View Full Version : Meers

Keith
04-03-2005, 12:14 PM
Saturday evening, 7 other members of my family and I, packed in to a vehicle and drove down the H.E. Bailey Turnpike to a restaurant called Meers. It is located about 15-20 miles north of Lawton.

They have some of the best food, plus, although they were busy, we only had to wait about 15 minutes to get seated. I had the Meers big burger w/bacon, lettuce, and tomato. I also had some fries and a big mug of iced tea. To top it off, my brother-in-law and I shared a big bowl of peach cobbler, covered with vanilla ice cream.

The place has a nice atmosphere, and people come from all over the state to eat there.

The building is not fancy, however, I could tell that it didn't matter to anybody that was there eating.

We left the city around 5:30 PM., and arrived at the restaurant at around 7 PM. We were seated by 7:15, and we were through with our meal, and heading back to the city by 8:20. I pulled into my driveway at 9:45 pm(before the time change). It was a fun trip, and the food was excellent.

Midtowner
04-03-2005, 12:23 PM
The food there is quite good! They use only longhorn beef from their own herd. The herd is only fed with very lean Sudan grass. This results in a 99% lean hamburger meat.

The burgers are huge! So huge that they must be served on a pie plate.

This one has my seal of approval.

Sooner&RiceGrad
04-03-2005, 02:44 PM
Mine too. The scenery out in Medicine Park is great too.

ibda12u
04-26-2005, 02:29 PM
I'm gonna add my 2 cents. Love'd Meers. Burgers were huge and delicous, and you should try their pecan pie ala mode.

Makes me wanna take a road trip just thinking about it.

Luke
04-26-2005, 08:32 PM
The mountains down there are beautiful. If I'm not mistaken, they claim to be Oklahoma's oldest restaurant "since 1901." The burgers were great. And that they're made of longhorn beef gave me extra satisfaction as an OU fan.

metro
05-12-2005, 10:12 AM
My dad loves this restaurant, I cant really remember the food though. I do know they also use buffalo meat and not just longhorn beef.

briac
01-05-2008, 08:32 AM
Try the beer float next time... actually quite good.

NTM
01-05-2008, 12:04 PM
I love Meers! Great burgers and a great place to eat and take out of town visitors. Lot's to do around there - Mountain, Buffalo, Holy City etc. etc.

oumoodman85
01-05-2008, 03:10 PM
This place is fantastic, and the views along the drive out to Meers are great as well. The Wichita Mountains at their finest.

Plus, as stated above the burgers are great. Truly a unique experience!