View Full Version : Prohibition Room (closed)

Pages : 1 2 [3]

bandnerd
06-11-2011, 07:00 AM
I suspect that they will park in areas where people parked when it was a theater and drew even larger crowds. That shouldn't be a problem.

People might have to *gasp* walk a little bit. Like a WHOLE BLOCK.

Easy180
06-11-2011, 07:49 AM

Hopefully they will contract with WalMart to lend them the motorized shopping carts at night

bandnerd
06-11-2011, 08:30 AM
Hopefully they will contract with WalMart to lend them the motorized shopping carts at night

I can leisurely stroll faster than those things can possibly go.

kevinpate
06-11-2011, 08:33 AM

walking a whole block to a pub doesn't concern most folks near as much as the three block walk back.
:sofa:

bandnerd
06-11-2011, 05:23 PM
walking a whole block to a pub doesn't concern most folks near as much as the three block walk back.
:sofa:

I can't tell you how many times we walked from our downtown apartment (near the art museum) to Bricktown and back, late at night. I guess I have a skewed idea of what people can do after an evening out ;)

HOT ROD
06-14-2011, 05:39 AM
their not moving to Tower, they are moving to aalley.

It will be a MAJOR boost to Aalley in my opinion and help solidify the district as OKC's upscale dining (and hopefully soon shopping) LOCAL district.

BoulderSooner
06-14-2011, 06:12 AM
their not moving to Tower, they are moving to aalley.

It will be a MAJOR boost to Aalley in my opinion and help solidify the district as OKC's upscale dining (and hopefully soon shopping) LOCAL district.

do you know what building they are moving into?

betts
06-14-2011, 07:50 AM
There is activity on the ground floor of 1101 N. Broadway and I also noticed after looking in the window of a building at NE 6th and Broadway (recently painted white) that there was some brick/peeling plaster wall art that you see in restaurants on occasion. Perhaps one of those two locations is the one.

HOT ROD
06-18-2011, 05:42 AM
hope it is 6th and B/Way as such a destination needs to be closer to the CBD imo.

What about Interurban? I would be very happy with both of these in Aalley.

OKCMallen
06-20-2011, 08:55 AM
I liked the Pro Room on 23rd. The Pro Room is unapologetically adult-oriented...and I get the feeling that the AAlley/9th St area attempts to caters to families, too. I'm not sure it will "mesh" well, but hey, I love the eclectic idea of it!

HOT ROD
06-24-2011, 04:23 AM
are you sure about aalley? I thought it was being more adult or at least sophisticated.

BoulderSooner
06-27-2011, 10:35 AM
are you sure about aalley? I thought it was being more adult or at least sophisticated.

AA is adult area

OKCMallen
06-28-2011, 09:16 AM
AA is adult area

Hideaway Pizza, Sara Sara Cupcakes, Iguana Grill.... I don't think you can call AAlley particularly adult oriented.

BoulderSooner
06-28-2011, 09:42 AM
hideaway isn't open yet .. but they will have a full bar .... as for iguana i am not sure that i have ever noticed any children eating there .. at least not often

ljbab728
06-28-2011, 09:59 PM
Hideaway Pizza, Sara Sara Cupcakes, Iguana Grill.... I don't think you can call AAlley particularly adult oriented.

I'm not aware of any of those business being oriented towards families even if children are present at times. Just because AA isn't filled with strip bars and clubs doesn't mean it's not adult oriented. It's certainly not the first place I would think of for an evening out with children.

OKCMallen
06-29-2011, 08:56 AM
I'm not aware of any of those business being oriented towards families even if children are present at times. Just because AA isn't filled with strip bars and clubs doesn't mean it's not adult oriented. It's certainly not the first place I would think of for an evening out with children.

Maybe it's the Hideaway I go to, but it has kids every single time. And I always see kiddos at the cupcake place.

Anyway, I was just thinking out loud about the Pro Room's location, and was wondering whether the burlesque shows will go well with the bicycle shops and Hideaway Pizza. And frankly, I don't care if it clashes or not: it will be awesome.

betts
06-29-2011, 11:20 AM
I don't think there's anything wrong with eclectic. I think that's what AA will end up being regardless.

BoulderSooner
06-29-2011, 11:23 AM
Maybe it's the Hideaway I go to, but it has kids every single time. And I always see kiddos at the cupcake place.

