View Full Version : Lex and Terry are back in OKC

theparkman81
06-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Starting Monday, Lex and Terry will be back on in OKC on the Brew, really why are these bozos back on the air in OKC, well I have a prediction, The brew will be gone in a year, and they will finally put a KTOK simulcast on 94.7.

oneforone
06-06-2011, 10:48 AM
I don't think clear channel knows what to do with the 94.7 frequency. I have stopped listening to local radio completely. I am down to watching local tv for just a few minutes as ambient noise when I get ready for work. I have been listening to Pandora and Iheartradio on my iphone. I hook it up to the aftermarket IPOD adapter in my truck. The adapter makes the radio think it is pulling audio from a CD Changer. I now listen to commerical free channels, 97.1 The Eagle and 102.1 The Edge. I listen to Walton and Johnson on 97.3 The Arrow out of Houston in the mornings. I told my wife the other day that Mr. Pibb is the only reason I have now to go to Texas. I found out from a CocaCola driver the other day that Pibb is coming to OKC. Coca Cola will no longer carry Dr. Pepper when Dr. Pepper opens their own plant off of Reno and Quapaw here in the next few months. So after that I won't need to go to Texas anymore.

Barry Luxton
06-06-2011, 08:44 PM
I don't think clear channel knows what to do with the 94.7 frequency. I have stopped listening to local radio completely. I am down to watching local tv for just a few minutes as ambient noise when I get ready for work. I have been listening to Pandora and Iheartradio on my iphone. I hook it up to the aftermarket IPOD adapter in my truck. The adapter makes the radio think it is pulling audio from a CD Changer. I now listen to commerical free channels, 97.1 The Eagle and 102.1 The Edge. I listen to Walton and Johnson on 97.3 The Arrow out of Houston in the mornings. I told my wife the other day that Mr. Pibb is the only reason I have now to go to Texas. I found out from a CocaCola driver the other day that Pibb is coming to OKC. Coca Cola will no longer carry Dr. Pepper when Dr. Pepper opens their own plant off of Reno and Quapaw here in the next few months. So after that I won't need to go to Texas anymore.

Cool story, bro.

Soonerman
06-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Jack FM would do well on that frequency.

RadioOKC
06-08-2011, 09:55 PM

Check out Tunein for an app. A million times better than iheartradio.

Chris
www.radiookc.com

oneforone
06-09-2011, 10:13 AM
Thanks, I will give it a try. I

Brandon Rush
06-14-2011, 10:10 AM
Starting Monday, Lex and Terry will be back on in OKC on the Brew, really why are these bozos back on the air in OKC, well I have a prediction, The brew will be gone in a year, and they will finally put a KTOK simulcast on 94.7.

L&T are very popular nationwide, and they had a good following in OKC. As far as local morning shows go, there arent many that stand out, and the syndicated stuff is leaps and bounds better than the local product.

as for 94.7, clear channel as with all the other station clusters have to walk a fine line between doing whats popular and what makes money, one of the many downsides of corporate radio. There are OBVIOUS stations that need a competitor, and other formats that could be financially stable... this though seems like a last ditch effort to drive listeners back to 94.7

Caboose
06-16-2011, 07:39 PM
Where did radio stations get the idea that people don't want to hear music because it is the morning? Morning radio shows are terrible. All of them.

kellyc
06-16-2011, 08:47 PM
Where did radio stations get the idea that people don't want to hear music because it is the morning? Morning radio shows are terrible. All of them.

EXACTLY!

I was so happy that I had discovered 94.7 The Brew. They played 80s music that I liked and it wasn't talk talk talk talk talk like so many other stations. But I was incredibly disappointed this week to find that my beloved 94.7 The Brew decided they needed to be like everyone else. I'm disgusted. I hate that they changed their morning lineup and put Lex and Terry on the radio. I guess this is what Oklahoma City radio listeners must like though. Oklahoma City morning radio listeners must hate music. They must absolutely love stupid meatheads going on and on about nothing. I HATE THIS ABOUT YOU OKLAHOMA CITY MORNING RADIO LISTENERS!!! WHY DO YOU DEMAND THIS INANE TALK INSTEAD OF THE GREAT MUSIC OF THE 80s? Oklahoma City morning radio listeners really suck for the most part and thus we get sucky radio programming. If we didn't reward this crap it wouldn't be on.

I wish The Brew would get rid of Lex and Terry and change back to what they were doing. I guess what they were doing wasn't generating enough revenue because Oklahoma City morning radio listeners want to hear stupid crap.

skyrick
06-16-2011, 08:52 PM
EXACTLY!

I was so happy that I had discovered 94.7 The Brew. They played 80s music that I liked and it wasn't talk talk talk talk talk like so many other stations. But I was incredibly disappointed this week to find that my beloved 94.7 The Brew decided they needed to be like everyone else. I'm disgusted. I hate that they changed their morning lineup and put Lex and Terry on the radio. I guess this is what Oklahoma City radio listeners must like though. Oklahoma City morning radio listeners must hate music. They must absolutely love stupid meatheads going on and on about nothing. I HATE THIS ABOUT YOU OKLAHOMA CITY MORNING RADIO LISTENERS!!! WHY DO YOU DEMAND THIS INANE TALK INSTEAD OF THE GREAT MUSIC OF THE 80s? Oklahoma City morning radio listeners really suck for the most part and thus we get sucky radio programming. If we didn't reward this crap it wouldn't be on.

I wish The Brew would get rid of Lex and Terry and change back to what they were doing. I guess what they were doing wasn't generating enough revenue because Oklahoma City morning radio listeners want to hear stupid crap.

http://kxt.org/playlists/ Here's an example of what I get to listen to every day, commercial free FM for grownups.

BTW, IMO, with a few exceptions, '80s music wasn't that great.