View Full Version : Northern Tool comes to OKC

Brett
03-27-2011, 09:09 AM
Northern Tool is coming to OKC. I-240 & S. Penn is where the store will be located.

Newsok.com article (http://www.newsok.com/article/3552082)

Northerntool.com link (http://www.northerntool.com/stores/oklahoma-city-oklahoma.htm)

Spartan
03-27-2011, 05:55 PM
Boo. To be honest, OKC actually already has enough northern tools..in my opinion.

grandshoemaster
03-27-2011, 08:35 PM
I know. Who wants companies opening new stores and creating jobs?

okc_bel_air
03-27-2011, 09:09 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but this is the first store to open in Oklahoma.

Larry OKC
03-27-2011, 11:36 PM
The Oklahoman article mentioned "first Oklahoma City" store so implied that there are others in the state, but a Google map search didn't show any in Oklahoma (did show a Harbor Freight in Tulsa, are they connected?)

rcjunkie
03-28-2011, 04:05 AM
The Oklahoman article mentioned "first Oklahoma City" store so implied that there are others in the state, but a Google map search didn't show any in Oklahoma (did show a Harbor Freight in Tulsa, are they connected?)

No Harbor Freight is similar to Steve's Wholesale, there's one in OKC and Norman.

SkyWestOKC
03-28-2011, 05:48 PM
I love Harbor Freight. Comes in handy. I did see this the other day driving by on I-240 and wondered what it was, couldn't tell though. Glad to have a tool store nearby. I'm in one every week it seems, can never have enough tools! Will have to check them out sometime this week, see if they have anything good.

Edit: Nvm, I see they aren't open yet. The outside of the building is done it looks like though.

bluedogok
03-28-2011, 06:35 PM
Northern Tool just opened in Austin in the past month, I had to go to the one in San Antonio for the past few years. I like the variety of items they have over Harbor Freight and I think some of the items are better quality.

MadMonk
03-28-2011, 07:40 PM
Looks like an interesting place. I'll have to check it out if I'm ever down that way.

Kerry
03-29-2011, 12:51 PM
My experience with Northern Tool is that they are on the higher side of the price spectrum. Personally, I love Harbor Freight.

BTW -Spartan was trying to make a joke about people from the north being tools. If you have to explain it, it probably isn't funny.

earlywinegareth
03-29-2011, 02:15 PM
Goodonya south OKC!

metro
03-29-2011, 02:36 PM

Um, wouldn't that just imply they are going to build more than one store in OKC...

Larry OKC
03-29-2011, 11:52 PM
metro, that is a possibility.

kerry: or something was lost in the translation

rcjunkie
03-30-2011, 07:07 PM
My experience with Northern Tool is that they are on the higher side of the price spectrum. Personally, I love Harbor Freight.

BTW -Spartan was trying to make a joke about people from the north being tools. If you have to explain it, it probably isn't funny.

You get what you pay for. Harbor freight=cheap tools from China and Japan. Throw away tools, if they break, throw it away and buy another one.

Kerry
03-30-2011, 07:44 PM
You get what you pay for. Harbor freight=cheap tools from China and Japan. Throw away tools, if they break, throw it away and buy another one.

I still own every tool I have purchased from Harbor Freight. I can't say that about tools I have purchased from Lowe's or Home Depot.

Dustin
03-30-2011, 09:18 PM
Northern Tool.. Alright. I'll probably never shop there but good for OKC. What we really need here is a Fry's Electronics! :)

T-rex
03-30-2011, 09:31 PM
i've bought quite a bit from northern tool, the last thing was a new motor for my lawnmower, new motor (made in USA) for old lawnmower(made in USA) $109, new lawnmower(made in asia) $250

i've always gotten good service form their catalog personel, hopefully the local store will be as good

Spartan
03-31-2011, 10:13 AM

Well, I'll just keep my day job then.. :-)

bluedogok
03-31-2011, 07:57 PM
Northern Tool.. Alright. I'll probably never shop there but good for OKC. What we really need here is a Fry's Electronics! :)
That is definitely one place that I would miss if I moved to a city that doesn't have one.
The ad is in the Austin paper tomorrow morning.....

lasomeday
03-31-2011, 11:26 PM
Spartan when did you get a job?

Spartan
04-01-2011, 06:30 AM
Ah, that is a good question.

Brett
04-29-2011, 05:22 AM
Northern Tool opened for business yesterday.