Pages : [1] 2

Pete
05-12-2012, 08:35 AM
Restaurants
Downtown
Current
Central Business District
no

Address: 15 N. Robinson (http://g.co/maps/ewymn)
Phone: (405) 605-0657
Hours: Mon-Thu, Sun 6:30 am - 11 pm
Fri-Sat 6:30 am - 12 am
Development: Colcord Hotel
Links:
Official Website (http://flintokc.com/)
Menu (http://flintokc.com/sustenance)
Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/FlintOKC/info)
Urbanspoon (http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/46/1676211/restaurant/Downtown/Flint-Oklahoma-City)
Yelp (http://www.yelp.com/biz/flint-oklahoma-city)
Eat Around OKC (http://www.eataroundokc.com/restaurant/flint/)

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/flintwiki1.jpg

Information & Latest News
Gallery

BoulderSooner
05-14-2012, 09:58 AM
went to the preview brunch on Sat ... very very good they are going to do very well

Bullbear
11-27-2012, 10:31 AM
a group of us went for a birthday dinner on saturday.. the service and food was exceptional. we will definately be back.

BBatesokc
11-28-2012, 06:33 PM
A group of us tried Flint today for lunch for the first time.

The first thing we noticed was that parking is an issue right now - but we expected that. The inside has been redone very nicely and was quite tasteful. It was 12:30 p.m. and our smaller than usual group of 4 had no problem being seated right away. Actually, we were a bit concerned because the place only had maybe 6 tables of guests while we were there.

Everyone from the hostess to the waiters were very friendly and knowledgable about the menu, specials, local favorites etc.

The 'regular' iced tea was way too strong for us but the 'Flint' iced tea was pretty good. We started with the Jalapeņo Hushpuppies and a cup of Buffalo Chili. Both were really good. The hushpuppies were not as firm and crispy as I would have liked, but the flavor was really good. They were served with two different sauces and both were very good and completely different. The chili came with a fresh jalapeņo corn bread, and small bowls of cheddar cheese, diced onion and sour cream. The chili was very meaty but still not as heavy as you'd think.

My entree was the BBQ glazed pork sandwich. As with the appetizers, the presentation was excellent.

The (open faced) sandwich was very tasty and plenty for one - but not large enough to share. The meat was very tender and the sauce tasted homemade. The brioche bowl was toasted nicely but still soft in the middle - nicely done.

Others in our group had the burgers and the Thai beef salad.

The salad was the most lacking when it came to presentation (pretty much a beige bowl of noodles and meat), but the flavor matched the rest of our meals.

Lunch seemed to run $13-$18 - which is more than I spend when I'm just out and about, but certainly reasonable for a nicer lunch with a date, colleagues or lunch meeting.

Flint isn't going to be a regular haunt for me, but I'd certainly consider it under the right circumstances.

Bellaboo
12-16-2012, 04:58 PM
Okay, I've been to Flint 3 times now, and last night was just a quick stop for coffee and hot chocolate. The waitress said the hot chocolate was a special recipe and that the bar tenders made it fresh upon ordering.

Two of us got coffee and the other two hot chocolate. The coffee came out quick and those that got it said it was fine. They brought creamer but no sweetner or sugar. It was okay, the ones who got coffee just used creamer or black.

After 10 minutes, we saw a server start at the other end and asked every table if someone was expecting hot chocolate. She finally got to us, we were at the opposite end of the room.

This special order hot chocolate was the most god AWFUL stuff I've had in my life. It was luke warm and laced with cayenne pepper and maybe cinnamon, the best we could tell. I had two sips, and my throat burnt for the next 3 hours.

I told the waitress all about it. I told her I knew it wasn't her fault, but that it was absolutely horrible and the worst ever....never again their version of hot chocolate for me. The total bill was only 15 bucks, but she offered no adjustments to the bill, so not sure if i'll ever go back.

bradh
08-12-2013, 03:39 PM
So, anyone else visit this place and routinely have issues?

We've been a few times since it opened, including one of the soft opening VIP events. We've NEVER had a smooth experience.

Their hours are not consistent, the patio service is beyond awful, and you just never know what to expect.

This morning on Sports Animal Curtis Fitzpatrick was talking about an awful experience he and his wife had at an "unnamed downtown establishment" this weekend. I tweeted at him "must have been Flint, sounds typical." His response was "ha, no comment..."

