View Full Version : OKC/Will Rogers Air Service Discussion 2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

damonsmuz
12-16-2011, 03:43 AM
I doubt that Delta considers NBA teams as part of their reason for expansion. From now on, I think it's worth deleting the file in our brain that thinks a good NBA team will increase air service to OKC

OUman
12-16-2011, 07:41 AM
Just to summarize since some people maybe wondering what all the discussion about LGA (LaGuardia Airport) is, basically both DL and US (U.S. Airways) swapped a whole bunch of slots; DL got pretty much all of US Airways ops at LGA, and US got all of DL's at DCA (Reagan National). So in addition to DL's already-strong presence at LGA at the Marine Air Terminal, DL will now get a pretty big scoop of the LGA market, and will essentially create a new domestic hub there, with the acquisition of 132 "slot pairs"-basically 132 takeoff/landing slots (1 slot pair = 1 takeoff and 1 landing). I have read that DL will close operations at the Marine Air Termnal and just consolidate everything at the US gates.

US on the other hand got 42 slots and DL's rights to operate to/from GRU (Sao Paulo Garulhos). US is already the largest carrier at DCA. The hope in all of this is that OKC gets at least one flight to/from LGA, which again, is highly unlikely.

venture
12-16-2011, 11:09 AM
Here is the list from a post on A.net - http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/5334675/

LGA-DFW 6x E70 (S5)
LGA-MIA 4x M88
LGA-BTV 3x (2x OH CR7, 1x ERJ)
LGA-ROC 4x CR7 (OH)
LGA-BUF 6x CR9 (OH)
LGA-SYR 5x (4x ERJ, 1x CR7)
LGA-RIC 5x (4x ERJ, 1x CRJ)
LGA-MHT 2x ERJ
LGA-SDF 1x ERJ
LGA-GSO 3x ERJ
LGA-ORF 4x ERJ
LGA-DAY 2x ERJ

ERJ service is Chautauqua, E70 service is Shuttle America, and the CR7/9 is Comair.
Other cities tried that do not have any flights (to answer those who might ask)
BDL, PVD, ROA, AVL, ILM, PIT, CLE, CAK, CRW, CHO, SBN, FWA, FNT, LAN, TVC, MKE, MDW, FAY, MYR, VPS, TLH, JAN, MLB, CLT, PHL, IAD, BWI, MDT, ABE, YUL, HTS, PHF, BGM, OKC, DEN

Existing service includes:
ATL, CVG, DTW, MSP, MEM, GRR, MSN, IND, CMH, BOS, DCA, CAE, CHS, SAV, BGR, MCO, FLL, RSW, PBI, NAS, MSY (I may have missed a few here)

Full Delta schedule here: http://news.delta.com/index.php?s=18&item=162

brianinok
12-17-2011, 09:31 AM
Delta's expansion at LaGuardia is kind of ridiculous. Maybe it makes sense financially but it does virtually nothing to improve air service for the New York area or major US cities that did not have LGA/JFK service before (or limited Newark service like OKC). American, United, and others already fly most of the routes Delta is adding. The only actual new service is Nassau (though United already has mainline from Newark).

The following already have service on US Airways (I am not including US Airways hubs) so Delta is likely just replacing them on the following routes, or just competing with them like American to Miami.

Albany
Buffalo
Burlington
Charlottesville VA
Columbia SC
Dayton
Greensboro
Manchester NH
Syracuse
Wilmington

Delta made a big deal about this expansion. It was like someone let the air out of the balloon as soon as the press release was released...

HOT ROD
12-17-2011, 05:35 PM
excuse me for posting then, damonsmuz knows all of the answers. ...

damonsmuz
12-18-2011, 01:04 PM
HOT ROD: Foolish questions will get foolish responses..and having worked for Delta back in the day, I likely know more than you do about certain particulars in the aviation field.

HOT ROD
12-18-2011, 06:41 PM
yep, you're the man!

Thanks for putting me in my place.

damonsmuz
12-18-2011, 07:16 PM
No problem Hot Rod; if I see you out I'll buy ya a beer and call it even! cheers!

venture
12-18-2011, 09:34 PM
Delta's expansion at LaGuardia is kind of ridiculous. Maybe it makes sense financially but it does virtually nothing to improve air service for the New York area or major US cities that did not have LGA/JFK service before (or limited Newark service like OKC). American, United, and others already fly most of the routes Delta is adding. The only actual new service is Nassau (though United already has mainline from Newark).

The following already have service on US Airways (I am not including US Airways hubs) so Delta is likely just replacing them on the following routes, or just competing with them like American to Miami.

Albany
Buffalo
Burlington
Charlottesville VA
Columbia SC
Dayton
Greensboro
Manchester NH
Syracuse
Wilmington

Delta made a big deal about this expansion. It was like someone let the air out of the balloon as soon as the press release was released...

Brian keep in mind, this is all part of the US Airways / Delta slot swap that was approved a few weeks ago. Most of those US Airways cities you mentioned are losing service to New York on them. For the most part all that US will have left in LGA will be service to the hubs/focus cities in the east and the Shuttle.

ljbab728
01-13-2012, 12:06 AM
http://newsok.com/will-rogers-world-airport-had-passengers-trending-up-in-2011/article/3639861