View Full Version : Wiki Features

Pete
04-29-2012, 02:57 PM
You may have heard/read that we are planning to implement a "Wiki" function on the site that will allow us to create articles that will look and work just like Wikipedia.

Basically, the subject of each thread (for example, Devon Tower) will ultimately be linked to a Wiki article that will summarize all the important information. There will still be an associated discussion thread, but the purpose of the Wiki is to serve as a summary of all the key facts and latest news.

After we get rolling, we'll be add permissions to registered members who want to contribute to or edit an article.

I'm very, very excited about this for lots of reasons, but primarily because it will allow us to create and maintain a massive database of information on Central Oklahoma all in one place. The possibilities are literally endless!

Hang in there as you'll see Wiki stuff scattered about the site; soon we'll provide information on how this will all work and what part you can play. Obviously, we are hoping lots of people are going to volunteer for this massive project!

More to follow as we continue our implementation.

venture
04-29-2012, 03:35 PM
Does this mean no more massive initial posts to my weather threads? Lol

Can't wait. Thanks pete.

Spartan
05-04-2012, 11:33 PM
Pete - having trouble finding how to post a new article under a category without creating a new category for each new article...

edit: I give up, I thought that "book" was the way to link articles under a category but apparently that is something different. This thing is practically unusable for me until I figure it out.. perhaps there is a permission that I lack to be able to see something obvious.

Pete
05-05-2012, 06:05 AM
Spartan, we're not ready yet!

There is a lot of behind-the-scenes setup that has to be done.

I'll let you and others know when we are ready for articles to be written.

Spartan
05-05-2012, 11:09 AM
Ah sorry, can you blame me for chomping at the bits? :wink:

Pete
05-05-2012, 11:30 AM
I'm making progress... Hope to have something released in a few days.

ljbab728
05-05-2012, 09:11 PM
It may be something that is also in the works, but I can't seem to get directly from the main page to the last page in a thread.

yukong
05-05-2012, 10:43 PM
Can we turn it off in settings. I'll get flamed, but I don't care for it.

Pete
05-06-2012, 07:17 AM
I'm not nearly done implementing; once complete we can talk about any issues people may have.