View Full Version : Google car back in OKC

metro
03-12-2012, 09:24 AM
I saw he Google car in OKC again on Saturday gassing up over at I-40 and MacArthur. Don't know if it was just passing through or getting the New I-40 and Devon.

mmonroe
03-12-2012, 10:00 AM
I saw them back in September driving around between the CHK Arena and Devon. I wonder if they have updated the streets view or not.

catch22
03-12-2012, 10:11 AM
Either they were passing through or was updating the I-40 streetviews. I don't think Devon is their main focus.

redrunner
03-12-2012, 10:13 AM
I saw a cat in the tree today.

ljbab728
03-12-2012, 09:56 PM
I saw a cat in the tree today.

Was the Google car taking pictures of it? If not, it doesn't exist. LOL

RadicalModerate
03-12-2012, 10:02 PM
I love the Google Car
The Google Car is the coolest car ever.
The Wraptor Ford Raptor Truck
(in the Braum's parking lot)
was the coolest truck ever.

Wish I'd had a camera.

Who drives the Google Car?
A Google version of Alan Funt?

redrunner
03-12-2012, 10:04 PM
I love the Google Car
The Google Car is the coolest car ever.
The Wraptor Ford Raptor Truck
(in the Braum's parking lot)
was the coolest truck ever.

Wish I'd had a camera.

Who drives the Google Car?
A Google version of Alan Funt?

what are you on?

RadicalModerate
03-12-2012, 10:07 PM
Whatever made me not see
the cat in the tree today.
(Post #4) =)

OKCisOK4me
03-12-2012, 10:47 PM
That's funny cause I saw a dog in the gutter...

RadicalModerate
03-12-2012, 10:51 PM
....... (<not said stuff) LOL!!!^

go . . . figure. =)

(for RedRunner: Alan Funt was the producer and host of The Original Candid Camera . . .
take it from there. Eventually he, Alan, was as lame as an apparantly dead dog in a gutter.
Your cat quip made me appreciate the Wonders of Google and understated humor simultaneously.
I apologize for any misunderstanding.
Allow me to offer a word of advice:
Original Disneyland (AlamedaCA=Long Lines. Don't go expecting fun.
GoogleCar . . .what can I say.
We were blessed by its visit. =)

Or else . . . =(

SoonerBoy18
03-16-2012, 04:06 PM
How long do you think it will take for them to update their images in downtown Oklahoma City? Google maps has street views of OKC from the winter of 2009 and it looks horrible

UncleCyrus
03-16-2012, 04:45 PM
Spotted it at 7th and Hudson on Tuesday.

Snowman
03-17-2012, 03:50 AM
How long do you think it will take for them to update their images in downtown Oklahoma City? Google maps has street views of OKC from the winter of 2009 and it looks horrible

From the current coverage map it looks like they go on almost all of the public roads, you could probably get the interstates, citywide grid and downtown streets in a few days but doing every neighborhood road will take months. It seems like it would make sense to do major roads, retail centers and new subdivisions on a separate update cycle from older residential areas. Though part of this update is apparently going to a higher resolution image, not just a refreshing of what is present.

poe
03-17-2012, 05:58 AM
I posted this on another thread not too long ago, but Google Maps has updated HD images of the Academy store in Edmond. Looks like they drove around the parking lot and around Rib Crib. It leaves me to think more updates are on the way. If you want to check it out for yourself, just drop the pin anywhere in the Academy parking lot.

Snowman
03-17-2012, 06:06 AM
It is a little surprising they took the time to do every every lane in the parking lots

SoonerBoy18
03-17-2012, 10:20 PM
I read that some parts of Mustang cannot be seen on any maps due to how fast that city is growing, I use to check google maps every now and then to see if they updated the satellite images, which they did in the summer but, The city still looked like it didnt grow

adaniel
03-17-2012, 10:31 PM
I posted this on another thread not too long ago, but Google Maps has updated HD images of the Academy store in Edmond. Looks like they drove around the parking lot and around Rib Crib. It leaves me to think more updates are on the way. If you want to check it out for yourself, just drop the pin anywhere in the Academy parking lot.

All of their updates for OKC and Tulsa streetviews should be posted by this summer.

Snowman
03-17-2012, 10:36 PM
I read that some parts of Mustang cannot be seen on any maps due to how fast that city is growing, I use to check google maps every now and then to see if they updated the satellite images, which they did in the summer but, The city still looked like it didnt grow

While I would not have doubted that a few years ago, it would be surprising if anywhere was still growing at the same pace today as just a couple years ago. There is still evidence of clearing land for subdivisions in that region though technically not Mustang, a lot of people will referee to the area that is OKC between Yukon and Mustang (which is where more of the growth has been) as Yukon or Mustang due to the school districts covering that area are Mustang but the mailing addresses are Yukon.

poe
03-17-2012, 10:45 PM
All of their updates for OKC and Tulsa streetviews should be posted by this summer.

Nice. I'm really looking forward them!

SoonerBoy18
03-18-2012, 12:25 AM
Why cant they come to small towns and update their street views and satellites? My town has a satellite view that is from 2008, and a lot of landscaping has changed since then such as new athletic facilities and new neighborhoods, wish I could see them update it

Snowman
05-10-2012, 07:08 AM
Spotted it yesterday on NW 30th near May.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
05-11-2012, 01:38 PM
I've been standing in my front yard in a chicken suit every day for over two months now, waiting on that stupid car :mad:

OKCisOK4me
05-11-2012, 02:24 PM
I've been standing in my front yard in a chicken suit every day for over two months now, waiting on that stupid car :mad:

hahahaha...thanks for the laugh. That was good!

poe
06-21-2012, 07:47 PM
The parking lot for the Home Depot at 59th and May has updated HD views. :D

Spartan
06-21-2012, 10:50 PM
I just drove past the google car on 23rd yesterday and I rolled down the window and made a funny face, hopefully I made it in time..

RadicalModerate
06-22-2012, 01:14 AM
<torea> <google car> <urban sprawl> <trains> <air horns><so whatelseisnew>....
<obama/romney.....>

SoonerBoy18
06-22-2012, 09:47 AM
I have been checking google Maps on my iPad just about every day to see if they have updated images of the new i-40, Devon Tower, and up and coming neighborhoods in the suburbs. How long does it take to them to update it? I'm about to give up.

Dubya61
06-22-2012, 11:33 AM
<torea> <google car> <urban sprawl> <trains> <air horns><so whatelseisnew>....
<obama/romney.....>

RM, that is just so incendiary! I'm offended!:wink:

OKCNDN
06-22-2012, 12:43 PM
I spent two weeks checking google maps very closely for bigfoot in the american northwest. Didn't see nothing.

RadicalModerate
06-24-2012, 12:17 PM
RM, that is just so incendiary! I'm offended!:wink:

I apologize for causing any offense or fires. The Google Car--or at least the pictures it makes available to everyone--is/are just about my favorite thing(s) in the world. (well . . . that's a slight exaggeration . . . but not by much. =) One of the most mysterious street scenes that the Google car ever captured is the street view of my brother-in-laws place in Minneapolis. It looks like a car caught in one of those X-Files Space Warps is parked in front of his place. If I knew how to do a Google Car Street View Picture Screen Shot I would post it so you could see what I mean.

Viva Google Car!
(may it perform its public service
as long as the rivers flow
and train horns blow.)