View Full Version : Skirvin closing down?? (false rumor)

OKC PATROL
12-09-2011, 09:06 PM
I cant imagine, but I heard inside info that the Skirvin Hotel is closing bc its not making enough to stay alive?? Is this true? I didnt believe it when I heard the rumors and I still dont, but does anyone have any info...

OKCRT
12-09-2011, 09:50 PM
All they need to do is contact TAPS (ghost hunters} and have them do an investigation on their tv show and Whamo!

wschnitt
12-09-2011, 10:03 PM
They do have lots of bad reviews on google.

Larry OKC
12-09-2011, 10:11 PM
Seems unlikely, there was a story not too long ago by Steve that said the financing partially funded by the City was being paid back ahead of schedule or something like that???

king183
12-09-2011, 10:14 PM
There's no way this is true. They've been doing well and they recently spoke about a possible expansion, though it was tied to the convention center locating in north Bricktown.

jbkrems
12-09-2011, 10:20 PM
I have a friend who works there... I haven't heard anything about this from her. :)

Larry OKC
12-09-2011, 10:21 PM
sadly, sometimes the employees are the last to know

Steve
12-09-2011, 10:26 PM
Um, no. The hotel is doing fine. It won't close. I'll also squash any attempt to start rumors that the Thunder is being sold, moved to another town, and that Devon is being bought by Exxon and moved to Houston.

MDot
12-09-2011, 10:28 PM
I've heard the Thunder rumor but not the Devon rumor. LOL

OKC PATROL
12-09-2011, 10:33 PM
LOL. Is all I have to give. Thank you Steve and thanks a lot to the person who made me look like a fool for the thread.

Steve
12-09-2011, 10:34 PM
Oh yeah, let me add that an NFL football stadium is going to be built in southeast Oklahoma City and Disneyworld is going to open up in Stroud. And then there's that story I heard about the Matthis Bros... but let's not go there. Not trying to make you look like a fool OKC Patrol. Notice I'm not commenting on the status of the ownership... (the president, Bill Otto, recently stepped down, other things going on as well)

MDot
12-09-2011, 10:36 PM
They shoulld call it Disneyuniverse not Disneyworld, there is already a Disneyworld.

ljbab728
12-09-2011, 10:53 PM

Every hotel in the world gets bad reviews on google. That means nothing.

kevinpate
12-10-2011, 04:52 AM
Never understood all the ruckus about the not so brotherly ones back in the day. There's probably lots of grown people who like baby food. Ain't nuttin' but a thang.

Larry OKC
12-10-2011, 07:42 AM
Oh yeah, let me add that an NFL football stadium is going to be built in southeast Oklahoma City and Disneyworld is going to open up in Stroud. And then there's that story I heard about the Matthis Bros... but let's not go there. Not trying to make you look like a fool OKC Patrol. Notice I'm not commenting on the status of the ownership... (the president, Bill Otto, recently stepped down, other things going on as well)
I did hear that Disney is going to buy the naming rights to the Canal to pay for the Canal Expansion and rebrand it/convert it into a Pirates of the Caribbean ride....LOL

Pete
12-10-2011, 07:48 AM

And mostly raves on the much-respected TripAdvisor: 4.5 stars out of five from almost 200 reviews. Ranked #5 of 125 hotels in OKC.

The downtown hotel market is doing great, evidenced by one recently opened, one another construction and two more about to start.

wschnitt
12-10-2011, 10:03 AM
And mostly raves on the much-respected TripAdvisor: 4.5 stars out of five from almost 200 reviews. Ranked #5 of 125 hotels in OKC.

The downtown hotel market is doing great, evidenced by one recently opened, one another construction and two more about to start.

I know my parents did not stay there when they came to visit based on the google reviews.

$56 Million gets you a #5 ranking. How much do you think the Cambria Suites has into their hotel? $3 million, MAYBE???

Pete
12-10-2011, 10:48 AM
These rankings also take into account expectations and price, which are much higher at a place like the Skirvin.

Most the complaints have to do with them charging for wi-fi in the rooms, although it's free in the lobby.

metro
12-10-2011, 02:22 PM
Pete can we lock down this nonsense thread?