View Full Version : The house used in "Bewitched"

Larry OKC
07-29-2011, 11:58 PM
Given that there was a bit of rivalry between Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie ... (Bewitched star Elizabeth Montgomery (Samantha Stevens) considered Jeannie to be a rip off. I found it interesting that in at least one of the early B&W Jeannie episodes, they used the set of Bewitched as Dr. Bellows home (with some set modifications). For example the staircase was enclosed behind a wall. In another scene (not sure if it was the same episode), the kitchen set of one was used in the other series (not sure if it was Jeannie's kitchen used in Bewitched or the other way around). Believe I also saw the exterior used. Both shows were produced by Screen Gems so I am sure that explains it.

In an episode of Home Improvement, it looks like they used the Bewitched exterior as a house that Tool Time was doing location shooting. Tim accidentally blows up the house.

Larry OKC
07-30-2011, 09:09 PM
I have requested a Title change so feel free to go off topic from Bewitched or I Dream of Jeannie. What other iconic TV/film sets have been reused in other productions?

Recall reading a while back that in the classic Star Trek series episode City on the Edge of Forever (guest star Joan Collins), Capt Kirk and Joan's character are seen walking past exterior sets from the Andy Griffith show (think they said Floyd's Barber Shop store front is visible).