It's awfully sad, considering the location and all. I'm wondering if they are just be bankrolled by Devon/Colcord, or if it's actually turning profit.

Eddie1
04-20-2014, 10:17 PM
Went to Flint tonight for a drink, meeting a friend in from out of town. Have to give this place props...great mixed drinks, service was excellent and the decor was first class...should become a hot spot as we get deeper into the playoffs.

JarrodH
05-07-2014, 11:49 AM
The location and atmosphere are great but I've yet to have good service there. We went Sunday for brunch and the service was beyond bad. Our group (12-15 people) were the only ones outside and we had to order drinks as soon as our other drinks arrived so we wouldn't have to wait for the staff to come back and check on us. We routinely ran out of drinks and I even had to go inside and ask the staff to bus our table for us. We were there for quite a few hours and it never got any better. It was disappointing to have such a tab ($1,000+) and feel like you didn't get anything out of the experience beside a beautiful patio.

HangryHippo
05-07-2014, 03:11 PM
The location and atmosphere are great but I've yet to have good service there. We went Sunday for brunch and the service was beyond bad. Our group (12-15 people) were the only ones outside and we had to order drinks as soon as our other drinks arrived so we wouldn't have to wait for the staff to come back and check on us. We routinely ran out of drinks and I even had to go inside and ask the staff to bus our table for us. We were there for quite a few hours and it never got any better. It was disappointing to have such a tab ($1,000+) and feel like you didn't get anything out of the experience beside a beautiful patio.

This mirrors my experiences at Flint as well. Great setting, terrible service. Every time I've been.

Chadanth
05-07-2014, 03:16 PM
This mirrors my experiences at Flint as well. Great setting, terrible service. Every time I've been.

Mine as well. I've actually had my entire meal comp'd twice due to awful service.

Pete
05-07-2014, 03:25 PM
Flint is operated by the same group (Williams Associates) as Vast and all the meeting space atop Devon.

I hosted a big event at Devon last summer for about 300 people and I was not at all pleased with several aspects of that experience, not the least of which was being treated rudely by the gentleman who was managing the event.

adaniel
05-07-2014, 03:41 PM
I seconf (or third or fourth) everyone else's comments. I want to like this place so bad but their execution is terrible. Flint is good for a late night drink or 2 and nothing more.

Chadanth
05-07-2014, 07:29 PM
Flint is operated by the same group (Williams Associates) as Vast and all the meeting space atop Devon.

I hosted a big event at Devon last summer for about 300 people and I was not at all pleased with several aspects of that experience, not the least of which was being treated rudely by the gentleman who was managing the event.

It's really sad, because the problem is all execution. They have a great menu and good kitchen staff. Food quality is great. They just need better management and wait staff, both of which are awful.

zookeeper
05-07-2014, 07:47 PM

Well, that says a lot right there. If they are going to treat somebody rudely who had trusted them to offer pleasant service to 300, why would they care about 1 or 2?

Jeepnokc
05-07-2014, 08:15 PM
I walked over there a few weeks ago and sat at bar on patio. Thought it was odd they had different limited drinks for the patio area but I did seem to think I could have ordered anything. I ordered just a red wine and it was "red truck" and they pulled it out of the fridge. It was nasty and I didn't finish it. I am not sure the bottle wasn't plastic. I would expect a nicer house wine considering the purported level of establishment I was at. I certainly didn't expect cold red wine.

soonerguru
05-07-2014, 09:04 PM
That patio is a waste. So often, they aren't even serving there. I've had to beg to be served there.

I've only visited Vast once and haven't returned. The fake snooty aspect is laughable. Other than the thrill of the view, nothing stood out about the food and the service was atrociously unaccommodating.

i'm hopeful Flint can turn it around.

bradh
05-07-2014, 09:12 PM
That patio is a waste. So often, they aren't even serving there. I've had to beg to be served there.

I've only visited Vast once and haven't returned. The fake snooty aspect is laughable. Other than the thrill of the view, nothing stood out about the food and the service was atrociously unaccommodating.

i'm hopeful Flint can turn it around.

have had the same experience on the patio.

it's essentially an over priced hotel restaurant. if i wanted a good hotel restaurant experience i'd stay up on this side of town and go to Avanti

BillyOcean
05-08-2014, 08:23 AM
Vast is an absolute waste right now. I will not return there until Williams Associates is removed as manager/operator. He is completely in over his head.

