View Full Version : Would you like fries with that?

kawititnow
06-01-2011, 06:59 AM
I was looking down 19th street and for some reason started counting all of the fast food places where burger and fries are sold on 19th St from Santa Fe to just East of I-35.

I counted 10

1. Jack In The Box
2. Carl's Jr.
3. Five Guys
4. Sonic Drive-In
5. McDonald's (Inside Wal-Mart)
6. McDonald's
7. Whataburger
8. Burger King
9. Braum's
10. Freddy's Frozen Custard

If you throw in "sit-down" places you can add

11. Chili's
12. Applebee's
13. Earl's BBQ
14. Louie's

It just really blew me away how many "burger and fries" places we have in such a small area. Granted you could take a few places off the list since their specialty isn't really burger and fries, but still pretty mind-blowing...

bille
06-01-2011, 08:15 AM
I’m not really surprised at that, no. How quick that area transformed from having nothing but Walmart, Burger King, two lanes all the way to Santa Fe and then nothing at the corner of 19th and Santa Fe but an old Circle K (where Walgreens is now) and The Greens to what it is now in just 10 years, that surprises me.

A lot of the traffic/businesses that use to keep 12th St busy have moved south to populate a previously uninhabited area. Moore expanded the intersections/streets…even the bridge (anybody else remember 19th St being a two lane bridge?) in anticipation but even they didn’t realize how big the area would grow and at the rate at which it would happen. The craziness of it all is there is still a lot more to come and the economy is the only speed bump currently. I can’t say how many more eating places the area can sustain but I suppose whenever we quit eating there, they will quit building them...

Easy180
06-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Hey now there is a Subway thrown in there

Even the Schlotzkys going in will have Cinnabon inside

rcjunkie
06-01-2011, 08:52 PM
Looks like the prime location for Weight Watchers, Jenni Craig or a Heart Doctor.

kbsooner
06-01-2011, 09:15 PM
http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=19393

careful where you tread...

kawititnow
06-02-2011, 05:33 AM
Hey now there is a Subway thrown in there

Even the Schlotzkys going in will have Cinnabon inside

I was only counting "burger and fries" fast food places.
If you want to count fast food places in general you can add the Subway, Chick-Fil-A, Taco Bell, Chicken Express, and so on...

I'm not knocking any of these establishments. In fact I enjoy them all, just an observation.

Easy180
06-02-2011, 07:57 PM
I was only counting "burger and fries" fast food places.
If you want to count fast food places in general you can add the Subway, Chick-Fil-A, Taco Bell, Chicken Express, and so on...

I'm not knocking any of these establishments. In fact I enjoy them all, just an observation.

I hear ya...It is a bit much

Definitely need more full blown restaurants not named Applebee's
I

Bimmerdude
06-03-2011, 07:18 AM
Before you know it, Moore will be the biggun or large Marge capitol of Oklahoma. I sure hope they will add wide sidewalks to that area....

lasomeday
06-03-2011, 08:01 AM
Sidewalks? In Moore? They just need more lanes! People in Moore don't walk!

earlywinegareth
06-03-2011, 08:41 AM
It's a sad commentary that fast food is still so high in demand and profitable.

However, for my household the only places we eat when we shop over there is Furr's or one of the Mexican restaurants. You are what you eat.

rcjunkie
06-03-2011, 12:27 PM

However, for my household the only places we eat when we shop over there is Furr's or one of the Mexican restaurants. You are what you eat.

True, but all you can eat buffet's and fat saturated mexican food isn't any better for you than a greasy burger.

Easy180
06-04-2011, 12:07 PM

Fast food will always be popular cause it is cheap and fast...With both parents working 40+ hours it is awfully tempting to just drive on thru