View Full Version : CarSafe

ljbab728
11-24-2011, 12:57 AM
This isn't Boeing but it sounds like some decent paying jobs moving into the OKC area from St. Louis.

http://newsok.com/car-insurance-telemarketer-moves-headquarters-to-oklahoma-city/article/3625949

venture
11-24-2011, 03:50 PM
This should be one that is blocked from coming here honestly.

http://www.bbb.org/stlouis/business-reviews/auto-service-contract-companies/car-safe-in-saint-charles-mo-310250957

I have never seen a BBB rating of "F" given to a company before when checking them out.

They appear to be a company that just does extended warranty for cars, but misrepresents it as an urgent notice that the customer needs to "renew" immediately. Looking at some of the comments on the story, which you do have to take with a grain of salt, it seems they are being ran out of Missouri as the AG there has been prosecuting companies like this very often.

Easy180
11-24-2011, 06:20 PM
Venture your post makes sense...Wasn't sure why that type of company would pony up money to move to another state but it makes sense now...Seemed like an Express Credit Auto type of company so please forgive me if I skip the golf clap on this new addition

ljbab728
11-24-2011, 08:15 PM
You're correct. I'll reserve final judgement though.

MikeOKC
11-24-2011, 09:39 PM
"Missouri Attorney General Chris Koster filed lawsuits against 12 companies, including CarSafe, on Jan. 1, 2009, said Doug Ommen, chief counsel for the consumer protection division."

"Koster's office has made no secret of its desire to push some of the companies out of business or out of state."

"The case against CarSafe, Ommen said, not only names the corporation, which previously operated as Dealer Preferred Warranty, but also three individuals: Nils Flodberg (CEO), Mark Eckman and John Jacob Ehlinger."

Wish they would go somewhere else. Far, far away.

Easy180
11-25-2011, 07:38 AM
Either way they market their service to the uneducated less fortunate folks who scare easily...Yea!!

MDot
11-25-2011, 11:17 AM
I agree with ljbab that I should wait and see but I seriously don't know what I'm suppose to see. This is one that I just don't really care for.

metro
11-25-2011, 05:33 PM
This should be one that is blocked from coming here honestly.

http://www.bbb.org/stlouis/business-reviews/auto-service-contract-companies/car-safe-in-saint-charles-mo-310250957

I have never seen a BBB rating of "F" given to a company before when checking them out.

They appear to be a company that just does extended warranty for cars, but misrepresents it as an urgent notice that the customer needs to "renew" immediately. Looking at some of the comments on the story, which you do have to take with a grain of salt, it seems they are being ran out of Missouri as the AG there has been prosecuting companies like this very often.

Who cares about the BBB? It's just as much a scam as this company. It's nothing but a racket and you have to pay them a lump sum to get rid of your bad rating with them.

MikeOKC
11-25-2011, 05:35 PM
Okay, forget BBB. Pay attention to the Missouri Attorney General who wanted to "run them out of the state." It worked and, well, here they are.