Anyway, I was just thinking out loud about the Pro Room's location, and was wondering whether the burlesque shows will go well with the bicycle shops and Hideaway Pizza. And frankly, I don't care if it clashes or not: it will be awesome.

Did you know that Iguana had a burlesque show just a couple of months ago?

RSA
07-01-2011, 06:10 PM
The Prohibition Room is still OPEN in the Gold Dome until July 31st, and still host the Burlesque show the first Sunday of every month (which is this Sunday if you havent made your reservation yet). P Room is not moving to the Tower or Automobile Alley. Did look at those places , and the Tower was leased by another restaurant and the buildings on AA would not meet the lastest codes for restaurants without dropping way more money than we can afford as a small family restaurant.
We would love to stay in our current location but we have just been spinning our wheels trying to deal with it's ownership/management.
Thank you to all that have been supporting us.
RSA

bandnerd
07-01-2011, 07:47 PM
Are you still looking for another location, or is that it?

RSA
07-01-2011, 10:17 PM
We would love to stay and not have to move, we have looked at other places but everyrthing is still up in the air.

betts
07-01-2011, 10:36 PM
How about the Plaza District? Maybe there's a place there that would fit. It's an up and coming area definitely.

kevinpate
07-02-2011, 01:35 AM
We would love to stay and not have to move, we have looked at other places but everyrthing is still up in the air.

Perhaps Norman?

Easy180
07-02-2011, 08:40 AM
Southside desperately needs some good bars

OKCMallen
07-05-2011, 03:42 PM

What the heck happened with the owner of the building? Not knowing what the conflict is, I would think the unique Gold Dome and the unique Pro Room are a match made in heaven. I hate that you guys are having trouble finding a new place.

OklahomaNick
07-12-2011, 10:15 AM
This really is a shame..
I wonder what the issues are with the GoldDome management..?
They really are having trouble filling any places for lease in the dome.

shawnw
07-12-2011, 10:43 PM
This really is a shame..
I wonder what the issues are with the GoldDome management..?
They really are having trouble filling any places for lease in the dome.

I thought RSA posted the full explanation of exactly what happened, but when I search for it I can't find it. He must have deleted it.

Rewardsnetwork
07-13-2011, 04:01 AM
RSA...You've got a private message.

P.S. have you checked into the 2 restaurant locations that are empty on the East side of the road on S. Broadway in Edmond or are you trying to stay in the Midtown/NE OKC area? I work with restaurants all over the metro and if I knew a little more about what you're looking for I might be able to keep my eyes pealed while I'm running around all day. I also might be able to give you a lead on a location that tells me that they are planning on closing or moving. For example, I may have a lead on a location in the Bricktown area that was talking about moving a few months ago. I'm sure if I asked around to the folks that I network with, we could probably come up with a few more leads for you too. I think everyone that loves your restaurant wants you guys to make as fast of a transition as possible. I know my lobster hoagie craving will probably flair up the most when you guys are making your transition. I've reheated them before and your bread holds up really well but I don't know how they'll hold up if I have to pack a few in the freezer ;)

OKCMallen
07-14-2011, 07:49 AM
Prohibition Room
Friends and family, and friends we call family... We are sad to say that July 23rd is our last day. We will not reopen our doors in OKC. We will be open regular hours until then and would love to see everyone for a drink.
Tonight- Live trivia 7:30
Friday- Jessica Betz jazz harpist 7
Full Moon Pants-Off Dance-Off 10
Sunday- Theater appreciation Night 9-2am
6 minutes ago · Like ·

OklahomaNick
07-15-2011, 08:14 AM
July 23rd is their last day

I know there is already a thread about the Prohibition room, but on this thread I wanted to focus on the injustice that the Gold Dome building is doing by basically kicking them out. It really is sad when investors or real property managers don't know what they are doing, and boot out tennents. I was very excited to see such a community treasure as the Gold Dome renivated, and now being run into the ground. This really is a shame for good people and local small business owners..

The following are some comments they posted on facebook this morning:

From Facebook

Prohibition Room: She defaulted on our lease and we went to court and got released from the lease. Our gas, water, heat, and air were getting turned off which makes for cranky customers and employees that don't want to come back. Not good for growing a busin...ess. There are some other issues going on with the actual ownership and management of the building. It's a little too late to help us but you can keep up on what's going on with the Gold Dome on OKC citizen coalition.