Pete
05-08-2014, 08:37 AM
We've talked about this several times now but it's quite apparent the talent pool in local restaurants is stretched very thin.

Not surprising given the huge amount of new restaurants and bars and food trucks that have opened in just the last couple of years, with plenty more on the way.

Plus, the booming economy means it's much easier to find jobs outside the food service industry.

It's got to be a big challenge to find quality chefs, prep cooks, managers, wait staff, bar tenders and and even dishwashers and bus boys.

BillyOcean
05-08-2014, 08:44 AM
^^^^^^
No excuse for Vast. They have been open over 18 months, plenty long enough to work out the kinks and find the right staff. Normally if a place is run that badly, for that long, it goes away. Williams is just lucky that DVN has deep pockets.

Pete
05-08-2014, 08:54 AM
Right, the labor crunch isn't a universal excuse, just saying it's not surprising that there seems to be an increase in service problems at area restaurants in general. It's not like Devon could chuck Williams and easily plug in a new group to manage their wide-ranging operations.

And we've got a bunch more places that will open this year: The George, Broadway 10 Chophouse, Fassler Hall / Dust Bowl, Daebak K, Guyutes, The Drake, Pump Bar, Flashback, Power House, Slaughter's Hall, TopGolf, Main Event, Tommy's Italian-American Grill, and tons more.

Pete
05-08-2014, 08:55 AM
Right, the labor crunch isn't a universal excuse, just saying it's not surprising that there seems to be an increase in service problems at area restaurants in general. It's not like Devon could chuck Williams and easily plug in a new group to manage their wide-ranging operations.

And we've got a bunch more places that will open this year: The George, Broadway 10 Chophouse, Fassler Hall / Dust Bowl, Daebak K, Guyutes, The Drake, Pump Bar, Flashback, Pizzeria Gusto, Power House, Slaughter's Hall, TopGolf, Main Event, Tommy's Italian-American Grill, and tons more.

Jeepnokc
05-08-2014, 09:40 AM
I might buy that with Flint but Vast's high per person check average results in higher tips which allows for a greater pool of talent to chose from. It is a higher paying gig so should be able to attract the top notch people.

Teo9969
05-08-2014, 10:29 AM
A bad restaurant almost exclusively comes down to bad management. There are certainly skills that need to be developed by entry level staff in the BOH and FOH, but those skills are relatively easy as long as you know how to teach them and incentivize the learning.

Considering the vast (Ha! no pun intended) amount of quality restaurants OKC has, and the continual increase of competition and quality, I have a hard time giving excuses to anyone. When things like Pizza 23 open by relatively obscure and untested owners/managers and they provide an acceptable product, there's no excuse for someone operating under Devon's name to lack quality management and a quality product.

People called me out when I said that they (Vast in particular) were clearly under poor management from the very beginning, citing sundry reasons like "It was a big feat to open up 2/3 restaurants at the same time"…As it turns out, nothing seems to have changed, because Williams Assoc. simply aren't good at their jobs, and never really have been…

I say this reluctantly but with a huge amount of pride: "They're just not an OKC-caliber restaurant operator".

Dubya61
05-08-2014, 11:09 AM
We've talked about this several times now but it's quite apparent the talent pool in local restaurants is stretched very thin.

Not surprising given the huge amount of new restaurants and bars and food trucks that have opened in just the last couple of years, with plenty more on the way.

Plus, the booming economy means it's much easier to find jobs outside the food service industry.

It's got to be a big challenge to find quality chefs, prep cooks, managers, wait staff, bar tenders and and even dishwashers and bus boys.

And we've got a bunch more places that will open this year: The George, Broadway 10 Chophouse, Fassler Hall / Dust Bowl, Daebak K, Guyutes, The Drake, Pump Bar, Flashback, Pizzeria Gusto, Power House, Slaughter's Hall, TopGolf, Main Event, Tommy's Italian-American Grill, and tons more.

