View Full Version : Centennial

Fantastic
01-11-2012, 01:37 PM
address=East Reno between Johnny Bench Avenue and Oklahoma Avenue
owner=Stonegate Hogan
cost=$14,300,000
height=5 stories + rooftop deck w/ amenities
other=30 condo units, + retail on first two floors (canal level and street level)

http://www.okctalk.com/images/wikiphotos/centennial1.jpg
Information & Latest News
Tenants

Red Pin Bowling (http://www.bowlredpin.com/)
Starbucks
Bolero (http://www.bolerotapasbar.com/)
Texadelphia (http://www.texadelphia.com/)
In the Raw Sushi (http://www.intherawsushi.com/)

Links
Website (http://thecentenniallofts.com/)
Gallery

mcca7596
01-11-2012, 01:37 PM
Anyone know what the lofts/apartments are called next to Harkins Theater and how much?

They're the Centennial Lofts.

http://thecentenniallofts.com/

sacolton
01-11-2012, 01:42 PM
Thanks! I guess my next choice would be the Garage Lofts.

metro
01-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Thanks! I guess my next choice would be the Garage Lofts.

What about the 5th avenue lofts?

okyeah
01-11-2012, 02:01 PM
Here's a Centennial Loft on the market for 355K. 1139 sq ft

http://www.okhomesnow.com/results.aspx?neighborhood=Centennial+Lofts&propType=C&sort=importdate

Pete
01-11-2012, 02:05 PM
Why the H are they calling these units lofts??

Lofts are open floor plan configurations, usually with exposed infrastructure such as ducts, electrical and masonry. Generally, they have high ceilings and are from converted industrial/manufacturing uses.

People like to throw the term around because it sounds urban and downtown-ish, but this is a completely incorrect use of it.

The Centennial units are condominiums, pure and simple.

sacolton
01-11-2012, 02:26 PM
Exactly, Pete. That's why I asked. They aren't "lofts", but they call them Condos?

Fantastic
01-11-2012, 09:03 PM
Pete, you are absolutly right, what I don't understand is why the official community website for Centennial residents is www.centenniallofts.com, and why it says Centennial Lofts in big friendly letters at the top of the page... makes me a little crazy!!!

OSUMom
01-11-2012, 09:31 PM
And you would think there would lots of places in Bricktown for real lofts. I bet there are a lot of buildings where the upper floor isn't being used.

mcca7596
01-11-2012, 09:37 PM
And you would think there would lots of places in Bricktown for real lofts. I bet there are a lot of buildings where the upper floor isn't being used.

I know, right?! I realize that some of the lack is because of exorbitant rent amounts, but I also wonder if some of the restaurants and bars are opposing the idea of people living above them.

dankrutka
01-11-2012, 09:58 PM
It's not hard. Wichita has converted the upper floors throughout Old Town (pretty much the same thing as Bricktown) inot lofts much better than OKC. OKC should be able to do that...

Flyfish23
01-12-2012, 10:16 AM
The restaurants and bars would not object to people living in the upper floors of Bricktown buildings since this would increase traffic. As a small business owner in Bricktown, this would be very welcome since a lack of residents in the area results in inconsistent business activity that is primarily driven by events. However, parking would be a huge issue in converting these buildings. Would you want to park a block away from your loft on the 5th floor every day, especially for everyday trips like going to the grocery store?

mcca7596
01-12-2012, 10:22 AM
Would you want to park a block away from your loft on the 5th floor every day, especially for everyday trips like going to the grocery store?

I honestly wouldn't mind it.

Just the facts
01-12-2012, 01:06 PM
The restaurants and bars would not object to people living in the upper floors of Bricktown buildings since this would increase traffic. As a small business owner in Bricktown, this would be very welcome since a lack of residents in the area results in inconsistent business activity that is primarily driven by events. However, parking would be a huge issue in converting these buildings. Would you want to park a block away from your loft on the 5th floor every day, especially for everyday trips like going to the grocery store?

Step 1 - get rid of the car.
Step 2 - problem solved.

The beauty of urban living is that you don't go to the grocery store very often, and when you do, you don't buy much at one time. Why cook and clean when for about the same price you can walk to the corner and eat? Plus the money you save on car payments, insurance, and gas more than off-sets the price difference in eating out.

mcca7596
01-12-2012, 01:22 PM
Step 1 - get rid of the car.
Step 2 - problem solved.

