View Full Version : New retail center in fritts farm

Jesseda
06-02-2011, 10:44 AM
here is the link.. http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/photo.php?fbid=501688153654&set=a.501687753654.270728.366539148654&type=1&theater

mcca7596
06-02-2011, 11:02 AM
looks good.

SkyWestOKC
06-02-2011, 11:04 AM
This place is exploding.......

Huge retail strip mall across the street, tons of fast food, target, home depot, walmart, a new retail strip mall.......it's already congested and this won't help that issue.

bille
06-02-2011, 11:13 AM
I've contacted OnCue in the past telling them they need to get on the ball and get us a good, quality gas station to break up the mess of food stops (and give me another/better option). They told me real estate around the area is $$ (of course) but they are still looking in the Moore area.

As far as the congested part, I'm SO glad we moved to the east side of I35 when we did. I can't believe how that area exploded in the 7 years we lived at 19th & Santa Fe. The service roads won't be much better though, with most of the land on both sides of I35 from 19th to Idian Hills already bought up by developers it's only a matter of time. Knowing this, an on/off ramp (or at least a crossover) at 34th is paramount, otherwise I see more trips to Norman just to avoid traffic...

Jesseda
06-02-2011, 11:56 AM
we really really need the 34th street crossover an soon, why cant the city see this

bille
06-03-2011, 12:05 PM
It's not up to the city (they know and want it), it's federal funding. It's no news that OK has been getting the short end of the stick when it comes to federal dollars for bridges/highways...that or we have a rediculous amount of mishandling of monies in that area. I'm not factoring out either scenario I'm just leaning more towards the first issue. However, if you want to get frustrated really quick, attempt to contract the DOT and inquire about a certain road, bridge, etc. (I found this out the hard way).

That being said, the 34th st bridge was on the table the same time the Rock Creek Rd bridge was and as we are all aware, they won out. Surely several things factored into them getting their bridge and us not getting ours, mainly the Rock Creek bridge will dump traffic right onto 24th where the new stretch of commercial property is expanding quickly. I'm sure that qucker/more convenient access to a certain local college championship football coach's house helped in that decision too. Either way, comparing the two areas Norman does have more need for it <now> but Moore will need something at 34th very soon if expansion keeps on the way it looks to. The worse part is the Rock Creek bridge is being supplied with stimulus money and it only allowed for one bridge in the area. From what I hear IF it ever happens, it will most certainly just be a crossover, not an entry/exit.

soonerkev
06-03-2011, 12:14 PM
we really really need the 34th street crossover an soon, why cant the city see this

Jess the city sees this! Its the state who doesnt see this. The City requested a Tiger Grant to help pay for an over pass a few years ago and got rejected. The city cant exactly just foot the bill alone for a 5-7 million dollar overpass.

rcjunkie
06-03-2011, 12:20 PM
It's not up to the city (they know and want it), it's federal funding. It's no news that OK has been getting the short end of the stick when it comes to federal dollars for bridges/highways...that or we have a rediculous amount of mishandling of monies in that area. I'm not factoring out either scenario I'm just leaning more towards the first issue. However, if you want to get frustrated really quick, attempt to contract the DOT and inquire about a certain road, bridge, etc. (I found this out the hard way).

That being said, the 34th st bridge was on the table the same time the Rock Creek Rd bridge was and as we are all aware, they won out. Surely several things factored into them getting their bridge and us not getting ours, mainly the Rock Creek bridge will dump traffic right onto 24th where the new stretch of commercial property is expanding quickly. I'm sure that qucker/more convenient access to a certain local college championship football coach's house helped in that decision too. Either way, comparing the two areas Norman does have more need for it <now> but Moore will need something at 34th very soon if expansion keeps on the way it looks to. The worse part is the Rock Creek bridge is being supplied with stimulus money and it only allowed for one bridge in the area. From what I hear IF it ever happens, it will most certainly just be a crossover, not an entry/exit.

Coach Stoop's new house on 36th Ave. NW had no bearing in this matter at all, and for you to insinuate it did is nothing but ridiculas. The City of Norman, with the help of an ingreement with Mr. Hammond, paid for this overpass.