View Full Version : Asian Eternity Buffet (closed)

SoonerQueen
02-07-2012, 12:16 AM
It looks like the Asian Eternity Buffet at 6161 N May is closing and changing hands. I read in the Gazette that a Hibachi Grill type buffet is going in there and will open on Feb 11. I think the first thing the new owners need to do is replace the heat/air conditioner. It hasn't worked in years and the place is hot during the summer.

kevinpate
02-07-2012, 06:20 AM
If it is the same Hibachi Grill/Buffet folk as on I-240, don't get your HVAC hopes up. The odd air temps there are about the only flaw I ever noticed at that location. Well, that and the poor excuse for bar b que. Either do Q or don't, but pretending at it is just wrong, lol.

OKCisOK4me
02-07-2012, 11:59 AM
At first I was thinking I never heard of then until I read the address. That's right in my backyard at the old Golden Corral location. Best of luck to the new tenant. They may close down too.

MikeOKC
02-07-2012, 12:15 PM
At first I was thinking I never heard of then until I read the address. That's right in my backyard at the old Golden Corral location. Best of luck to the new tenant. They may close down too.

It's a great location with a very strange layout. The building sets way back and faces north. I think the only hope here is if the building can be razed and a new building built with greater visibility from May Ave.

By the way, the new Chandelle restaurant upstairs here at Founders Tower is on hold. I think they'll get it straightened out, but right now there's a wrinkle or two...or three. BTW, Founders is mentioned with a few pics at this site (http://www.agilitynut.com/modarch/okoffice.html). Has anyone ever seen this "Roadside Architecture" site before? Rather interesting.

OKCisOK4me
02-07-2012, 12:53 PM
It's a great location with a very strange layout. The building sets way back and faces north. I think the only hope here is if the building can be razed and a new building built with greater visibility from May Ave.

I was going to mention something along these lines. I'm totally up for that but I just don't have any clue what would be good for that spot.

SoonerQueen
02-07-2012, 08:30 PM
I'd love to see something like a Bob Evans or Village Inn go in someplace in the area.

progressiveboy
02-07-2012, 08:55 PM
I'd love to see something like a Bob Evans or Village Inn go in someplace in the area. Maybe LePeep or First Watch? Both good places for breakfast and lunch.

Larry OKC
02-11-2012, 09:05 PM
Drove by today and the new place is open for business...check out the gazette ad for what sounds like an excellent deal (sorry but dont have it in front of me ... 99 cents for the lunch buffet and $1.99(?) for the dinner one...with ad, for the first "X" customers (that day?), not good on Sundays and runs for a while...

Larry OKC
02-11-2012, 09:08 PM
We used to have Village Inns here...I ate at them often, had great breakfast skillets (much better than the ones some of the other breakfast places have)...there was one near Portland/39th street and NW Expressway/Rockwell (in front of Hobby Lobby)

SoonerQueen
02-11-2012, 09:23 PM
First Watch is great. There is one on Memorial Road.

SoonerQueen
02-12-2012, 08:01 PM
We decided to try this place tonight. We won't go back. It's the same Asian Eternity just with a different name.Food wasn't good at all. It isn't the same Hibachi restaurant as on the southside of town.We were very disappointed.

Roadhawg
02-13-2012, 07:01 AM
We used to have Village Inns here...I ate at them often, had great breakfast skillets (much better than the ones some of the other breakfast places have)...there was one near Portland/39th street and NW Expressway/Rockwell (in front of Hobby Lobby)

I used to go to the Village Inn quite a bit in Nebraska.... we called them the Village Idiots lol

FoodFuser
02-21-2012, 11:05 AM
Has anyone been by there recently? What is their new name?