The beauty of urban living is that you don't go to the grocery store very often, and when you do, you don't buy much at one time. Why cook and clean when for about the same price you can walk to the corner and eat? Plus the money you save on car payments, insurance, and gas more than off-sets the price difference in eating out.

This

But, an intermediate solution could be to just build some parking garages on the dang surface lots that litter Bricktown.

Rover
01-12-2012, 01:27 PM

In my area in NYC, a block away would be like we would consider an attached garage here. LOL.

ljbab728
01-12-2012, 10:13 PM

Kerry, you're forgetting the fact that many people prefer homecooked meals over restaurant food. The first sentence doesn't make much sense. If you didn't go to the grocery store very often you would buy more when you went not less. I'm not opposed to your concept I just don't think that everyone agrees with you for the reasons you are giving.

OSUMom
01-12-2012, 10:54 PM
No every living condition is for everyone. I think if some lofts in Bricktown over some of the restaurants and bars opened up, there would be someone for whom that situation would be perfect.

Just the facts
01-13-2012, 03:36 PM
Kerry, you're forgetting the fact that many people prefer homecooked meals over restaurant food. The first sentence doesn't make much sense. If you didn't go to the grocery store very often you would buy more when you went not less. I'm not opposed to your concept I just don't think that everyone agrees with you for the reasons you are giving.

My point was that in an urban environment you have lots of dining choices, including grocery stores with ready to eat food. If you shop for groceries in an urban environment the way you do in suburbia most of your food will go bad before you can eat it. If you want live within walking distance of 30 restraunts and still cook dinner - more power to you. For me, not cooking is one of the benefits. Of course, this is why grocers are slow to enter urban markets.

ljbab728
01-13-2012, 11:35 PM
My point was that in an urban environment you have lots of dining choices, including grocery stores with ready to eat food. If you shop for groceries in an urban environment the way you do in suburbia most of your food will go bad before you can eat it. If you want live within walking distance of 30 restraunts and still cook dinner - more power to you. For me, not cooking is one of the benefits. Of course, this is why grocers are slow to enter urban markets.

Again, I agree with all of the choices you mention being available in an urban environment. But as I said, some people really enjoy cooking and find home cooked meals to be preferable to restaurants or take out. I'm not sure I understand your comment about shopping differences. There is no reason for food to go bad either place if you know what you're doing. I can't remember the last time I had to toss anything because it went bad.

Richard at Remax
01-16-2012, 01:25 PM
My folks put an offer in on the two bedroom that is for sale by Devon in the Centennial. They don't plan on moving there, but like to have the place after thunder games and whenever they are downtown so they don't have to drive all the way home. Also for when guests come to town. They have also been talking about leasing it out if they become disinterested in the whole thing.

At first I tried to get them to Check out block 42 or the Brownstones. They agreed that if this a more permanent thing that area would be more desirable. But since this decision was based more on an entertainment perspective, it was kind of a no brainer.

So we'll see what happens.

metro
01-16-2012, 05:50 PM
How is the Centennial by Devon?

OKCisOK4me
01-16-2012, 05:54 PM
How is the Centennial by Devon?

The unit...is for sale...through Devon, by Devon. Not next to Devon. But I'm sure you're only joking ;-)

catch22
01-16-2012, 05:54 PM
Maybe Devon leased a few rooms.

Richard at Remax
01-16-2012, 05:59 PM
The realtor said Devon had the units for out of town high priority clients, ect to stay while they were in town. If I had to guess they are wanting to get rid of them so they can move those types of people to the colcord.

catch22
01-29-2013, 07:40 PM
Totally Tickets is moving into the centennial. Will be going in on the west facing side next to In The Raw. Guessing this will be their office, and not really a retail space.

OKCisOK4me
01-29-2013, 08:57 PM
and Totally Tickets....is this a place that sells personalized ticket books for police officers? lol

dankrutka
01-29-2013, 10:12 PM
I guess anything would be okay. Not a great retail space b/c of poor visibility...

Richard at Remax
01-30-2013, 09:24 AM
I looked in the window while going to my folks condo upstairs and for how small that space is, this might be the best option.