View Full Version : 178th & Penn NW OKC

wyopoke
12-26-2011, 08:35 AM
Does anyone know what is being built in NW OKC on 178th and Penn, straight west of the Life Church Arena?

Pete
12-26-2011, 08:40 AM
Everything on the northwest side of that intersection is zoned residential except a small parcel on the very corner.

calitook
12-26-2011, 09:08 AM
That's exactly where it is- right on the corner. The framework is up for a small building- looks a little too big to be a gas station/convenience store, but a little too small to be a bank.

Pete
12-26-2011, 09:17 AM
That will be a convenience store.

Now owed by the same group that operates this Conoco on the SE corner of 150th & Penn. Will probably be the same or very similar:

http://www.oklahomacounty.org/assessor/Searches/sketches/picfile/3632/R140311048001sA.jpg

corwin1968
01-03-2012, 07:31 AM
My wife and I have been debating on whether it would be Conoco (my guess), On Cue, 7-11 (our hope) or some other convenience store. Looks like I was right on the Conoco.

redrunner
01-03-2012, 12:52 PM
Pete is correct. Will be identical to store at NW 150th and Penn.

tsou89
01-07-2012, 10:19 PM
My wife and I have been debating on whether it would be Conoco (my guess), On Cue, 7-11 (our hope) or some other convenience store. Looks like I was right on the Conoco.

i'd love an OnCue in our area. One thing we don't need is another inefficiently operated, dirty 7-11. I go there daily and I want to kick myself every time I go thru the door. If there was another option as close as 7-11 is I'd never step in that place again!

stlokc
01-08-2012, 08:01 AM
I mean no offense to the previous poster, but I don't understand why anybody has to go to a gas station DAILY. I probably burn a tank per week, but with the ability to "pay at the pump" which is practically universal, it's probably been months since I have actually been inside one. I can't tell you whether my neighborhood station (which is a 7-11) is dirty or clean. I just don't understand why people make such a big deal one way or another about such a bland commodity as a gas station.

ljbab728
01-08-2012, 10:13 PM
About the only reason I ever go to a 7-11 is the use the ATM which has no fee. I usually am careful about how I punch the buttons though to avoid germs. LOL

metro
01-09-2012, 08:48 AM
I mean no offense to the previous poster, but I don't understand why anybody has to go to a gas station DAILY. I probably burn a tank per week, but with the ability to "pay at the pump" which is practically universal, it's probably been months since I have actually been inside one. I can't tell you whether my neighborhood station (which is a 7-11) is dirty or clean. I just don't understand why people make such a big deal one way or another about such a bland commodity as a gas station.
Lots of blue collar workers go their daily for snacks/lunch.

catch22
01-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Lots of blue collar workers go their daily for snacks/lunch.

Yep. Quick, cheap, and convenient for me. There's a reason they are called convenience stores. I'd prefer something better, but I don't get to leave work on my lunch break. Some nights I am just too tired to pack a lunch so stopping in and grabbing chips, something to cook in the microwave, and a bottle of soda on my way to work in the morning.

tsou89
01-09-2012, 03:22 PM

No offense taken! I'm addicted to Diet Coke ...out of the fountain. 7-11 is the closest place to get my fix.

corwin1968
01-11-2012, 08:02 AM
7-11 generally has pretty good gas prices and we can use their ATM's without any fees so we're fans. I generally don't expect much from convenience stores anyway so a little dirt doesn't bother us.

metro
01-11-2012, 08:57 AM
7-11 generally has pretty good gas prices and we can use their ATM's without any fees so we're fans. I generally don't expect much from convenience stores anyway so a little dirt doesn't bother us.

Have you never been to an ONCUE or QT?

blink
01-12-2012, 01:00 AM
Have you never been to an ONCUE or QT?

This ^