Prohibition Room: We don't have the money to build out a whole new restaurant and keep up on payments for our equipment, and take take care of our family in the months that that we will have to be down to build out, wait for permits and inspections , etc.

Prohibition Room We had a good run while it lasted and met alot of great and interesting people. We love community, friends and family and local entertainment , and feel lucky that we have been able to use our venue to support and promote some local talent, and be a gathering spot for new relationships and networking.

Prohibition RoomFriends and family, and friends we call family... We are sad to say that July 23rd is our last day. We will not reopen our doors in OKC. We will be open regular hours until then and would love to see everyone for a drink.
Tonight- Live trivia 7:30
Friday- Jessica Betz jazz harpist 7
Full Moon Pants-Off Dance-Off 10
Sunday- Theater appreciation Night 9-2am

Urbanized
07-15-2011, 09:57 AM
Wow. What a bummer.

Pete
07-15-2011, 11:51 AM
Saw a new building permit issued yesterday for the Gold Dome.

Plans to convert lobby / basement space to "assembly hall", whatever that means.

Urbanized
07-16-2011, 11:47 AM
That's weird.

kevinpate
07-16-2011, 12:00 PM
Not so weird really. Seems I heard something about events at times making it difficult if not impossible for customers to reach the Prohibition Room.

fromdust
07-19-2011, 06:32 PM
went to the last jam session last night...talked to the owners and they informed me they are moving to cali and opening a place there.
does anybody know of a place in town that comes even close to serving those kinds of cocktails?

BDK
07-19-2011, 06:36 PM
Not to disparage the Prohibition Room as I love the place, but I do think Ludivine's bar has the best cocktail service I've had in the city so far.

OKCMallen
07-20-2011, 08:02 AM
went to the last jam session last night...talked to the owners and they informed me they are moving to cali and opening a place there.
does anybody know of a place in town that comes even close to serving those kinds of cocktails?

:( This is why we don't have nice things, OKC.

RSA
10-19-2011, 05:35 PM
Not so weird really. Seems I heard something about events at times making it difficult if not impossible for customers to reach the Prohibition Room.

Like this one, to name a few.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p80/Sonicboom99/lobby.jpg

Not only could our guest not get in, we could not get out to our office, food storage or even dumpster.

Thunder
10-19-2011, 06:21 PM
When did Prohibition Room moved in? Last time I drove by, I could have sworn that a bank was in the building. Do anyone remember the discussions on here about a bank saving it from demolition?

shawnw
10-19-2011, 07:15 PM
There hasn't been a bank in that building in a very long time. I think PR moved in about 2008.

bombermwc
10-21-2011, 06:58 AM
Thunder - that's an entire picket line, save the dome campaign, anti-walgreen, and many a years ago. Chase moving out is what started the whole save the dome campaign to keep Walgreens from tearing it down to build their site (which is now located across the street because of the campaign.

It's definitely one of the pains a building like this is always going to have. How do you get space like that to work well with others when it's naturally made NOT to?

DirtLaw
10-21-2011, 08:51 AM
Anyone know how to get in touch with the owners? There is some space downtown that may be a perfect fit for them

shawnw
10-21-2011, 09:13 AM
Pretty sure the user RSA on this board is a former owner. Maybe try to PM?

Midtowner
10-21-2011, 02:33 PM
They moved to California and are reopening there.

Doug Loudenback
10-22-2011, 07:38 AM
They moved to California and are reopening there.
This is probably a stupid question, but, California ... state or street?

PS: I won't be offended if you begin your answer by, "Duh," or "Doug, you ignorant slut!" or some such.

redrunner
10-22-2011, 09:11 AM
State of CA

Pete
10-22-2011, 10:23 AM
Their Facebook page now states a location of Huntington Beach, CA (Orange County).

Easy180
10-23-2011, 06:17 AM
Their Facebook page now states a location of Huntington Beach, CA (Orange County).

I'm sorry but their new location is just not convenient...Hope they know they have lost this guy as a patron

Just the facts
10-23-2011, 07:04 AM
A business moving TO California - that had to of made the newspapers somewhere.