View Full Version : Prohibition Room (closed)

Pages : 1 [2] 3

JohnDenver
01-18-2010, 10:13 PM
Finally made it to this place. The menu is good, it all sounds good. They have a nice selection of whiskey.

The problems keep it from being a place I will frequent.

1) Ordered a beet salad. They were out of beets.
2) Ordered their soup of day (Hobo soup). They were out of it.
3) Ordered the spicy olive dip and crackers.. not spicy at all. Just red flakes on top.
4) The spinach side was disgusting.
5) Ordered the filet, medium. It was really a strip steak cooked well done..
6) Grilled cheese didn't even have melted cheese.
7) The tomato bisque was thick and sour... It tasted just like Picasso's lobster bisque. I wonder if they are using the same base.
8) The cask scotch flight was a waste of money. $14 and four sips of scotch didn't equal one good scotch on the rocks.
9) The bartender was the waiter, and from the quality of the food, likely was helping in the kitchen too.
10) The grilled squash was over peppered and oily.
11) The lemon drop cocktail was very sour.

The brioche was good. The meatloaf was good. The asparagus was good. The chop salad was decent. The sweet potato fries were good. The old fashioned cocktail was good.

If this is a pro-con list, the cons win. I will give them a second shot, but they will really have to step up their game.

Armani
01-22-2010, 12:38 PM
I love the prohibition room.

It's a very nice looking bar perfect for a date or just hanging out with buddies. They have a large selection of liquor especially my favorite, scotch.
The bartender is usually very skilled (I prefer the gentleman that is usually there to the lady, her martini was lacking).

Nothing like coming in late night and getting a grilled cheese and a good drink.

Becka
01-23-2010, 03:20 PM
I wasn't impressed. I got the Lobster club sandwich and it had absolutely no flavor. I liked the little matchstick fries but that is the best thing I can say about the place.

Fastfwd
01-25-2010, 10:47 AM
Nice place. I expected it to be more of a lounge. I didn’t realize until reading here that my COOP Imperial Stouts were over $10 with tax. A buddy picked up the bill and I never saw how much they were. That’s way too high in my opinion and I’ve been around my share of good beer bars.

I hadn’t been keeping up with COOP’s lineup and when I asked the bartender if the stout was their imperial stout because I couldn’t detect the higher alcohol content…. He started in trying to tell me that it was a misconception that stouts had more alcohol, bla, bla, bla….. Basically, he didn’t have a clue what an imperial stout was. You would think that if you’re charging over $10 a pint you might wonder what was up with that. The second pint he poured me was pathetic too…. half head. I started to demand that he fill it up, but just let it go. Had I known I was being charged over $10 a pint I would have in the least demanded a full pint. It was probably the most pathetic pour of a good beer that I have ever accepted. LOL

The bartender was a nice guy. Don’t get me wrong. He just served a really pathetic pour and the $8+ pints were over priced in my opinion.

OKCMallen
01-25-2010, 11:43 AM
Their bartenders are usually top-notch. I'm sure he would have been happy to top it off for you had you asked.

Fastfwd
01-25-2010, 12:32 PM
I imagine he would have, but I shouldn’t have to ask….. it was not a pint worthy of being served. He should have known better than to give me a beer with half head. He just didn’t want to take the time to fill it properly to begin with. It was my perception that craft beer wasn’t really his thing. When you’re serving $10+ pints of beer you really should be damn sure you’re giving the customer a full pint and not putting them in a position of looking like a dick for demanding that it be topped off.

JohnDenver
01-25-2010, 02:52 PM
I imagine he would have, but I shouldn’t have to ask….. it was not a pint worthy of being served. He should have known better than to give me a beer with half head. He just didn’t want to take the time to fill it properly to begin with. It was my perception that craft beer wasn’t really his thing. When you’re serving $10+ pints of beer you really should be damn sure you’re giving the customer a full pint and not putting them in a position of looking like a dick for demanding that it be topped off.

On this note, about quality of bartender. They have plenty of Scotch flights, but I am a bourbon fan and they don't have bourbon flights. So I asked if the bartender could concoct a bourbon flight.. you know... Kentucky, Tennessee, Blended, , etc, etc. They said they wouldn't know where to begin. It struck me odd for a place that is a "Whiskey Bar" and says it right in the title.

