General Information and Latest News
2,847 square feet
First location in Moore
Links
http://www.gogosushinow.com/
Gallery

soonerhcf
11-14-2011, 08:21 PM
I've eaten at GoGo Sushi in Moore several times, and it is always really good. In addition to sushi they have hibachi, so the non-sushi eater has a lot of menu options, too. They have good reviews on Urban Spoon, and I think that it will compliment everything going on in Midtown.

BoulderSooner
01-13-2012, 07:52 AM
GOGO sushi coming soon to the south of the 10th and walker traffic circle across walker from Kaisers

these are from downtown design review

Just the facts
01-13-2012, 08:16 AM
Are there any site plans available that shows how this will sit on the lot? I wish it was two or more stories. While we have a lot of vacant lots in the area I hate seeing prime street frontage wasted on one story buildings that won't be long for this world. I guess like Deep Deuce, step 1 is using up all the ground space and step 2 is going vertical. I just wish we could jump straight to step 2.

Skyline
01-13-2012, 08:18 AM
This is an existing building.

BoulderSooner
01-13-2012, 08:40 AM
This is an existing building.

correct this is that old antique store location

wschnitt
01-13-2012, 09:11 AM
They had a work stoppage order on the door 10 days ago but they seemed to have started again. Any idea what that was about?

Architect2010
02-08-2012, 12:14 AM
Found these renderings in last month's Downtown Design Review Committee agenda. They are of the new sushi restaurant opening directly south of the Midtown traffic circle. For reference, this is in the western half of the small retail-strip structure directly east of St. Anthony's main entrance and southwest of Brown's Bakery.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7025/6839932449_5d6687fbff_b.jpg
Looking south.
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7146/6839932385_f71d3efaf3_b.jpg
Walker frontage, looking east.

metro
02-13-2012, 10:11 AM
http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae288/snewlon/sushi2.jpg

Pete
02-24-2012, 04:03 PM
Photo from Metro.

http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae288/snewlon/069-1.jpg

Pete
03-06-2012, 12:04 PM
From Urban Pioneer:

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/gogosushi3612.jpg

Easy180
03-06-2012, 05:47 PM
Interesting news...I am also a fan of the Moore location but I usually get a bento box instead of full on sushi...Pretty cool little place with good food...Should do pretty well up there

Questor
03-06-2012, 07:42 PM
They have surprisingly good sushi. They have the best white tuna sashimi I have had in a while. I'll have to hit Tokyo Japanese again sometime and see how it compares.

kbsooner
03-07-2012, 08:56 PM
Interesting news...I am also a fan of the Moore location but I usually get a bento box instead of full on sushi...Pretty cool little place with good food...Should do pretty well up there

Hard not to get the Bento box... tasty, plentiful and inexpensive. Although I've had plenty of their rolls and have not been disappointed with anything.

GaryOKC6
06-06-2012, 10:54 AM
They opened yesterday. Worth a trip there is you like this type of food.

BBatesokc
08-02-2012, 07:33 PM
Ate there tonight for dinner with the wife.

Looks very similar inside to the location in Moore (clean, spacious and totally lacking in creativity).

I'm no sushi snob, so others will be more qualified to editorialize on the quality of the ingredients. That said, we took advantage of the special - 1/2 price sushi after 4pm (5 rolls to choose from tonight).

The rolls (we ordered 4) were all really good (firm, fresh and full of flavor) and the total with 2 drinks was only about $22.

They were made fast and looked great. The employee walking the floor was very friendly and attentive to drink refills, getting chop sticks for us and bringing out more ginger.

I split the 4 rolls with the wife and we agreed we could have stopped at only 3 rolls and put the total around $17 (really good deal for two to eat good food downtown).

My only 'complaints' (not really complaints, just stuff I took note of) would be that I was a bit disappointed the place was so lacking in atmosphere for such a good location. To me, it was just a step above a nicer mall or food court sushi joint - not a 'date night' kinda place unless I'm a teenager or in my sweats. I'm not big on sushi places where you order at the counter, take a number to your table and there is a Coca~Cola self-serve fountain prominently positioned (what is the cola pairing for a spicy tuna or California roll?).

The atmosphere is fine for lunch, but more of a convenience location for dinner and not a destination. They may already be suffering from the lack of atmosphere as they just recently stopped being open on Saturday - seriously - if you can't justify being open on a Saturday in Midtown, its not a good sign.

Another dinner destination strike would be the lack of liquor (specifically, wine or a vodka tonic).

