View Full Version : Jeff Van Gundy's comments

Stan Silliman
05-20-2011, 12:06 PM
Do you like Jeff calling the games? I think he's sharp, funny and gives you great incite.

Here's a 2005 piece on him when he was coaching.

Jeff-and-the-Van-Gundys (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/707543-jeff-and-the-van-gundys)

swilki
05-20-2011, 12:50 PM
I could almost watch the games on mute. It may just be me, but these guys are more interested in talking about everything except for what is happening during the game. Granted I am a big Thunder fan and get a little intense when watching the games, but the love fest with Nowitzki and Dallas has to end at some point. Start calling the game and being objective.

Kerry
05-20-2011, 01:29 PM
swilki - I will agree, the love afair with Dirk, especially among the female commentators is sickening.

TaoMaas
05-20-2011, 01:42 PM
There was one comment this morning on ESPN where the announcer said, "The Mavs are now only 7 games away from an NBA title." It's true...but it's also true for the Thunder, Bulls, and Heat. So why pimp only the Mavs?

Lord Helmet
05-20-2011, 04:06 PM
I like Van Gundy, but I honestly prefer TNT's NBA broadcasts to ESPN.

MikeOKC
05-20-2011, 04:10 PM
Do you like Jeff calling the games? I think he's sharp, funny and gives you great incite.

Here's a 2005 piece on him when he was coaching.

Jeff-and-the-Van-Gundys (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/707543-jeff-and-the-van-gundys)

I think you mean insight. On the other hand, others here who hate ESPN would probably agree with your original spelling.

earlywinegareth
05-20-2011, 05:01 PM
The slobfest over Dirk and the Mavs in general during Game 1 just goes to show the national media continues to paint the Thunder players and coaching staff as too young and inexperienced to be taken seriously. Yet, the Thunder have proven they have the ability to adjust their game plan to counter the foe's strengths. To me, that's huge.

Dustin
05-20-2011, 07:11 PM
I like Van Gundy, but I honestly prefer TNT's NBA broadcasts to ESPN.

Me as well.

MikeOKC
05-20-2011, 07:33 PM
Me as well.

Except for production values. I mean, really, nobody can come close to what ESPN puts into a game.

Kerry
05-20-2011, 08:54 PM
The slobfest over Dirk and the Mavs in general during Game 1 just goes to show the national media continues to paint the Thunder players and coaching staff as too young and inexperienced to be taken seriously. Yet, the Thunder have proven they have the ability to adjust their game plan to counter the foe's strengths. To me, that's huge.

Maybe the national media has been reading Barry Trammel and his 'dues paying' non-sense.

MikeOKC
05-20-2011, 09:44 PM
Maybe the national media has been reading Barry Trammel and his 'dues paying' non-sense.

There are some good sports reporters and columnists at The Oklahoman. I like Rohde, for example. However, I can't hardly stand to read Berry Tramel. In fact, sometimes I don't - I'll just skip him. The whole 'Boomers' thing was ridiculous the first time he used it and he still uses it despite all the ridicule. That's just dumb ( or stubborn)...or both.

Spartan
05-21-2011, 07:23 AM
There are some good sports reporters and columnists at The Oklahoman. I like Rohde, for example. However, I can't hardly stand to read Berry Tramel. In fact, sometimes I don't - I'll just skip him. The whole 'Boomers' thing was ridiculous the first time he used it and he still uses it despite all the ridicule. That's just dumb ( or stubborn)...or both.

Ah, I'm actually the complete opposite. I always liked Berry, and he's a cool guy if you ever get to meet him. I like how he writes the way he talks, which is like you've just cracked open a beer sitting on a tailgate with your old dad..

Rohde bothers me, and part of it is I just dislike his personality (never met the guy though, so no idea how he really is), but I also dislike a lot of what he says. I stopped listening to the Animal in the afternoon when he started coming on.

onthestrip
05-21-2011, 11:11 AM
Um, Dirk did have one of the best playoff shooting performances of all time in game 1. Its quite understandlable for them to heap some praise on Dirk