View Full Version : Flint

Pages : 1 [2]

Pete
07-16-2023, 09:09 AM
From their website:

REMODELING
We are excited to announce that our Downtown OKC dining destination will be undergoing a complete remodel starting July 10th, 2023. Dining in the main dining area will be unavailable, but guests can enjoy in-room dining from 6:00 AM-10:00 PM. Throughout the remodel, the FLINT patio will be open to the public, so be sure to join us for our famous cocktails and bites!

DowntownMan
07-16-2023, 11:18 AM
From their website:

Can confirm. Meant to post this last week. They have the windows blacked out and looks like inside is gutted when door was open when I walked by

Pete
09-22-2023, 11:17 AM
They are already open.

Menus: https://www.flintokc.com/menus/

No real photos of the new interior except for keyhole shots like this:

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/flint092223a.jpeg

Press release:

Flint Kitchen & Bar
15 N Robinson Ave. Oklahoma City, OK 73102
Hours: Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 6 a.m. – 4 p.m.; Breakfast: Monday – Friday: 6 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.; Bar: Daily 7 a.m. – 12 a.m.; Lunch: Monday – Friday: 10:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.; Happy Hour: Daily 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.; Dinner: Daily 4 p.m. – 10 p.m.

https://www.flintokc.com/

FLINT KICHEN & BAR UNVEILS SPECTACULAR TRANSFORMATION AS IT REOPENS ITS DOORS

FLINT, the renowned dining establishment nestled within OKC’s Colcord Hotel, has reopened its doors, revealing a breathtaking transformation of its interior alongside an enticing array of new menu offerings. With the opulent embrace of sumptuous leather booths, majestic marble columns, and lavish gold accents throughout, dining at FLINT is now synonymous with an unparalleled sensory experience. As of this week, patrons can immerse themselves in the newly refined yet casually elegant dining ambiance, savoring classic American culinary masterpieces spanning from delectable brunch creations to artisanal cocktails and an award-winning wine selection. A completely renovated private dining room also awaits for elevated special occasions and gatherings. Reservations can be booked HERE.

While the restaurant has a fresh new look, the FLINT team is committed to honoring the history of their space. FLINT offers a variety of oyster features on the menu to pay homage to the oyster bar that previously occupied the Colcord lobby. Showcasing traditional raw oysters, fried oysters with a jalapeno remoulade and grilled oysters with garlic butter, guests will be enjoying shellfish at FLINT season after season.

“We are thrilled to have the opportunity to reintroduce FLINT to both locals in Oklahoma City and travelers alike,” said Justin George, Assistant General Manager. “As a historic property, we are looking forward to continuing to share food and friendship with all who walk through our doors for years to come.”

In addition to the sensational oyster options, FLINT offers a wide array of previous favorites and new creations. From regional delicacies like shrimp & grits or the Oklahoma state meal, a hand-breaded chicken fried steak, to fantastic brunch options like a jumbo cinnamon roll with candied walnuts and an espresso glaze. The revamped menu features American fare with Midwestern roots and a decidedly Southern influence, including the FLINT cheeseburger, featuring a brisket blend patty, cheddar cheese and all the classic fixings. Not to be missed is the cocktail menu, offering classics like the Negroni, Paper Plane and Sazerac, alongside seasonal specials like Figurati, Cider Delighter and Applejack Rabbit. Their wine list, recipient of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence in 2023, is well versed with recognizable labels, unique expressions and obscure gems alike!

ABOUT FLINT
Managed by Coury Hospitality, FLINT is the ultimate gathering space in downtown Oklahoma City. From pre-event drinks to post-game cheers and celebratory meals with loved ones, FLINT truly offers something for everyone. Guests can enjoy classic American cuisine with Midwestern and Southern roots, from fresh oysters to jumbo cinnamon rolls, in addition to an award-winning wine list and outstanding cocktails. Guests can enjoy their FLINT favorites in the recently renovated dining room or on the stunning patio space, where they will discover the premier dining destination in Oklahoma City.

ABOUT COURY HOSPITALITY
Established in 1999, Coury Hospitality stands as a distinguished force in the realm of hospitality management, with expertise spanning across all aspects of hotel, restaurant, and venue operations and development. Their reputation is built upon the art of restoring historic treasures, delivering unparalleled guest experiences, and crafting innovative designs for both new constructions and curated renovations. Coury Hospitality employs cutting-edge management methodologies that encompass financial acumen, revenue optimization, marketing strategies, and asset stewardship. Their passion lies in the transformation of both timeless architectural gems and modern structures into world-class, full-service boutique hotels, promising indelible memories for travelers and culinary enthusiasts alike. Discover more at CouryHospitality.com.

Urbanized
09-22-2023, 11:25 AM
^^^^^^
Had cocktails there two nights ago. I really like the updates.

Martin
09-22-2023, 12:08 PM
oh... i need one of those light fixtures for my kitchen.

Pete
09-22-2023, 12:15 PM
I wanted to give Flint props for accommodating a large group on their patio, even though the inside space was closed for remodeling.

I organized my HS class reunion at the Park House in August and one downside was that we had to be out by 11 PM. So I contacted Flint and asked if they could be sure to stay open from 11 PM onward that evening and have bartenders on hand.

They were fantastic and confirmed back with me a few days before. And of course I couldn't guarantee a certain number but estimated around 50 and that's exactly what we had walk over there. Flint was not only well-prepared, but they had arranged most of the outdoor furniture for a group and had two bartenders ready and waiting.

We were the only ones there but stayed until 1:30 AM. It was incredible service, especially since we could not guarantee a large number.

Greatly impressed by what they did for us and that patio is one of the most underrated spots in all of OKC.

CCOKC
09-22-2023, 12:52 PM
I love that outdoor space. It never seems to be well-used however.

Pete
09-22-2023, 12:55 PM
I love that outdoor space. It never seems to be well-used however.

The view at night of the lit-up Colcord ornate details, Devon Tower and the Myriad Gardens is really special.

Unfortunately, it's on the west side of the building so it's blazing hot until the sun goes down in the summer. Even with umbrellas, there is a lot of reflected heat off the building.

PhiAlpha
09-22-2023, 02:37 PM
I wanted to give Flint props for accommodating a large group on their patio, even though the inside space was closed for remodeling.

I organized my HS class reunion at the Park House in August and one downside was that we had to be out by 11 PM. So I contacted Flint and asked if they could be sure to stay open from 11 PM onward that evening and have bartenders on hand.

They were fantastic and confirmed back with me a few days before. And of course I couldn't guarantee a certain number but estimated around 50 and that's exactly what we had walk over there. Flint was not only well-prepared, but they had arranged most of the outdoor furniture for a group and had two bartenders ready and waiting.

We were the only ones there but stayed until 1:30 AM. It was incredible service, especially since we could not guarantee a large number.

Greatly impressed by what they did for us and that patio is one of the most underrated spots in all of OKC.

I hosted a fairly large happy hour on their patio a few years ago and I was similarly impressed. It's a really cool space (though it's a very hot space in the summer lol).

OkieBerto
02-02-2024, 10:07 AM
Has anyone been to Flint and tried their new Seafood dinner options? Trying to see if it is worth it. Thanks!