View Full Version : Dickey's

Brett
11-05-2011, 02:44 AM
Noticed a Dickey's barbeque sign being hung at the old Fazoli's on Air Depot.

kevinpate
11-05-2011, 07:33 AM
I have a friend that likes the Dickey's which opened in Norman.
I went there with him. Once.
Wasn't dirty. Wasn't gross.
It also wasn't Sooner Legends or Van's. Nor was it Ray's.
Actually, it wasn't even Rudy's, another one and done experiment for me.

If there is no place else in town, it'll pass when gas money is tight and you can't go elsewhere. But for me anyway, it didn't take much for Dickey's to be a place relegated to the 'why do people go there' mystery pile.

Pete
11-05-2011, 10:28 AM
It's a big chain out of Texas:

http://www.dickeys.com/default.aspx

bluedogok
11-05-2011, 06:55 PM
I tried Dickey's once (the original location) when I lived in Dallas, that was in 1991 and I never went back. Kind of like my Taco Mayo experience move-in week at OU in 1982.

rcjunkie
11-06-2011, 04:35 AM
For me, Dicky's is like Denny's, I will only eat there if nothing else is open.

BradR
11-15-2011, 09:21 PM
At least you get free ice cream...

RadicalModerate
11-15-2011, 11:58 PM
Not at Mr. Tee's or Mr. Spriggs.
Deys was al'sbout barbyq. Fo' real. Fo sho.

No chains involved.
Simply Excellence in The Art.

Dickey's in MWC? . . .
Total joke. Bad Q.
Sort of like DelCity

rcjunkie
11-16-2011, 05:15 AM
Not at Mr. Tee's or Mr. Spriggs.
Deys was al'sbout barbyq. Fo' real. Fo sho.

No chains involved.
Simply Excellence in The Art.

Dickey's in MWC? . . .
Total joke. Bad Q.
Sort of like DelCity

This my friends is stereotyping at it's worst.

RadicalModerate
11-16-2011, 08:58 AM
Actually, "impressionism" is a more fitting term.
"Stereotyping" can get a LOT worse than that.

rcjunkie
11-16-2011, 09:23 AM
Actually, "impressionism" is a more fitting term.
"Stereotyping" can get a LOT worse than that.

Better yet, I would call it rude, tacky, uncalled for and nearly racist.

RadicalModerate
11-16-2011, 09:47 AM
Oh. I thought you were taking umbrage at my impression of Del City.

BTW: When I mentioned "chains" (above) I was referring to chain restaurants.
Ah'ite?

(Apparently, you never watched The Wire.)

MDot
11-16-2011, 09:57 AM
This is so typical and predictable, an argument that starts over pretty much nothing. I assume it's because RM used the term "deys was al'sbout barbyq. Fo' real. Fo sho." Can someone explain how that's a stereotype/almost racist?

RadicalModerate
11-16-2011, 10:38 AM
Maybe Samuel Clements could.
He also believed in the stereotype that people with more pigment make the best barbecue.
But that fact was edited out of "Huckleberry Finn" on account of political correctness.

MDot
11-16-2011, 01:32 PM
Maybe Samuel Clements could.
He also believed in the stereotype that people with more pigment make the best barbecue.
But that fact was edited out of "Huckleberry Finn" on account of political correctness.

That's not a stereotype, that's a fact. Lol

rcjunkie
11-17-2011, 03:02 AM
This is so typical and predictable, an argument that starts over pretty much nothing. I assume it's because RM used the term "deys was al'sbout barbyq. Fo' real. Fo sho." Can someone explain how that's a stereotype/almost racist?

If you require an explanation on this, it just shows more sad commentary about today's society.

MDot
11-17-2011, 09:32 AM
If you require an explanation on this, it just shows more sad commentary about today's society.

Actually no, I need an explanation because you were so fast to call RM out on something so repetitive and so silly. I know what you're getting at, my questions don't reflect todays society so don't even try playing that card, that's so predictable to try and blame a question on todays society. It's funny how you call stereotyping and ignorance in the same thread, if you ask me, you're the one stereotyping here since you're the only one who was offended by RM's comment and calling todays society ignorant.

MDot
11-17-2011, 10:21 AM
I retract both of my comments I made towards you rc, I don't want to argue over this and I know you don't either so just disregard my posts directed at you.

Brett
08-04-2016, 04:37 AM
I haven't been to MWC in a while but I noticed that Dickey's has closed the location on Air Depot that was opened in 2011.

MagzOK
01-28-2018, 07:25 PM
Sign in the new building built on the old Margarita's Mexican Restaurant parcel on N May and Grand that says DICKEY'S BBQ. It is right next to the new smoothie place there. I guess they are trying again. It's a super small place so maybe it's only going to be carryout. Was kind of shocked to see the sign there after closing up the shops around the metro after just a short time.

whorton
01-28-2018, 08:58 PM
Oh. I thought you were taking umbrage at my impression of Del City.

Del City takes umbrage at Del city. It seems like the town does its best to shoot itself in the foot. . .

I'm still wondering who was responsible for putting a big new police station right in the middle of town, on real estate that could have been used for something else. . .