View Full Version : Memorial Plaza @ May and Memorial

Dustin
05-26-2011, 02:49 AM
Looks like new retail is going in where that Steak and Ale used to be on May and Memorial.

http://www.loopnet.com/xnet/mainsite/HttpHandlers/attachment/ServeAttachment.ashx?FileGuid=590DECF7-87A7-4DDF-AEB1-0D270E8EFA87&Extension=jpg&Width=631&Height=421&PadImage=true&DisableVisualWatermark=

http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/16494927/SW-Corner-of-N-May-Avenue-and-W-Memorial-Road-Oklahoma-City-OK/

Patrick
05-28-2011, 05:58 PM
Yawn.....another strip mall on Memorial.

Larry OKC
05-28-2011, 10:55 PM
If built as pictured, more attractive than the concrete slab where Steak and Ale used to be (sign is still there)

MikeOKC
05-28-2011, 10:57 PM
That actually looks like it could be in Country Club Plaza in Kansas City. That's not a bad looking strip center, imo. I'm not sure what people would rather see at this rather prime corner. It makes sense to have retail. What did you have in mind, Patrick?

MikeOKC
05-29-2011, 06:04 PM
Just thought I would bump this post. It got buried in a hurry. Pretty interesting.

Richard at Remax
05-29-2011, 11:22 PM
Not calling anyone out personally but people on this site get such a hard on for retail and when it comes to them it isn't good enough. I just got back from Dallas this weekend and there are nice developments like this everywhere with good solid tenants filling them. Memorial is a hot spot right now, why wouldn't this type of project be encouraged?

Brett
05-30-2011, 04:58 AM
Doesn't that joker named Mazaheri own that property? He was the one who built that horrible sign right in front of the Red Barn in Arcadia.

Spartan
05-30-2011, 05:20 AM
That actually looks like it could be in Country Club Plaza in Kansas City. That's not a bad looking strip center, imo. I'm not sure what people would rather see at this rather prime corner. It makes sense to have retail. What did you have in mind, Patrick?

Maybe something other than a strip mall is what Patrick was hoping for. Mike, you know uber-well that retail does come in other forms (just not in Oklahoma).

poe
05-30-2011, 08:24 PM
Looks similar to our Shops at Soncy here in Amarillo. In our center, we have World Market, Jos A. Bank, Guitar Center, Pei Wei, Coldwater Creek, and the like. It's usually pretty busy...for Amarillo.

mcca7596
05-30-2011, 09:28 PM
...In our center, we have World Market...

That's the one thing Amarillo has that I wish we did. I would like to think they'll come here within the next few years.

circuitboard
06-01-2011, 04:12 PM
I hope they build it, and it would be nice to see the empty lot in front of the bland apartments to be occupied, its a nice angled lot on the corner.

Patrick
06-04-2011, 12:24 AM
I just can't get too excited about another strip center. Nothing unique about it. And, you can't even begin to compare this to Country Club Plaza. That's comparing a strip center to a 14 square block outdoor 80+ year old 120 store lifestyle center. No comparison. I could see getting excited over something like the Tuscana development. But this? A small strip center? Really? You guys must be hard up for entertainment. I mean, it's really hard for me to get overly excited about a small 28,000 square foot strip center. It's not going to be unlike any of the other centers on the west side of May north of Memorial. Same ole, same ole.

And Mazaheri is a complete joke.

MikeOKC
06-04-2011, 12:52 AM
I just can't get too excited about another strip center. Nothing unique about it. And, you can't even begin to compare this to Country Club Plaza. That's comparing a strip center to a 14 square block outdoor 80+ year old 120 store lifestyle center. No comparison. I could see getting excited over something like the Tuscana development. But this? A small strip center? Really? You guys must be hard up for entertainment. I mean, it's really hard for me to get overly excited about a small 28,000 square foot strip center. It's not going to be unlike any of the other centers on the west side of May north of Memorial. Same ole, same ole.

I wasn't comparing the development to Country Club Plaza - just the "look"..."style"...whatever.

MikeOKC
06-04-2011, 12:52 AM

I wasn't comparing the development to Country Club Plaza - just the "look"..."style"...whatever you call it.

Patrick
06-04-2011, 01:17 AM
I wasn't comparing the development to Country Club Plaza - just the "look"..."style"...whatever you call it.

Gotcha!

Dustin
06-06-2011, 08:41 PM
You know what would be perfect right across the street in that huge empty acreage? AN ONCUE!!! That would be awesome!

mrktguy29
06-06-2011, 10:29 PM
You know what would be perfect right across the street in that huge empty acreage? AN ONCUE!!! That would be awesome!

That would be one big ONCUE but I have to agree. I live in the area and would love one... Or maybe one on the corner of 138th and Penn across from Target and the new Chick-fil-a. This lot is in some need of TLC and something new to cover the apartments behind.

Dustin
06-07-2011, 09:10 PM
I live in that area as well and an oncue would make life just a little better!

mrktguy29
07-17-2011, 02:51 AM
Drove by today and noticed a truck/trailer and water truck on the lots. Construction may be about to start.

edmondweather
07-22-2011, 10:35 AM
i live out here it has taken to long to develop memorial should be a lot more out here since edmond people do not cross the turnpike lol.

