View Full Version : Jogger tries to car jack...

mmonroe
03-13-2012, 11:05 AM
Another department head in my office was talking about an incident that happened to his wife last night. She had left around 8PM to pick up their daughter from dance practice. While pulling through their neighborhood, a gentleman that was jogging on their street got in front of their truck and tried to car jack them. When the attempt at opening locked doors didn't work, he tried to jump in the back of the truck. There were no witnesses but his wife and daughter are pretty shook up.

Just beware of this new "tactic" and inform your families.

Snowman
03-13-2012, 08:42 PM
Jogger tries to car jack...

Seems more like a Carjacker tries jogging.

Jim Kyle
03-13-2012, 08:50 PM
As I informed my wife when she sometimes had to work until after dark, a woman at the wheel of a locked-down auto has a very powerful weapon at her disposal. If someone tries to open the locked door, a sudden jackrabbit start is quite likely to force him off balance. A quick shift into reverse can then pin him beneath the car, with bonus points if she can manage to stop with a wheel on top of his leg or other body part. This will assure that he sticks around until the police can arrive. All it takes is acceptance of the need to actively resist, without worrying about injuring her attacker...

Bimmerdude
03-14-2012, 06:32 AM
Do you know where this took place at? We have a lot of petty crime (break ins, property thefts) in my neighborhood, but have never heard of carjackings. Wow

mmonroe
03-16-2012, 07:46 AM
Somewhere off of 4th street, right off the highway.

Just the facts
03-16-2012, 07:54 AM
As I informed my wife when she sometimes had to work until after dark, a woman at the wheel of a locked-down auto has a very powerful weapon at her disposal. If someone tries to open the locked door, a sudden jackrabbit start is quite likely to force him off balance. A quick shift into reverse can then pin him beneath the car, with bonus points if she can manage to stop with a wheel on top of his leg or other body part. This will assure that he sticks around until the police can arrive. All it takes is acceptance of the need to actively resist, without worrying about injuring her attacker...

Just remember, after the first impact she needs to get out and perform an expert evaluation of the victim to determine if he still poses a threat. I wouldn't want her going to prison for life.

oneforone
03-18-2012, 03:05 AM
I think this type of move would have been appropriate. After all everybody will call the police for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU57aEXDlU8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU57aEXDlU8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

proud2Bsooner
07-06-2012, 12:12 PM
Another department head in my office was talking about an incident that happened to his wife last night. She had left around 8PM to pick up their daughter from dance practice. While pulling through their neighborhood, a gentleman that was jogging on their street got in front of their truck and tried to car jack them. When the attempt at opening locked doors didn't work, he tried to jump in the back of the truck. There were no witnesses but his wife and daughter are pretty shook up.

Just beware of this new "tactic" and inform your families.

I am surprised that the jogger is a gentleman. Also, I will be praying for his wife and daughter. I can't imagine my kids having to watch me jump in the back of a speeding vehicle.