Armani
01-25-2010, 03:51 PM
If anyone cares, they have jazz nights hosted by OCU on mon nights. Not sure when the time it starts but I'd think about 8 or 9

BoulderSooner
01-26-2010, 06:25 AM
On this note, about quality of bartender. They have plenty of Scotch flights, but I am a bourbon fan and they don't have bourbon flights. So I asked if the bartender could concoct a bourbon flight.. you know... Kentucky, Tennessee, Blended, , etc, etc. They said they wouldn't know where to begin. It struck me odd for a place that is a "Whiskey Bar" and says it right in the title.

well to be fair being that bourbon from tennessee doesn't exist you may not know where to begin either

OKCMallen
01-26-2010, 09:25 AM
well to be fair being that bourbon from tennessee doesn't exist you may not know where to begin either

That's exactly what I was going to say. You don't know know what bourbon is, so why should he?

And I agree you shouldn't be serve such a crappy pour. But seriously, all you do is ask for a better one instead of complaining to a messageboard.

RSA
01-26-2010, 10:14 AM
Hey all!

Coop Imperial Stout is 9.0% alchohol. When it 1st became available it was quite expensive. COOP set the price on the kegs but the distributors jacked up the cost to the resellers. Since then the price has fallen and we have lowered our price accordingly. It is now 7.25 a pint. We have never charged 10.00 for this beer. I can do nothing about taxes. You will need to contact your local state rep about that. In my opinion, 13.50% is a rediculous amount of tax. And yes, we would be more than happy to top off your beer. Anyway, Fastfwd, I would love to buy you a Stout.

As our name says, Restaurant Lounge & Whisky Bar. Not Whiskey. Whiskey represents most things not Scotch. I will make some bourbon and Irish Whiskey flights since that probably seems logical.

Thank you all for the input.

Fastfwd
01-26-2010, 10:58 AM
I appreciate your offer. I may take you up on that some day. Speaking of full pints – do you serve 16oz pints or are they the 14oz cheater glasses?

Just curious. I know Drunken Fry sells the COOP Imperial Stout for $7, but they are upfront about it being in a 14oz glass serving. It was my impression that you guys were serving full 16oz pints and that was the reasoning for your increased price.

I’m not trying to bust your balls or anything, but I’m a bit upset over finding out about the ‘shaker’ or ‘cheater glass’ thing. It’s not like craft beer isn’t expensive enough to buy when you go out, but to be getting shafted on the amount being served doesn’t go over very well with me.

JohnDenver
01-26-2010, 11:29 AM

Oh you snarky mile high sooner..

Why take a 'flight' if you know it all? That is why you ask the professionals. If I knew all about bourbon, then I would have pieced together my own flight.

JohnDenver
01-26-2010, 11:34 AM
That's exactly what I was going to say. You don't know know what bourbon is, so why should he?.

Give me a break.

I don't know the difference between cumulus, stratus, cirrus, nimbus either.. but I would expect a weatherman to know. I dare to say, I would ask the weatherman a question about them and expect an answer -- not a blank stare.

OKCMallen
01-26-2010, 11:44 AM
Give me a break.

I don't know the difference between cumulus, stratus, cirrus, nimbus either.. but I would expect a weatherman to know. I dare to say, I would ask the weatherman a question about them and expect an answer -- not a blank stare.

You're a self-proclaimed bourbon fan that's criticizing someone else's knowledge when you don't even know what a bourbon is. Just takes away your credibility, that's all.

JohnDenver
01-26-2010, 01:13 PM
You're a self-proclaimed bourbon fan that's criticizing someone else's knowledge when you don't even know what a bourbon is. Just takes away your credibility, that's all.

Word. Credit is taken.. Hurts... I love clouds too.

RSA
01-26-2010, 01:39 PM
I appreciate your offer. I may take you up on that some day. Speaking of full pints – do you serve 16oz pints or are they the 14oz cheater glasses?

Just curious. I know Drunken Fry sells the COOP Imperial Stout for $7, but they are upfront about it being in a 14oz glass serving. It was my impression that you guys were serving full 16oz pints and that was the reasoning for your increased price.