OKCisOK4me
07-22-2011, 11:13 AM
i live out here it has taken to long to develop memorial should be a lot more out here since edmond people do not cross the turnpike lol.

I okc, lived in edmond, now and cross turnpike over north to side time all the..

bbhill
07-22-2011, 06:14 PM
I okc, lived in edmond, now and cross turnpike over north to side time all the..
I think that sums it up most elegantly

MDot
09-03-2011, 02:27 PM
I noticed that it said Date Available was April 2013, so does that mean it will start construction towards the end of next year or before then?

RadicalModerate
09-03-2011, 05:24 PM
Too bad that someone didn't think about somehow obtaining a 200 yard long strip of land, next to Memorial, along the frontage of the property, in order to erect a massive billboard with the words: Visit the Round Barn in Arcadia on Historic Route 66 (along with directions to the site and maybe even a life-sized painting of what lies at the other end of the short trip).

MDot
09-05-2011, 11:03 PM
^^Haha! Just read that.

MDot
10-26-2011, 12:29 PM
About a month or two ago there was a water truck and some construction equipment set up here but I drove by the other day and they hadn't torn up the old Stake n' Ale parking lot and the water trucks and construction equipment was gone.

soonermike81
01-14-2012, 08:50 PM
Hi guys, new to the board and just starting reading random threads. I was wondering why you guys think Mazaheri is a joke. I've seen his name on various strip center signs around town. Is he a bad/shady businessman?

bradh
06-20-2013, 07:08 AM
Update - project is out for bid now, should bid to contractors first week of July.

Dustin
06-29-2013, 07:28 PM
Kewl

Cooper_GOIVM
07-14-2013, 01:45 PM
Hi guys, new to the board and just starting reading random threads. I was wondering why you guys think Mazaheri is a joke. I've seen his name on various strip center signs around town. Is he a bad/shady businessman?

I know the Mazaheri family and have done business with them and can assure you Fred is not "a joker" as a previous commenter stated. I also know others who have done major business deals with him who would argue the same. I'm not compelled to continue an argument here but the man is as honest and genuine as they come. He's an asset to the community regardless of your expert marketing opinion on proper billboard placement.

Praedura
07-14-2013, 01:58 PM
Cooper_GOIVM -- I did not know that you were on this board.

I just have to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the fantastic, amazing, unbelievable photos you have taken of our fair city!

:Smiley173 :Smiley199 :cool: :rock_guit :dance:

Cooper_GOIVM
07-14-2013, 08:59 PM
Cooper_GOIVM -- I did not know that you were on this board.

I just have to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the fantastic, amazing, unbelievable photos you have taken of our fair city!

:Smiley173 :Smiley199 :cool: :rock_guit :dance:

I really appreciate the compliments and it's great to know there's a couple people out there who appreciate my work. I'm proud of this great city.

Patrick
07-22-2013, 03:37 PM
Fred may be an honest businessman but he purchased a whole strip of houses across the street from me, let trash move in, has never maintained the homes, and has brought my property value down. I don't appreciate it. He may be a good businessman but he's a horrible neighbor.

oki
07-23-2013, 04:33 PM
I miss Steak and Ale.

But, shopping is good for local residents and the economy. More stores mean more variety (and, more traffic).

OKCisOK4me
07-23-2013, 06:37 PM
I think eventually they're going to have to redo the May Avenue bridge over the turnpike and put in round-abouts there too. I'm talking distant future, when this shopping center is built and the commercial property on the SE corner is bought and filled in as well.

ljbab728
07-23-2013, 09:38 PM
I hope by round-abouts you mean the Texas turnarounds.

OKCisOK4me
07-23-2013, 11:49 PM
I hope by round-abouts you mean the Texas turnarounds.

Yes, that would be correct Mr. Auto Corrector, lol.

progressiveboy
08-07-2013, 09:58 AM
Update - project is out for bid now, should bid to contractors first week of July. What is the status of this project? This is a prime Real Estate location and I find it hard to believe that it has taken this long to get off the drawing board and into actual development and construction.? It appears the owner developer is a novice in my opinion and can' t seem to get the financing our tenants lined up? Maybe I am wrong. This land should have been developed 3-4 years ago.

adaniel
08-07-2013, 10:14 AM
What is the status of this project? This is a prime Real Estate location and I find it hard to believe that it has taken this long to get off the drawing board and into actual development and construction.? It appears the owner developer is a novice in my opinion and can' t seem to get the financing our tenants lined up? Maybe I am wrong. This land should have been developed 3-4 years ago.

You seem to forget there was this pesky little recession thingy about 3-4 years ago.

bradh
08-07-2013, 11:44 AM
What is the status of this project? This is a prime Real Estate location and I find it hard to believe that it has taken this long to get off the drawing board and into actual development and construction.? It appears the owner developer is a novice in my opinion and can' t seem to get the financing our tenants lined up? Maybe I am wrong. This land should have been developed 3-4 years ago.

Maybe, but if how long it took Gold's to finish their build out on Memorial, this is not surprising.