View Full Version : Detroit Lions

MDot
10-02-2011, 06:04 PM
I know we're nowhere near Detroit and really nobody in Oklahoma City roots for the Lions but it's hard to not realize they're having a great year so far. After coming back and winning from 17 down at halftime for 2 weeks straight and Calvin Johnson catching 2 touchdown passes in every game so far this season, does anybody think the "roar has been restored" in Detroit and they are for real this year, or is it just a fluke and the Lions and Megatron will wind up having an average season?

dmoor82
10-02-2011, 06:05 PM
yea,when they blew out my Pat's in preseason,I knew they'd have a better year!I'm glad they won today,cuz I HATE the cowboys!

MDot
10-02-2011, 06:11 PM
They're 1 of 2 undefeated teams left in the NFL, the other being the Green Bay Packers, and they're the only team who hasn't lost a game at all this season including preseason. And I know preseason doesn't matter so please nobody say "preseason doesn't count" cause I know, I'm just throwing that out there.

dmoor82
10-02-2011, 06:13 PM
Didnt Detroit when the last 4-5 reg. season games last year also?Buffalo also is on a roll,I still cant belive my Pat's gave up a 21 point lead to them but the Pats will get revenge in Foxboro later this year!

MDot
10-02-2011, 06:19 PM
Yeah, they won the last 4 which means they've won 8 straight spanning 2 seasons. They've also won the past 5 or 6 road games which I believe is a franchise record. And yeah Buffalo is having a really good season as well and was even surprised to see Cincinnati comeback and beat them today, which is their first and only loss this season so far.

kevinpate
10-02-2011, 06:55 PM
I'm not a Detroit fan, but I am even less of a Cowboys fan. So I enjoyed the game today, much like I enjoyed the Pokes and the Hogs recently as they were turned around their games with TAM, the soon to be whipping boy of the SEC.

There's not much in Texas I root for, except the health and success of my kin who are there. Fortunately for me, none of them are playing football.

Martin
10-02-2011, 09:00 PM
my brother who lives in detroit is visiting this week, so needless to say we had a good day. -M

venture
10-02-2011, 10:18 PM
I have a lot of family and friends back up that way. Facebook was very happy with Lions fans today. LOL Now just so the Tigers don't choke and depress them. :-)

Thunder
10-02-2011, 10:28 PM
I call it. Green Bay vs Detroit in the Super Bowl. Green Bay wins!

Venture, guess what's in the sea! ;-)

MDot
10-02-2011, 11:52 PM
I call it. Green Bay vs Detroit in the Super Bowl. Green Bay wins!

Venture, guess what's in the sea! ;-)

That would be a great Super Bowl, but Green Bay and Detroit are in the same Conference and Division. Lol but if Green Bay gets back to the Super Bowl they will win it, but I like Detroit and would like to see them make it this year. :kicking:

Lord Helmet
10-03-2011, 09:43 AM
It was totally great watching Dallas choke again. That Tony Romo is a difference maker!!!

MDot
10-03-2011, 11:17 AM
I'm glad to see I'm not in the minority of Dallas and Tony Romo haters. :-P