Pete, how does OKC compare to our peer cities (define that as you wish)? Are we over-populated with restaurants that actually cook (I'm asking you to ignore Olive Gardens, etc.)? Under-served? Just right but only recently? How about if you limit our peer cities to those in fly-over country? Obviously, I'm not asking you (anybody) to do a science/stats doctoral thesis project. Just asking for impressions. I've never lived in any peer cities. My only experience is with OKC. I'm basically OK with our restaurant population and mostly almost OK with the service provided, but then again, I consider myself a philistine, mostly incapable of appreciating finer nuances and upper crust. Even bad food can be reminiscent of good food and succeed on a comfort-food basis.

Pete
05-08-2014, 11:12 AM
I don't know the numbers but until recently OKC had a very high percentage of chain restaurants and now we're seeing a big shift to locally owned places.

Dubya61
05-08-2014, 11:17 AM
That's great, IMO. Do you think we'll start to see a reduction in national chains? is there a natural ebb and flow that will cause national chains to reduce or at least not increase?

Pete
05-08-2014, 11:23 AM
That's great, IMO. Do you think we'll start to see a reduction in national chains? is there a natural ebb and flow that will cause national chains to reduce or at least not increase?

I don't think there will be a reduction in chains as many are still coming to OKC, I just think their market share will decrease over time by the local operations.

soonerguru
05-08-2014, 11:38 AM
I don't think there will be a reduction in chains as many are still coming to OKC, I just think their market share will decrease over time by the local operations.

Other than the occasional fast food jaunt, we rarely eat at chain restaurants, and only when extended family sets up the dinner. In the last six months, I've eaten at chain restaurants in OKC twice -- both due to extended family choosing the restaurant -- and I eat out fairly frequently.

Teo9969
05-08-2014, 11:48 AM
There are still plenty of chains in OKC, but as this forum focuses primarily on the inner-core where there are nearly no chains, the dialogue sometimes seems to get contorted.

Memorial, Expressway, I-240 are not exactly populated with local restaurants, and they all represent major urban centers in OKC.

Memorial recently though, seems to be breaking that trend and gaining its fair share of local joints, which is a major positive.

Paseofreak
05-08-2014, 03:46 PM
I know a bunch of top flight service industry folks that were enticed to Vast and only stayed a few weeks before moving on. I'm told that money was not issue. Piss poor managers trying to run professionals as if they were first time high school aged staff at Applebee's was.

Pete
05-08-2014, 03:56 PM
Well, that says a lot right there. If they are going to treat somebody rudely who had trusted them to offer pleasant service to 300, why would they care about 1 or 2?

Our group spent about $20,000 on that event and as the point person I was treated rudely then pretty much ignored the rest of the night.

The meeting space in both Devon and the Colcord has an odd arrangement where the event planning people all work for the Colcord but all the food and beverage people work for Williams Associates. So, there were communication issues where I was told one thing by a Colcord person then another by the Williams staff.

I really liked the people at the Colcord and had the strong impression they grudgingly put up with the people they had to work with on the other side.

turnpup
12-26-2014, 12:48 PM
My husband and I thought it'd be fun to have dinner downtown on Christmas night. Flint was open, so that's where we decided to go. We will not likely go back, as we can easily spend $100+ in a much more tasty and pleasant way elsewhere (such as my favorite special treat, Ranch Steakhouse, which I think was closed last night).

We arrived and were seated immediately. The restaurant was fairly full, with an eclectic mix of old and young, babies, different races, etc. That was nice to see. Downtown is certainly happening, even on a night when many people are staying home or are out of town.

The restaurant was drafty and kind of cold. Our candle wasn't lit, while most of the ones on the other tables were. When we were seated, the hostess gave us the menu, and we both ordered water to drink, which was also brought by the hostess. The menu was very limited in choice (not like what's listed on their website, which looks much more varied and better), with only three or four entrees from which to choose. Perhaps it was that way because of Christmas. About 5 minutes later a young man came to our table and said he'd be our server. He turned to leave and we told him we were ready to order. I ordered the NY strip steak. It was $43, and included two side dishes (I chose green beans and a salad). My husband ordered the pork loin, and the server replied that it was all sold out. The next choice was to order what I had ordered (with mashed potatoes and salad as his sides). We both asked for the steak to be cooked medium well.

The salads came out fairly quickly, delivered to us by someone other than our server. They were all right, but rather small. Very basic, just a spring mix with some cherry tomatoes. We were not asked if we wanted cracked pepper, nor was there any salt or pepper on the table.