I’m not trying to bust your balls or anything, but I’m a bit upset over finding out about the ‘shaker’ or ‘cheater glass’ thing. It’s not like craft beer isn’t expensive enough to buy when you go out, but to be getting shafted on the amount being served doesn’t go over very well with me.

no we do not use 14oz glasses. they are easy to spot as the bottom is much thicker and quite obvious. Being somewhat of a beer snob myself, I hate that too.

JohnDenver
01-26-2010, 09:46 PM
Well, OKCMallen, your brow beating over a quick typed message regarding (ahem, let me correct it) American Whiskey -- is just plain ritarded (http://www.entertonement.com/clips/xfsgvfgdps--Ritard-The-Hangover). I fully expect the bartender to know more than me when it comes to their TRADE. Same goes for a chef, mechanic, cowboy, whatever.. I am a fan of ribs, I can only imagine a butcher knows more than me. That is why I ask for recommendations on meats and cooking techniques from him. I know more about my trade than the bartender would. If he came up to me and asked for an algorithm for shortest path or a good big O sort algorithm, I would be able to answer expertly. I do this at restaurants ALL the time. At Red Prime a couple weeks ago, I asked the waitress if she would ask the chef if he would make a *hot* rub, not spicy like ancho, but straight up hot. I wanted it... She came back and described what he was going to do, and it was GREAT. At Galileo's my wife used to ask for a veggie sandwich on a roll, instead of a veggie burger. They would always whip something up and pick a price to charge. This is very common.. and any cook/chef/bartender should be able to think on their feet and be professional. I am not selling the bartender anything, so if I fat finger it and say Tennessee Bourbon instead of Tennessee Whiskey, he should roll with it -- not being a straw-man punching internet troll like you. :bright_id You ignore the obvious intent and want to focus on a simple error. Moran (http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/n/U/moran.jpg).

This forum is for precisely what we are doing, talking ABOUT restaurants. You can call it bitching, but they are only reviews, the good and bad. If you want a cheerleader section, starting lobbying for it. You are a VIP poster, so I imagine you have pull to get it done. Or, just could just keep throwing pebbles at newer people and say they bitch too much, until they don't review restaurants.

Come to think of it, your brow beating has made me think of the meal in more depth.

Three more observations, though I have no credibility.

1) The Bruschetta was far from being a real (good) Bruschetta. It was just the run of the mill soggy baguette from Homeland with some toppings. Though the mozzarella was obviously fresh and tasted homemade, not bought from the store across the street.

2) The pacing of the meal was terrible. We ordered two appetizers and our drinks. They brought the drinks and then we ordered our meals (with two soups and two salads) and 10 minutes later the appetizers showed up. Then nearly IMMEDIATELY they brought the two salads and one soup (then they told me they didn't the soup of day that I ordered). Our table was overflowing with food and plates.. they didn't space it. About 10 minutes later the main courses came and the waiter joked about overloading us with plates. Well, yes you did... He offered to hold the main courses in the back until we were ready for them. I guess that is nice, but I don't like microwaved food for the price of the dishes, so we just consolidated plates (appetizers onto the salad plates, for example) and took the main course. For Christ's sake, I spent $150 on the meal, I expect more than what I would get from a teenager serving me at Chili's.

3) It just seemed like the restaurant was on its last leg... The (huge scoop) olive dip came with ~10 crackers that were very good match for the dip. They were gone with each of us having a couple of them, so we asked for more. The waiter said, "just a couple minutes, I have to go to the dry storage and get some more crackers, we have run out." He comes back later in the meal with a hodge podge of mismatched and broken crackers.. like they were poured from the bottom of a couple boxes. It was just odd.

So with some more thought, this place won't get a second chance. Maybe I had too much expectation though.. I looked at the menu online and got my hopes up. Like I said previously, they menu is very good.. it is pretty good at being a modern middle-fancy dishes. Also, it was the 90th anniversary of the passing of Prohibition that day, so I thought it was serendipity that the whiskey bar up the street is named Prohibition Room.

So you are right, my lack of credibility and not their lack of execution is to blame. Also, you are right, our posts in this forum regarding our opinions on restaurants BETTER be made without any errors, or else they will have no credibility. :tiphat:

Put that in your pipe and smoke it. If you don't mind, I need to go drink some Dr. Pepper and eat Taco Bell with my unsophisticated uneducated palate.

Martin
01-27-2010, 06:22 AM
that's enough, people... you're fighting over useless things. get back to topic.

