View Full Version : Han Jan (formerly Ingrid's)

Pages : 1 2 [3]

OkieBerto
12-13-2023, 10:44 AM
They also recently added a sign for Pronto. So they seem to be moving pretty fast.

Pete
12-31-2023, 08:57 AM
Pronto Pizza is taking the eastern half of the building that faces 36th.

I peeked inside of the old Ingrid's space and it's been completely gutted. I know all their equipment was recently auctioned off. There is the old deli then the adjacent bar just to the north -- doesn't look like anything is happening in either space quite yet.

Bill Robertson
12-31-2023, 09:12 AM
Every time I drive by there I say a little prayer that something goes in that doesn't change the old grocery store storefront. I still see a bunch of my grade school friends and we still talk about memories of going there after school. That's another building I would truly miss.

Pete
12-31-2023, 09:21 AM
^

My gut tells me they won't mess with the outside of the building much.

The guy who bought the property owns a bunch of similar real estate around town and merely leases to various local restaurants. Since Ingrid's already had a large kitchen, I bet it will stay largely the same, and then someone will put their finishes on it. Even though the equipment is gone, all the required plumbing, electrical and ventilation are still there, so pretty easy for another restaurant to move in.

Ward
12-31-2023, 12:24 PM
Every time I drive by there I say a little prayer that something goes in that doesn't change the old grocery store storefront. I still see a bunch of my grade school friends and we still talk about memories of going there after school. That's another building I would truly miss.

In the late 1970's I lived at the apartment complex north of there, north of I-44, and bought most all of my groceries there. I can't remember the name of the grocery. I can't recall the apartments name, I *think* it was Elm Creek, maybe, or something like that. Back then it was a pretty decent place. Drove by a few years ago and it was a slum dump with a different name.

TheTravellers
04-19-2024, 10:37 AM
Ingrid's proper has now been painted white, don't recall seeing any new signs, though.

TheTravellers
05-12-2024, 06:14 PM
Saw a sign today above the north door that said Medleys, don't think it was there before, but not sure.

OkieBerto
05-20-2024, 08:39 AM
I drove by this morning, and there is a new sign up on the Pronto Pizza side of the Igrid's kitchen building: Han Jan Korean Kitchen & Pocha.

Pete
05-20-2024, 08:49 AM
^

Ooh, I hope they are going to take advantage of the big, adjacent bar space.

OkieBerto
05-20-2024, 08:51 AM
^

Ooh, I hope they are going to take advantage of the big, adjacent bar space.

If they are doing something similar to Seoul Pocha, it is probably a safe bet they will, and maybe even some karaoke rooms!

Pete
05-20-2024, 08:54 AM
I'll go by there and see what I can see. Can't find any social media for them.

That bar was always underutilized.

TheTravellers
05-20-2024, 09:17 AM
Interesting, because Han Jan is a brand of soju (apple is the best) that we always get at Formosa when we go there before a Tower show. I doubt it's owned by the soju brand, though.

Pete
06-03-2024, 08:27 AM
Looks like the former Ingrid's bar on the north end will be a separate spot called Medley's Lounge:

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/hanjan060224a.jpg

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/hanjan060224b.jpg

Will Dearborn
06-04-2024, 04:39 PM
So is this also still a pizza place or did they go out of business?

Jeepnokc
06-04-2024, 04:57 PM
So is this also still a pizza place or did they go out of business?

Drove by there today. pronto pizza is on the 36th street side where the shoe store was. Jan Jan is going in where Ingrids was. Windows still taped up.

Pete
06-04-2024, 05:44 PM
^

Right.

There are actually four different spots: 1) Facing 36th on the east end (Pronto Pizza); 2) Facing 36th on the west end (empty); 3) Facing Youngs where Ingrid's was (Han Jan); and 4) the old Ingrid's bar on the north end facing Youngs which will be Medley Lounge.