Somewhere between the salad and main course, a female staff member came to refill our waters. She spilled a pretty big amount of water on the table next to my glass. She apologized and I said that it was no big deal. She never came back to clean it up, though. Maybe I was too nice? So I had a big splat of water on the table the rest of the meal. It was difficult avoiding getting my sleeve in the spill. I figured I could ask the server for a napkin the next time he came by. Except he never came by.

The entrees were delivered by yet another staff member, not our server. Our empty salad bowls were not taken away, so we had to scoot them over in order to receive our entree plates. The person delivering the food didn't ask us to cut into our steaks to check the doneness. He didn't take away our empty bowls, either. He just left.

My husband's steak was VERY rare, to the point where it was bloody on the plate once he cut into it. Mine was somewhere in the medium-rare category. I offered to trade with him, but he said he could eat it if he didn't look at it. I figured we might point it out to the server when he came by to check on us. Alas, he never came. The meat itself was about the quality you'd get if you went to a Sizzlin' Sirloin. It was edible, but not terribly tender. There was quite a bit of fat on it.

My husband's side dish was mashed potatoes. He said they were all right, but that the gravy tasted like it was out of a can. Nothing special. My green beans were fairly good, except that they were smothered in onions. I HATE onions, and am always careful to read the menu so as to avoid dishes with onions. The menu on these said "green beans with mushrooms and butter" and never mentioned onions. I picked them out of the beans, but there was still a lingering oniony after taste.

We spent about 30 minutes eating our main course. My husband drank all of his water. No sign of our server. He walked past us at least five times and never slowed down. He took the order from the table right next to us. We sat and sat, but he never even gave us a second glance. Finally, I got up and went to the restroom. When I came back, my husband was holding the receipt. He said that the server had come to the table and presented the ticket, not even asking about the food, or asking if we needed anything else. When my husband asked him for more water, he said the server seemed a bit off-put about getting it for him.

The total bill was $93.20. For 2 entrees and ice water. We are generally exceptional tippers, but it was all we could do to give this young man $12. If he had even been slightly nice or attentive to us, I guarantee he would've gotten at least $20. Probably $30 because it was Christmas. His loss.

So we spent a total of $105.20 last night on a lackluster dinner. We agreed that the ambience was fantastic. It was fun being downtown. The Concord is a beautiful facility (ladies, note the countertops in the lobby restroom next time you're there). The valet parkers were great. They were all very friendly, fast and even rushed to open the door to the restaurant for me when I returned from the ladies room. Those guys should've been in the restaurant serving. They would've made out like bandits. My husband tipped them nicely when our car was brought to us after the meal.

We will take our business elsewhere in the future. We're not food snobs at all, and are generally pretty easy to please. But we should've gotten much more for that amount of money. There is an expectation that a person should have attentive, reliable service at a restaurant like Flint. The food should be better quality, and prepared properly. It was not even close to being up to par. Had we seen a manager anywhere we would've spoken to him/her about the experience. We didn't see a manager, though, and decided to just leave it alone rather than having to ask, and then wait, to talk to him/her. I was cold and wanted to get into the warm car at that point.

kevinpate
12-26-2014, 12:55 PM
Thanks for that review. I was hoping this establishment had now been open long enough now that it would be running smoothly. Your experience suggests quite strongly there is no need as yet to go rushing in for a try.

Pete
12-26-2014, 01:01 PM
Remember too that it -- along with Vast -- just switched management a few months ago.

turnpup
12-26-2014, 01:08 PM
I haven't been back to Vast for a meal since December of 2012. Pretty much the same experience. I do hope that these two places can get their acts together.

Bullbear
12-26-2014, 01:24 PM
pretty close to the experince I had there 12/13/14.. we have had great meals there before but we were not impressed a few weeks back. food wasn't good and certainly not up to the price.. and service was crap. hope they can get ahold of things as its a great space.

Chadanth
12-26-2014, 05:23 PM
Last time I was there was last December, and I see there is no need to return at this time.

ljbab728
12-26-2014, 08:37 PM
Just because you don't see a manager to talk to at this restaurant doesn't mean you shouldn't contact them in another way. They need to know about problems without having to read a review at OKC TALK. I've never eaten there so I don't have any past experience to go by but it seems to me that many places that are open on Christmas may not have their best staff that day.

kevinpate
12-27-2014, 08:37 AM
Remember too that it -- along with Vast -- just switched management a few months ago.