-M

OKCMallen
01-27-2010, 07:44 AM
Sounds good mmm.

RSA
01-27-2010, 08:22 AM
Here is a video so everybody can have a better understanding about bourbon.

Hulu - Three Sheets: Kentucky - Watch the full episode now. (http://www.hulu.com/watch/12597/three-sheets-kentucky#s-p7-so-i0)

All we have tried to do for the past almost 2 years is to provide something different to OKC. We are not the cookie cutter restaurant you will find all over town. It has been our goal since day 1 to provide a large amount of food and drink for a reasonable price. for example, Filet Medallions $18.00. Comes with 2 sides and a salad. Where in this town can you get a filet for $18? Our cocktails are BIG. At least 2oz on every pour. We are not an upscale fancy restaurant and we have no dress code. Show up in your underwear, it makes no difference to us. If you don't like the food or drink, we understand. We did win "Best Restaurant Under the Radar" in 2009. So plenty of people like what we are doing.

Old Saying: you can please some of the people all the time , but you can't please other people at all.

Thanks for giving us a shot. I'm sorry it did not work out.

Eat at a locally own restaurant and stay out of the chains.

JohnDenver
01-27-2010, 09:16 AM
Old Saying: you can please some of the people all the time , but you can't please other people at all.

Eat at a locally own restaurant and stay out of the chains.

Completely agree and that is what we do... We don't step foot in chain restaurants unless we are on a road trip and the tiny town only has a Burger King. It is our mantra.

I gave your restaurant props on certain aspects. I like everything about the place, I think you have a good combination going, except the quality control.. Maybe it was bad night, or the regular cook was off as well as the bartender and waiter.

Either way, I agree with your goals; they are good. I wish you all the success, sincerely.

RSA
01-27-2010, 09:33 AM
Completely agree and that is what we do... We don't step foot in chain restaurants unless we are on a road trip and the tiny town only has a Burger King. It is our mantra.

I gave your restaurant props on certain aspects. I like everything about the place, I think you have a good combination going, except the quality control.. Maybe it was bad night, or the regular cook was off as well as the bartender and waiter.

Either way, I agree with your goals; they are good. I wish you all the success, sincerely.

Thank you very much.

Roadhawg
01-27-2010, 09:54 AM
I'm going to have to try this place :)

alan
01-27-2010, 10:30 AM
Thank you very much.

i appreciate everything you've said here. sometimes we do all we can as small business-people and others still don't walk away satisfied. keep plugging away!

warreng88
02-18-2011, 08:33 AM
Gold Dome seeks end to Prohibition
Journal Record
By Brianna Bailey
Oklahoma City reporter - Contact 405-278-2847
Posted: 02:54 PM Thursday, February 17, 2011

OKLAHOMA CITY – The owner of northwest Oklahoma City’s iconic Gold Dome is trying to evict one of its largest tenants, the Prohibition Room restaurant and bar.

The Jazz Age-themed restaurant serves vintage-style cocktails from a real Prohibition-era bar that was shipped in from Chicago.

The owner of the Gold Dome filed a forcible entry and detainer lawsuit against the owners of the Prohibition Room on Wednesday in Oklahoma County District Court.

The lawsuit claims the Prohibition Room has refused to pay $4,055 in rent it owes the Gold Dome, as well as late fees and interest on the unpaid rent. The lawsuit also states the Gold Dome plans to terminate the restaurant’s lease on its 2,900-square-foot space on the first floor of the building.

The Gold Dome also claims the Prohibition Room owners violated the terms of their lease by failing to notify their landlord that one of the restaurant’s guarantors, Joe Rosati, filed for bankruptcy in November, according to court records.

Prohibition Room owners Richard Sauve, Donn Cross and Rosati opened the restaurant in 2008.

The restaurant is current on its rent, but has had an ongoing conflict with the building’s owner, local optometrist Irene Lam, Cross said.

“She has been trying to get us out of here since the day we opened our doors, but we’ve been paying our rent,” Cross said.

Lam declined to elaborate on the conflict between Lam and the Prohibition Room owners.

Cross said she was surprised to learn that Lam was seeking to evict the restaurant, because the Gold Dome has struggled to attract and keep tenants.

“The place isn’t even halfway full,” Cross said. “We’ve been here for three years and we’re the biggest draw here.”

