View Full Version : Meadowbrook Acres Demolition/Classen Curve/Triangle

OKCHerbivore
09-01-2011, 05:47 PM
So I live in Meadowbrook Acres and have been witness to quite a bit of razing of homes in the hood. We have quite the mix of working class and slightly well-manicured modest homes, smaller homes on bigger lots, which gives it a weird, almost semi-small town feel (like my grandma's street in Paul's Valley). It's always been a welcome contrast, both architecturally and culturally to the stark and well-heeled Curve (which I am glad to have around-except for Balliet's, who shops there?!).

Just wondering if anyone has any info on the development plans for all this razing, as we already have open lots, pre-Curve, and the last razing of two homes turned into more parking for 501/Balliet's. If that happens to my street I'll be quite less than pleased. Lots near us are being filled with a surprisingly dense 4 modern units, which we are excited to be in our hood. I don't fear for us existentially (we rent, they just put up new street signs, etc.), but I do care about this city and neighborhood being preserved as urban, and not Nichols Hills-Lite nor Classen Curve yuppie chic.

Thanks for info-anyone in the know!

OKCHerbivore
09-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Also, we are not in the damn suburbs out here. thanks I-44.

OKCHerbivore
09-01-2011, 09:55 PM
dangit, just posted a long and heartfelt response to the questions above, which were met by someone on here connecting with our NA leader here, who then came to our house and talked us through a brilliant history and future of our hood...but this shorter response will work. The above questions were answered, and our pride in our hood is only growing. So thankful to be here, for however long we will be, and excited to get more involved. My previous curmudgeonly urbanism in the above post is being replaced with a really excited neighborhood-scale gratefulness. Screw I 44, Meadowbrook Acres is going to be a seriously lovely part of urban OKC-and in unique ways. Excited.