View Full Version : "Criminal Minds" in Durant, OK!

KayneMo
09-29-2011, 12:25 AM
My hometown! Too bad it wasn't actually filmed in Durant, lol!

http://www.cbs.com/shows/criminal_minds/video/2146984167/criminal-minds-proof

Thunder
09-29-2011, 12:33 AM
Congratulations! It probably was filmed there.

mcca7596
09-29-2011, 01:05 AM
Way to show Oklahomans living in shacks :-(

Thunder
09-29-2011, 01:05 AM
Way to show Oklahomans living in shacks :-(

Why are you sad? There are plenty of shacks in Oklahoma.

MDot
09-29-2011, 01:08 AM
Shaq's in Oklahoma? When?

jstaylor62
09-29-2011, 08:06 AM
Yeah, I liked how the profilers determined that the "UNSUB" was likely homeless and abducting his victims from public transportation in Durant Oklahoma. Then to back up their story, they show bus stop signs that say Durant, buses that have Durant on the back of them and police cars that say Durant. I thought it was a very pathetic attempt to take a story that was already written and shove it into a location that did not fit at all.

sponge14
09-29-2011, 09:41 AM
So, I joined the forum because I watched the episode being talked about. I live in Durant, and I was excited to think that there might be some features I would recognize.

First, most scenes had nothing to do with Durant. The whole public transportation thing was completely off base, because we have no public transportation or bus system. The one thing that was accurate were the cop cars. They were actually Durant PD cars. They also showed a bus stop outside of the First Presbyterian Church. Well, there is no bus stop there (obviously) and the Curch also doesn't have a sign like that out in front of it. The last thing was that our roads are nowhere near as nice as the ones shown.

I'm not sure if they filmed at all in Durant. Most signs point to no, which makes sense, but the fact that they had our police cars has me confused. I guess they could have done up some cars to look like it, but I'm 99% sure that they even had the PD's badge on them accurately.