Attorney Steve Sherman, who is representing the Gold Dome in its lawsuit against the Prohibition Room owners, declined to comment on the matter.

Lam did not respond to phone messages left at her office on Thursday.

The Prohibition Room ownership has squabbled in the past with its landlord over the use of the Gold Dome. In 2009, the restaurant asked a judge in Oklahoma County for a temporary restraining order to halt plans the geodesic dome had for a hip-hop concert in the lobby of the building, according to court records.

“The vulgarity of the music from the event will make it impossible to attract and service patrons and will basically shut the restaurant down,” the Prohibition Room owners claimed in the lawsuit.

The Prohibition Room sought the restraining order after a similar cultural event in the lobby of the building ruined business one Saturday night by blocking access to the restaurant and making it impossible for patrons to use the bathroom, the restaurant’s owners claimed in court documents.

The restaurant never pursued the restraining order after filing its initial petition with the court and the case was later dismissed, according to court records.

The landmark Gold Dome building at 1112 NW 23rd St. was built in 1958 and originally housed the Citizens State Bank. The building was home to several assorted bank branches over the years. A group called Citizens for the Golden Dome narrowly saved the building from being bulldozed in 2001 to make way for a chain drugstore. Lam bought the dome in 2003 for $1.1 million and the building underwent extensive renovations before reopening in 2005.

The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2003.

The Gold Dome launched a new marketing campaign called “Making it Happen at the Dome” in January, with plans to host a series of monthly networking events, as well as catered business meetings.

BoulderSooner
02-18-2011, 11:46 AM
Maybe they will find a home in downtown or in Midtown. I have enjoyed going there many times.

me too .. i hope that they will relocate

Steve
02-18-2011, 01:25 PM
They would be a perfect fit for Film Row

kickingangel2002
03-02-2011, 12:59 PM
The Prohibition Room is NOT closing!!!!!

metro
03-02-2011, 09:41 PM
Ok but is it moving?

Steve
03-02-2011, 09:56 PM
That's the question for sure.

OKCMallen
03-03-2011, 09:46 AM
Midtown would be cool...you know, I'm sure the rent is outta sight since it's been vacant so long, but is that building on the E edge of Bricktown on Sheridan where the Green Door used to be still vacant? The Pro Room always has lots of music and events going on, so a stage might be cool. I'm sure it would cost and arm and a leg to get it to food service standards, but that would be great in my little dream world for the Pro Room with its loyal clientele to lock down that E edge of Bricktown.

Otherwise, just move up Western a little bit to the area around Nova or maybe a spots in the Classen Crawl area amongst Ednas, Drunken Fry, HiLo and Speakeasy.

metro
03-03-2011, 10:21 AM
I still like the idea of film row

okclee
03-03-2011, 10:55 AM
I would like to see them staying in Uptown 23 area, maybe just moving to the east a bit.

Lots of empty space toward the Tower Theater.

OKCMallen
03-04-2011, 07:42 AM
I still like the idea of film row

NO one would drive to film row. Like, NO one. Film Row isn't even on the radar of most people of the age that would go. Film Row is an awful idea.

Saw this on Twitter:

CamiStinson Cami Stinson
by ProomOKC
Glad to hear the Prohibition Room wasn't, and isn't going anywhere! Ugly rumors. @ProomOKC #localmusic
2 Mar Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

metro
03-04-2011, 11:33 AM
Disagree

workman45
03-05-2011, 05:41 PM
Just talked to the bartender at Prohibition room and he said they had an agreement on something in the local area, but he couldn't say where.

okclee
03-06-2011, 02:23 PM
I hope by local area he means uptown 23rd street. As much as I like Midtown and Auto Alley, uptown really needs Prohibition Room.

workman45
03-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Yes, he said very close.

MSully
03-07-2011, 07:16 PM
I agree, but I also don't think anyone is trying to match Central Grocery.

Haven't been to the Prohibition room yet, but did hit Central Grocery last year... OMG...

Urban Pioneer
03-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Can only say that their intention is to remain nearby. Exciting location planned though!

OKCMallen
03-08-2011, 08:01 AM
I hate that they wojn';t maintain their position in th Gold Dome. This is why we can't have nice things, OKC. :(

soonerguru
03-08-2011, 11:02 PM
They intended to go in by Tower in the first place, but the geriatric pace of that development forced them elsewhere. WTF is happening with that anyway? The sign lighting was nice but geez.