Another thing, I don't know if its a building maintenance issue or a financial one, but the A/C was barely adequate. The thermostat was displaying 92-degrees. Now, I don't think it was anywhere near that warm inside, but I'm guessing it was every bit of 83 - several patrons were using their menus as makeshift fans (another concerning sign).

In short, by all means give it a try, but I'm guessing more people will see it as a lunch spot, or super casual dinner spot. Pachinko Parlor has it beat with atmosphere, but GoGo's sushi is much better (plus they have water flavored with oranges and strawberries, whereas Pachinko's tastes like it was strained through the dish rag). Unfortunately, if you're downtown on a 'real' date and want the best combination of taste and decor, you're still stuck going to Bricktown and visiting In The Raw.

BBatesokc
08-22-2012, 03:04 PM
Went by for our third visit last night at 5pm. We thought we were going to take advantage of the 1/2 price sushi happy hour. We knew something was amiss when we arrived and found the parking lot empty.

When we went in the apparent manager on duty was seated at the bar slobbering over a plate of something she had just made herself.

She said they stopped doing the 1/2 price sushi happy hour 2 weeks ago because it was just an opening promotion. Apparently being open on the weekends was just a promotion too, because they stopped that almost immediately after opening.

Needless to say, they need to keep the promotions and weekend hours going if they want a prayer of staying open.

Went by for lunch a week or so ago and it was only half full.

Not looking good.

Pete
01-09-2016, 05:20 PM
I went last night around 7 and had to wait for a table to clear. Very busy, surprisingly so for dinner.

I had the chicken teriyaki bento box.

It's a lot of food for the money, as you get miso soup, a decent bit of the entree (other options than chicken T), small salad, scoop of rice, 3 big pieces of tempura and 4 pieces of California roll... All for $8.99.

Chicken teriyaki is one of my favorite dishes and I will not order theirs again. It was bit-sized pieces of meat that seemed overcooked and/or had been sitting around for a while and the sauce was pretty tasteless.

The rest was just okay although the soup was below par and miso soup is pretty easy to get right.

Love that it's close by and easy to order but will stick with their rolls slathered in all types of sauces when I want a quick sushi fix.

Urbanized
01-09-2016, 06:25 PM
Their nigiri is usually pretty solid. As far as rolls I generally get the rainbow, though it's not slathered with anything. I usually go rainbow roll, yellowtail nigiri and unagi. The harumaki appetizer is pretty good too.

Thomas Vu
01-10-2016, 02:16 AM
I like their water.

soonerguru
01-10-2016, 11:25 PM
I went last night around 7 and had to wait for a table to clear. Very busy, surprisingly so for dinner.

I had the chicken teriyaki bento box.

It's a lot of food for the money, as you get miso soup, a decent bit of the entree (other options than chicken T), small salad, scoop of rice, 3 big pieces of tempura and 4 pieces of California roll... All for $8.99.

Chicken teriyaki is one of my favorite dishes and I will not order theirs again. It was bit-sized pieces of meat that seemed overcooked and/or had been sitting around for a while and the sauce was pretty tasteless.

The rest was just okay although the soup was below par and miso soup is pretty easy to get right.

Love that it's close by and easy to order but will stick with their rolls slathered in all types of sauces when I want a quick sushi fix.

We love this place, but I agree about the Bento boxes. Pretty meh. Also, their salad leaves a lot to be desired. Still, this is a friendly and casual joint with good sushi.

baralheia
01-11-2016, 10:30 AM
I'm not a huge fan of the teriyaki bento boxes myself as I agree that the teriyaki sauce needs more flavor, but I do really enjoy their tonkatsu bento box.

thetophologist
01-21-2016, 05:19 PM
Their Okie Roll is one of my all-time favorite sushi rolls. I get it nearly everytime I go. Also, they have a 3pm-5pm happy hour Monday through Thursday where a large selection of their rolls are half-price (including the Okie Roll).

BBatesokc
01-21-2016, 05:55 PM
Their Okie Roll is one of my all-time favorite sushi rolls. I get it nearly everytime I go. Also, they have a 3pm-5pm happy hour Monday through Thursday where a large selection of their rolls are half-price (including the Okie Roll).

Glad they brought the Happy Hour back. We'll probably check them out again just to take advantage of it.

Bullbear
01-22-2016, 08:01 AM
I will have to check out the happy hour that might make it worth it for me. I in general don't like the order at the counter concept for sushi but that is just my personal taste.