View Full Version : Jazz in June

jstaylor62
06-21-2011, 09:30 AM
Is Jazz in June still cooler friendly?

Jersey Boss
06-21-2011, 10:58 AM
Is Jazz in June still cooler friendly?

I have not heard anything to the contrary, and I live in Norman. Looking forward to the Blues on Thursday while sipping a Summer Ale.

jstaylor62
06-21-2011, 11:15 AM
I have not heard anything to the contrary, and I live in Norman. Looking forward to the Blues on Thursday while sipping a Summer Ale.

Cooler unfriendly is why I dont go to the Bricktown Blues Festival...

Jersey Boss
06-21-2011, 01:04 PM
Cooler unfriendly is why I dont go to the Bricktown Blues Festival...

No admission charge either. It's about the music and providing the crowd with a good time, not about being held hostage by "authorized vendors". Yet still providing the crowd with a vendor if they so choose. Freedom.

kevinpate
06-21-2011, 02:15 PM
There are vendors, but I canna find anything to suggest coolers are unwelcome.

Jersey Boss
06-21-2011, 04:32 PM
Remember back in the day when you could take a cooler to the Zoo concerts?

rcjunkie
06-21-2011, 06:06 PM
There are vendors, but I canna find anything to suggest coolers are unwelcome.

Coolers are welcome, I always take more beverage than I need and share with people around me, excellant way to enjoy great music and meet new people.

If you can make to Andrews Park on Saturday evening, I think you'll be impressed with the Norman High Jazz Ensemble, very talented group of teenagers, especially the drummer and lead singer, she's someone that has the talent to make it big in the music field.

kevinpate
06-21-2011, 06:20 PM
... impressed with the Norman High Jazz Ensemble, very talented group of teenagers, ...

I've had three kiddos go through North. Their music programs, at all levels, are very excellent.

rcjunkie
06-21-2011, 08:07 PM
I've had three kiddos go through North. Their music programs, at all levels, are very excellent.

My sons just completed his junior year at North.
Your correct, both Norman High Schools have excellent music programs, were your kids in choir with Mr. G. If so, I may have driven them to some of their concerts, I drive a motor coach for NPS, this year alone I took the choir to Dallas twice, Tulsa 3--4 times and St. Louis for competition.

kevinpate
06-21-2011, 10:57 PM
My sons just completed his junior year at North.
Your correct, both Norman High Schools have excellent music programs, were your kids in choir with Mr. G. If so, I may have driven them to some of their concerts, I drive a motor coach for NPS, this year alone I took the choir to Dallas twice, Tulsa 3--4 times and St. Louis for competition.

My eldest, my daughter, did her four years with Mr. G, ending in 2004. An interesting chap to be certain. I tagged along on their trip to Nawlins in 01 but the rest of the time I was but a proud poppa in the audience.

My youngest was in orchestra from 5th forward and enjoyed the summer program at Quartz one year. However, both he and his brother confined their singing to church and shower.