View Full Version : Sante Fe Cattle Co.

G.Walker
04-24-2012, 07:58 AM
Sources: Santa Fe Cattle Co. coming soon!

http://www.santafecattleco.com/

jedicurt
04-24-2012, 08:50 AM
did they just recently close a bunch of these across several states?

OklahomaNick
04-24-2012, 08:58 AM
They have had some strange changes.. I believe that they used to be named Logan's Roadhouse (or were owned by the same company, but just went through name changes). I think there is still a Santa Fe Cattle Co in MWC in the newer development off I-40 across from the base. Is is still there? LOVE their rolls!

SoonerDave
04-24-2012, 09:56 AM
Yup, it is. And it has a horrible reputation for slow and inept service, unfortunately. I've been part of a group there several times, and each time the service has been slow and inaccurate. We finally gave up.

oneforone
04-24-2012, 10:22 AM
I eat their pretty regularly and never have any problems with the food or the service. I wonder how Cheddar's keep their doors open by serving mediocre food with lousy service. The only logical conclusion I can come to is their traffic consist of people that love huge portions and people who have never ate there before.

The wife and I gave Logan's a try twice.

The first time we went we asked to be seated in a quiet section. There was large group of people who were plastered and extremely loud. We pointed a boot where other people were setting and the hostess copped an attitude and stated they were closing in two hours and the section was closed. I then noted the table was right next to other customers. She the rolled her eyes, grabbed the menus and seated us. As she seated us, she slammed the menus down. When the waitress came around, I asked if the manager was available she stated that he busy. I then noted the hostess attitude and the waitress apologized. The food was okay but, I was pretty irritated over the hostess therefore I fired off an email to their corporate office from their website.

A District Manager called and apologized. We got a gift card from the District Manager and gave it another try. The service was still bad and the food was mediocre. We haven't been back since then.

Martin
04-24-2012, 10:32 AM
not sure who owns the santa fe cattle company name... i thought it was ryan's restaurants but that might have changed when it was acquired by buffets inc. logan's roadhouse is owned by cracker barrel. -M

SoonerDave
04-24-2012, 12:10 PM
I eat their pretty regularly and never have any problems with the food or the service. I wonder how Cheddar's keep their doors open by serving mediocre food with lousy service. The only logical conclusion I can come to is their traffic consist of people that love huge portions and people who have never ate there before.

Just goes to show ya how different experiences can hit different folks...

We've been to the Norman Cheddars several times and have only really had one bad experience. Food hot, reasonably priced, quickly served. Same with the MWC Cheddars, although I admit yours is not the first I've heard of sketchy experiences at that location.

Logans, IMHO, isn't the place to go for peace and quiet. With the open bar in the middle of the floor, peanuts flying, and neon signs blinking the latest bar beer specials at every turn, I think they aspire to a "good time" crowd...only been there a few times, unremarkable...not great, not terrible.

Charlie40
04-25-2012, 11:48 AM
Where is there a Santa Fe being built in Moore? I never say any new location on there site just listed the MWC one

choosegreen
07-16-2012, 02:23 PM
Where is there a Santa Fe being built in Moore? I never say any new location on there site just listed the MWC one

Deed filed last Thursday July 12 - looks like it will be across from Target on 19th St. DBMC Restaurants of Baton Rouge, LA bought approx. 4 lots, all replatted to Lot 1 Blk 1 Royal Rock III.

choosegreen
07-16-2012, 02:24 PM
This is the address on the deed as well as on the restaurant's website
Santa Fe Cattle Company
16851 Jefferson Hwy
Suite 9A
Baton Rouge, LA 70817