Coach's may just join them...Had to be the restaurant instead of the surrounding area as Carino's does very well across the street

I don't know what it is about those sites west of Walker. Although I've patronized Jimmy's Egg, the rest of those places - particularly the ones that front Walker on the west side - have *never* appealed to me. IN contrast, we've been to Carino's many, many times. Maybe its just that big concrete building they converted that isn't very appealing. Dunno. That whole "redevelopment" of that area since they tore down the old Wehba's/McCartney's/Pratt's has been a little peculiar in my book.

The one thing I do lament from the loss of Primo's over here is that it was the only place I know of that served veal parmigiana. It wasn't great, but not many other places serve it. Ironically, Carino's served it when we first visited their location on Memorial Road, but they stopped offering it by the time our Carino's opened :(

kevinpate
05-22-2012, 08:38 PM
Never went and thus won't miss it. Too close to Bella Vista to bother with, at least that was my thought process.

Snowman
05-22-2012, 08:55 PM
Really? I was at a Canadian County Bar Association meeting the other day where Primo's catered. It was delicious.

Is the Yukon location just a lot better?

They may have tried to expand too quickly, they went from one (maybe two) to like five over a short time. It would be easy to have a quality control, management/partnership or staffing problems that way

Larry OKC
05-23-2012, 09:50 AM
Could be, some have said the same thing happened with Falcone's

SoonerDave
05-24-2012, 08:39 AM
Could be, some have said the same thing happened with Falcone's

Don't know about that...I found Falcone's pretty darned nasty from the first time I went there. Gave it several tries, too, and it was just awful. I never understood how they were so SUCCESSFUL. When my teenage son wouldn't eat the pizza there, you know its bad news....

Larry OKC
05-24-2012, 12:07 PM
that wasn't coming from me, but what others have said on it (I agree with your assessment)