Midtowner
03-09-2011, 06:24 AM
I hate that they wojn';t maintain their position in th Gold Dome. This is why we can't have nice things, OKC. :(

If by "nice," you mean smelling like sewage from time to time, I guess. If they move, I'll consider it a win.

The Tower would be an odd place. I know there's parking in the back, but it also looks like they're going to put a parking lot on the south side of 23rd. Having a bar where you have to cross a busy street to get to your car sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

okclee
03-09-2011, 07:59 AM

I think moving out of the Gold Dome will be a positive step for the Prohibition Room. I have never thought of the Dome as a good location for the Prohibition Room. The Gold Dome, although restored still needs many improvements to be a good location for a quality restaurant.

Again I really hope they stay somewhere along 23rd in Uptown.

OKCMallen
03-09-2011, 08:03 AM
If by "nice," you mean smelling like sewage from time to time, I guess. If they move, I'll consider it a win.

The Tower would be an odd place. I know there's parking in the back, but it also looks like they're going to put a parking lot on the south side of 23rd. Having a bar where you have to cross a busy street to get to your car sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

I didn't mean "nice" like high quality. I meant "nice" like totally unique and interesting to OKC where someone NOT from here might like going into a dumb-looking historic gold dome building and find a great restaurant with good food, better drinks, and great local culture.

Talking about the big picture, here. Back out for a little perspective.

duct tape
03-14-2011, 03:27 PM
Are they still open? Online hours listed as 11am to 2am but I stopped by for lunch and it was closed. :(

okclee
03-14-2011, 04:09 PM
I didn't think they were open for lunch anymore. I thought they stopped serving lunch nearly a year ago.

okclee
03-30-2011, 01:05 PM
Can only say that their intention is to remain nearby. Exciting location planned though!

Can you share any more details?

Are they or are they not moving?

okclee
03-30-2011, 01:06 PM
nm

workman45
04-24-2011, 06:49 PM
I didn't think they were open for lunch anymore. I thought they stopped serving lunch nearly a year ago.

They are closed for lunch except on Tuesdays, when they have a networking group meeing there.

workman45
04-24-2011, 06:52 PM
Can you share any more details?

Are they or are they not moving?

Just found out they are moving. They will close on June 30th and reopen 2 months later in the Tower theatre building.

betts
04-24-2011, 09:53 PM
Much better location for them, I think. Or perhaps it's just that it's a much better location for me. It was always hard to remember it was there, because there was no significant visible evidence of its existence.

Pete
04-25-2011, 08:05 AM
They will close on June 30th and reopen 2 months later in the Tower theatre building.

Hope the Gold Dome can fill the vacancy quickly, otherwise fantastic news! That area is really coming to life now.

OKCMallen
04-25-2011, 11:21 AM
Just found out they are moving. They will close on June 30th and reopen 2 months later in the Tower theatre building.

Oh that is awesome. Sauve has some TASTE in his building selection. Always interesting and hipster quirky, just like the Pro Room and its regulars.

blangtang
06-07-2011, 11:11 PM
Heard they were moving to the 10th and Broadway area

BoulderSooner
06-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Heard they were moving to the 10th and Broadway area

that would be wonderful for Auto alley and great for okc

Rewardsnetwork
06-10-2011, 12:15 AM
I knew that they were moving a long time ago but I keep things zipped. That's how I roll. I had their lobster club and asparagus at 12:30 tonight and it was amazing. Name one other place that you can get this much lobster at this hour? I've spent some time in some amazing cities around the country and this place feels like only something I'd find in Chicago or NY. I don't care where this place moves, they "get it". Nick is made my experience what it is and I cannot wait to feature this place to our frequent diners. Consider me a massive fan!

shawnw
06-10-2011, 02:28 AM
So... the current location has tons of parking, which is handy for when they have large events... where does everybody park when it moves to the Tower?

ljbab728
06-10-2011, 09:59 PM
So... the current location has tons of parking, which is handy for when they have large events... where does everybody park when it moves to the Tower?

I suspect that they will park in areas where people parked when it was a theater and drew even larger crowds. That shouldn't be a problem.