View Full Version : Tulsa @ Oklahoma - FX?

Dustin
09-02-2011, 10:42 PM
Does anyone have an inkling as to why they are broadcasting this game on a not so well known channel? You think they would have it on either ESPN or ABC.

Its on channel 35, 753HD Cox.

MDot
09-02-2011, 10:49 PM
When I seen it was gonna be on FX earlier today, I thought I had gone cross eyed. I didn't even know they played games on FX, much less the #1 team in the country.

But I have all those channels they'd be on, so no biggy. :)

ljbab728
09-02-2011, 10:54 PM
Does anyone have an inkling as to why they are broadcasting this game on a not so well known channel? You think they would have it on either ESPN or ABC.

ESPN makes the decision about what games they will broadcast or their network stations, not Oklahoma. I'm sure they though it wasn't a matchup attractive enough for them so OU went with another option.

bluedogok
09-03-2011, 02:00 PM
FX is a Fox Network channel so it falls under the Fox Sports contract like an FSN regional game would, except the FX broadcast is a national broadcast and is on most basic cable tiers. It is a pretty well known channel that has some of their own programming like Rescue Me, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Sons of Anarchy. They have shown baseball playoff games and Nascar racing on the channel in the past.

Easy180
09-03-2011, 02:02 PM
Let's just be thankful this one isn't pay per view

MDot
09-03-2011, 02:20 PM
FX is a Fox Network channel so it falls under the Fox Sports contract like an FSN regional game would, except the FX broadcast is a national broadcast and is on most basic cable tiers. It is a pretty well known channel that has some of their own programming like Rescue Me, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Sons of Anarchy. They have shown baseball playoff games and Nascar racing on the channel in the past.

I've known about FX for a very long time but didn't know they were a part of Fox, which now I see the resemblance and feel a little retarded for not recognizing before. Lol now it makes more sense to me for them to be playing on FX.

And yes Easy, hallelujah it's on basic cable and not that darned PPV.

bluedogok
09-03-2011, 03:13 PM
I've known about FX for a very long time but didn't know they were a part of Fox, which now I see the resemblance and feel a little retarded for not recognizing before. Lol now it makes more sense to me for them to be playing on FX.

And yes Easy, hallelujah it's on basic cable and not that darned PPV.
I know a bunch of UT fans who would be happy if the Rice game tonight was on PPV instead of the Longhorn Network since very few people here in Texas have the LHN.

MDot
09-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Well it sucks that LHN caused that and I wish it was on PPV for the sake of UT fans down in Austin and all over Texas, but we all already know Texas will cream Rice, even if it is the only game they win this season.

bluedogok
09-03-2011, 03:38 PM
I just think it's funny that OU-Tulsa will be what is shown on most of the bar/restaurants screens here in Austin opposite a televised UT game. My UT friends that aren't going to the game are none too happy about that situation.

Just the facts
09-03-2011, 08:55 PM
I just think it's funny that OU-Tulsa will be what is shown on most of the bar/restaurants screens here in Austin opposite a televised UT game. My UT friends that aren't going to the game are none too happy about that situation.

Especially since it is a close game (it was 13-6 at half time).

Thunder
09-03-2011, 09:19 PM
I forgot about the game. :-(

It has been a busy day with thousands of people flooding the market for the free hot dogs (should have seen the lines on 23rd and Douglas backing up). So tired running around everywhere, heck even had to be called back to my booth to handle customers and sales, etc. It was at the time when the scores was at OU 16 and TULSA 0 during the extremely easy missed field goal attempt by OU's newbie (?) kicker. Yeah, I realized about the game (tv on the channel in common area) while I was preparing Karen's frame shop booth for tomorrow since she will be out of town.

MDot
09-03-2011, 09:23 PM
Nah, he's no newbie Thunder, he just REALLY sucks.

Thunder
09-03-2011, 09:27 PM
Nah, he's no newbie Thunder, he just REALLY sucks.

I didn't see his # and don't remember the # of our usual kicker, so I wasn't sure other than that kick was extremely embarrassing to the state of Oklahoma. A simple kick... Bob Stoops must've had his blood pressure shot through the stadium midair.

Btw, out of curiosity, did the MBG properly lit the tube in red?

Dustin
09-03-2011, 09:35 PM
1-0

Thunder
09-03-2011, 09:39 PM
1-0

Yes, the outcome of the game was never in doubt. OU will always defeat Tulsa. I can never understand why Tulsa would ever attempt taking on the big boys. LOL

earlywinegareth
09-04-2011, 01:23 AM
Tulsa is a good team and will have a very successful season. OU is very good and played well today. One of the best season openers I've seen OU play in many years. I feel something special with this team...if they stay healthy it could be a very special season.

Lord Helmet
09-04-2011, 10:19 AM
Yes, the outcome of the game was never in doubt. OU will always defeat Tulsa. I can never understand why Tulsa would ever attempt taking on the big boys. LOL

Check your history. Tulsa HAS beaten OU. I was there when it happened. Tulsa beat Notre Dame last season (arguably one of the big boys).

Jersey Boss
09-04-2011, 10:24 AM

FX has higher ratings than ESPN2.