True, and I've not written either place onto a never ever bother list.
But they do not yet sound ready for a spot on the I'll gladly shift my plans to mesh with their availability list either.

TheTravellers
12-30-2014, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the info, turnpup, we heard it was still flaky, and enough time has elapsed since the mgmt change so that they should have their sh*t together by now, I'd think. Guess not, it's still at the bottom of our "to try" list for now...

However, not to pile on, but I'm wondering why neither of y'all just grabbed a server (any server), waved your hands around, did something to get their attention, and then asked to see a manager? I read about folks holding on the phone for 30 minutes waiting to place a to-go order (not here, obviously), or waiting 15 minutes for a menu, or other things like that. I would hang up after less than 5 minutes on hold for a to-go order, I would ask the next employee who walks by for a menu or to find my server (even if it's bus staff that don't speak English well), I've had to ask a server to see a manager, I take things into my own hands when things turn crappy at a restaurant, I don't wait for the obviously half-assed staff to suddenly get a clue and start working correctly, 'cos that ain't gonna happen. Just something to think about when you go to Flint again. :p

Richard at Remax
12-30-2014, 01:46 PM
How it is still ranked #3 restaurant on tripadvisor confusing to me

turnpup
12-30-2014, 03:13 PM
However, not to pile on, but I'm wondering why neither of y'all just grabbed a server (any server), waved your hands around, did something to get their attention, and then asked to see a manager?

You know, I guess maybe because it was Christmas and I didn't have it in me to be an asshole that night. Trust me, I do have that capability. No problems there. If I want, I can certainly cause a stink with the best of them. : )

That night, it just didn't seem appropriate.

TheTravellers
12-30-2014, 03:53 PM
You know, I guess maybe because it was Christmas and I didn't have it in me to be an asshole that night. Trust me, I do have that capability. No problems there. If I want, I can certainly cause a stink with the best of them. : )

That night, it just didn't seem appropriate.

Heh, I understand. My tolerance was would've been lower probably *because* it was Christmas night - just so you know where I'm coming from, I honked at about a dozen idiots on Christmas Eve. :D

Mr. Cotter
12-30-2014, 03:53 PM
That's in line with my recent experiences there. The breakfast is good, dinner is okay, and service is almost always awful. The last time we were there, the hostess was annoyed we didn't have reservations, and there might have been four other tables of small parties.

We've used this as a pretty place to get dinner downtown when we need it. I think Broadway 10 might be filling that need going forward.

edcrunk
06-08-2015, 09:53 AM
I got hired at FLINT about a month ago, so I'm back at The Colcord after a 4 year hiatus! No more filming of videos on the roof tho. Michael O'hara was recently hired as the GM (they were without one for months) and is doing a fantastic job. He has assembled a great team and I'm glad to be a part of it. I'm still trying stuff off of the new summer menu, and have been thoroughly impressed thus far.

Chadanth
06-08-2015, 11:07 AM
I got hired at FLINT about a month ago, so I'm back at The Colcord after a 4 year hiatus! No more filming of videos on the roof tho. Michael O'hara was recently hired as the GM (they were without one for months) and is doing a fantastic job. He has assembled a great team and I'm glad to be a part of it. I'm still trying stuff off of the new summer menu, and have been thoroughly impressed thus far.

Maybe I'll try it again, it's been about a year and the service was awful the few times I did go.

Lauri101
06-24-2015, 03:34 PM
OOur lead attorney and I went to lunch yesterday and the food and service were both awesome!

The lunch specials include vegetarian options (atty said the vegan panini was to die for) and the turkey burger was juicy and well seasoned. It's so difficult to find a turkey burger in a beef state, so that alone will keep me going back.

I was very impressed with the service we got from charming Sarah. She was attentive without being intrusive and made sure we had what we needed. Flint is my new go-to place for the rare times I eat lunch out while downtown.

100 more days, and my 33 years as a downtown worker come to an end. Even so, I suspect Flint will be on my rotation if I visit my colleagues to gloat over retirement.

Roger S
06-24-2015, 03:57 PM
....t's so difficult to find a turkey burger in a beef state, so that alone will keep me going back.

