View Full Version : ESPN is biased and sucks!

jstaylor62
10-03-2011, 09:07 AM
I watched the ESPN College Football wrap up shows in hopes of seeing some of the highlights for the OU vs Ball State game. At least I expected them to show the highlights of Tony Jefferson's three interceptions and Gabe Lynn's big hit on a Ball State running back. But zip, zilch, nada. They showed one Ryan Broyles touchdown and that was it. No mention of Broyles breaking the Big-12 career reception record. I guess since the game was broadcasted PPV and not on the ABC/ESPN familiy, ESPN could care less.

Lord Helmet
10-03-2011, 09:44 AM
It was a ho-hum game between OU and a totally outmatched Ball State. There were better games to report on.

jstaylor62
10-03-2011, 09:51 AM
It was a ho-hum game between OU and a totally outmatched Ball State. There were better games to report on.

Obviously you did not watch the game and see Jefferson's one handed interception. It was better than any other highlight that ESPN was showing of other games.

onthestrip
10-03-2011, 09:51 AM
Ya, OU never gets any pub on espn....
Who had espn crews at preseason practices, who will have gameday at their game for second time all year?

MDot
10-03-2011, 11:22 AM
I agree ESPN is biased but I think it's more towards OU then any other team and they played Ball St, I wouldn't expect there to be much concern for this game, even if some of the players had a great game. Even I didn't care to much to see the highlights and I didn't even watch the game. Besides I seen some highlights on the news anyways.

jstaylor62
10-03-2011, 01:20 PM
I agree ESPN is biased but I think it's more towards OU then any other team and they played Ball St, I wouldn't expect there to be much concern for this game, even if some of the players had a great game. Even I didn't care to much to see the highlights and I didn't even watch the game. Besides I seen some highlights on the news anyways.

But see, you saw highlights on local sports news coverage. Coaches and AP poll voters who were watching ESPN did not get to see anything about how OU performed.

MDot
10-03-2011, 01:25 PM
But see, you saw highlights on local sports news coverage. Coaches and AP poll voters who were watching ESPN did not get to see anything about how OU performed.

You should only expect to see the highlights of a game like this on local news and the highlights were all from the back of the endzone. And I'm not sure I really care about the rankings at this point. They fell to #3 in the AP and stayed #1 in the Coaches. The press and coaches have more ways to watch it than the average person, they don't rely on Sportscenter.

Richard at Remax
10-03-2011, 02:34 PM
it was ball state. who cares. when LSU beat northwestern state a few weeks ago they showed zero highlights on the wrap up show. same when alabama beat north texas. relax, its a good thing when they don't show highlight when you should beat a team like that.

MDot
10-03-2011, 04:35 PM
it was ball state. who cares. when LSU beat northwestern state a few weeks ago they showed zero highlights on the wrap up show. same when alabama beat north texas. relax, its a good thing when they don't show highlight when you should beat a team like that.

I never even realized LSU played Northwestern State. Lol And totally forgot Bama played North Texas.

BB37
10-03-2011, 09:58 PM

ESPiN IS biased -- toward ITSELF and its ratings/advertising. They'll turn against a school/team if they think it will benefit their bottom line, either by a) creating false controversy to drive viewership and/or hits to its website, or b) try to influence the polls to get a team from a bigger market into the BCS; this is what occurred in '08 when OU finished ahead of ut in the B12 after losing to them (remember the banners flying over Stillwater?). And that all happened BEFORE the LHN.

Laramie
10-11-2011, 05:54 PM
I watched the ESPN College Football wrap up shows in hopes of seeing some of the highlights for the OU vs Ball State game. At least I expected them to show the highlights of Tony Jefferson's three interceptions and Gabe Lynn's big hit on a Ball State running back. But zip, zilch, nada. They showed one Ryan Broyles touchdown and that was it. No mention of Broyles breaking the Big-12 career reception record. I guess since the game was broadcasted PPV and not on the ABC/ESPN familiy, ESPN could care less.

Got to realize that ESPN is going to give prompts to the teams which they feel are revelant at the time and serve or expand their audience (base). As Oklahoma continues to bring down the big dogs and the big games--you will see an ESPN 'attitude adjustment.' They will basically say, "we stood by the Sooners all this time!"

Roadhawg
10-11-2011, 06:00 PM
Got to realize that ESPN is going to give prompts to the teams which they feel are revelant at the time and serve or expand their audience (base). As Oklahoma continues to bring down the big dogs and the big games--you will see an ESPN 'attitude adjustment.' They will basically say, "we stood by the Sooners all this time!"

while they advertise for TLN on all their games lol

skyrick
10-11-2011, 07:24 PM

No, they'll say what the broadcasters said during the 2000 National Championship game, "Who would've thought Oklahoma had a game like this in them?"

Just everybody west of the Mississippi.

BDP
10-17-2011, 01:08 PM
ESPiN IS biased -- toward ITSELF and its ratings/advertising.

Yep. The best way to notice this is not how they treat the big brands, but how much they cover and promote junk games simply because they are on their networks somewhere. I have no problem with them putting any game on TV, but it is funny to watch them include totally meaningless games in highlights and promote them as "notable match ups" when they have no bearing on the national stage of competitive sports. But, this is simply the model of every information cable station today. It is about the numbers and nothing else.