View Full Version : ESPN Gameday

ljbab728
09-19-2011, 12:33 AM
In somewhat of a surprise to me, anyway. ESPN will have their Gameday at the West Virginia - LSU game instead of the top ten matchup of Texas A & M and OSU. Another example of the SEC bias with ESPN I guess.

dcsooner
09-19-2011, 05:23 AM
When your conference fields the last 4-5 national champions you get the attention

Just the facts
09-19-2011, 07:05 AM
Yet another reason why OU/OSU should join the SEC. If OSU/Texas A&M was an SEC conference game ESPN would be there.

Jersey Boss
09-19-2011, 11:02 AM
It's abouit ratings, tv sets, and sponsers. The SEC and Big East have them. Big 12-2, not so much.

kevinpate
09-19-2011, 11:49 AM
LSU is ranked 2 or 3, depending on what poll one goes to look up. Pokes and Aggies are both outside the top five teams of any poll, that I saw anyway. SEC or no SEC, the choice doesn't seem that big a surprise to me.

ljbab728
09-19-2011, 09:21 PM
LSU is ranked 2 or 3, depending on what poll one goes to look up. Pokes and Aggies are both outside the top five teams of any poll, that I saw anyway. SEC or no SEC, the choice doesn't seem that big a surprise to me.

With that thinking they would have chosen Alabama - Arkansas then since Arkansas is ranked higher than West Virginia. Duirng the year that OU, Texas, and Tech tied for the championship the Big 12 didn't have much problem attracting Gameday over the SEC. I would think that if things stay on track the odds are good they would be in Stillwater for the last game though.

kswright29
09-19-2011, 09:31 PM
I imagine ESPN's not too pleased with the ags right now and won't be doing them any favors. They are pretty much torpedoing the Longhorn Network and ESPN's $300 million dollar investment with their move to the SEC which in turn is killing the Big 12.

ljbab728
09-19-2011, 09:36 PM
I imagine ESPN's not too pleased with the ags right now and won't be doing them any favors. They are pretty much torpedoing the Longhorn Network and ESPN's $300 million dollar investment with their move to the SEC which in turn is killing the Big 12.

So do you think that means when they move to the SEC they wouldn't go to College Station for a big game? Keep in mind that ESPN is in bed with the SEC also. ESPN hasn't invested $300 million in the LHN. It's just the contract amount. And you can bet there are always clauses to get out of that kind of contract if necessary. From what we keep hearing Texas may find a way to keep the contract and the network in some form if they move to the PAC16.

Thunder
09-19-2011, 10:01 PM
From what we keep hearing Texas may find a way to keep the contract and the network in some form if they move to the PAC16.

Texas should not be following OU and OSU to PAC-MEN 16.

Does anyone see how Texas is relying too much on our universities? It doesn't seem they are capable of being independent. The bottom line, Texas suck.

Snowman
09-19-2011, 10:51 PM
Texas should not be following OU and OSU to PAC-MEN 16.

Does anyone see how Texas is relying too much on our universities? It doesn't seem they are capable of being independent. The bottom line, Texas suck.

At least the good thing if four schools come from the former Big 12 then we will at least have several games easily reachable by fans that drive. One rumor put it as having 4 pods where OU, OSU, Texas and Texas Tech play every year and then rotate half of the other teams in each of the 3 pods per year. Texas has two games they consider their biggest games in football (somewhat in other sports) are OU and A&M, the rivalry with A&M has somewhat waned since their program has been down for several years. Having Texas come should at least keep the Red River Rivalry going unlike how the rivalry with OU/Nebraska died about a decade ago when they were split into the different division, the history of match ups like these draws more attention so more likelihood of poll voters than a normal game of the week.

MDot
09-19-2011, 11:10 PM
Well as mentioned before it is the #2 team in the nation from the SEC playing. While it may not be fair in our eyes, the SEC is where it's at right now and they deserve the majority of the attention compared to the dissolving Big IX. I wish they had the Texas A&M-Oklahoma State game on but sadly they don't. :-(

Richard at Remax
09-21-2011, 09:17 AM
Plus gameday has never been to morgantown, figured it would be a good game to start