Hmmmm... Irma's... Tucker's... The Garage.. S&B... Those are all some heavy hitters in the OKC burger market that serve turkey burgers.

Urban Johnnie's serves chicken burgers.

ctchandler
06-24-2015, 04:32 PM
100 more days, and my 33 years as a downtown worker come to an end. Even so, I suspect Flint will be on my rotation if I visit my colleagues to gloat over retirement.

Lauri,
I told my working friends that every weekend was a three day weekend, and I took two month long vacations (very true, to England, Ireland, et al), and when I got up in the morning, I didn't do anything and I didn't start that till noon. You can really rub it in.
C. T.

TheTravellers
07-02-2015, 11:56 AM
Hmmmm... Irma's... Tucker's... The Garage.. S&B... Those are all some heavy hitters in the OKC burger market that serve turkey burgers.

Urban Johnnie's serves chicken burgers.

Cow Calf-Hay serves one of the best turkey burgers, according to my wife, she won't eat anybody else's.

Ginkasa
12-06-2015, 10:52 AM
My wife and I celebrated our anniversary by staying the night at the Colcord and the package we chose included a $50.00 credit at Flint, so of course we ate there for dinner (otherwise we might have enjoyed the view from Vast, which I think is probably glorious this time of year with Christmas lights and such, but I digress).

The food was a good. We had the charcuterie plate to start. It was all good, but I might have preferred a little more meat included on the plate. The presentation was also a little off. I'm not usually one to get to concerned over something like that, but some of the items were just piled on each other. My wife, who does not like onions at all, was especially disappointed that one of the cheeses was underneath the pickled onions.

My hanger steak was tasty and juicy. A little overcharred maybe, but I still enjoyed it. The mac & cheese that came with it was pretty good. The scallops were okay, but I'm not much of a seafood guy. My wife had the crispy smothered potato wedges. She thought they were really good. The bison pot roast (which the wedges were topped with) was very rich.

Our server was fine. She might have been a little quicker on the draw refilling my drink, but I never felt neglected. She did say "you're welcome" when I said "thank you," so she had that going for her.

We skipped dessert at the restaurant proper, but we ordered it as room service later in the evening (as Flint provides room service for the Colcord). We got the strawberry shortcake and were pretty disappointed. The ratio of strawberries and whipped cream to shortcake was way too low. We ended up having to scrape up the last remaining vestiges of whipped cream to help the dry cake go down. That was probably the low of the night.

All in all, I'd probably choose somewhere else if I were wanting to have a nice dinner out or something, but I wouldn't dissuade anyone else from going if this is where they wanted to go or be disappointed if someone brought me here.

TheTravellers
12-08-2015, 05:36 PM
Isn't Flint still in the process of getting their sh*t together? I thought I read in the Gazette that Vast and V2 are in their newly updated/finished state (new menu, layout, dress code, everything), but Flint won't be there until sometime in the first few months of 2016...

bradh
12-08-2015, 07:35 PM
when has Flint ever had their **** together?

TheTravellers
12-09-2015, 01:36 PM
when has Flint ever had their **** together?

And that's why they're pretty close to the bottom of our "to try" list, until Fleischfresser & co. get finished with it. :)

Teo9969
12-09-2015, 11:51 PM
I don't think Fleischfresser has anything to do with Flint.

TheTravellers
12-10-2015, 05:06 PM
He was in the past, was under the impression he still is, unless somebody knows something different...

Changes at the Colcord Hotel, Flint and Vast | News OK (http://newsok.com/article/5159767)

"Paul Coury is returning as operator of the Colcord Hotel and is teaming up with Kurt Fleischfresser, chef and owner of The Coach House, who will oversee restaurant operations."

Bowser214
04-27-2022, 04:48 PM
The Flint only serves Breakfast and Lunch now? Completely closed on the weekends? wow.

Pete
04-27-2022, 04:56 PM
The Flint only serves Breakfast and Lunch now? Completely closed on the weekends? wow.

These are their hours:

Breakfast Monday-Friday 6:30-10:30am
Lunch Monday-Friday 10:30am-2:00PM
Dinner Monday-Saturday 4:00-10:00pm
Dinner Sunday 5:00-9:00pm

Bowser214
04-27-2022, 06:02 PM
Good I'm glad I'm wrong. But here's why I thought they were on limited hours. 17419