View Full Version : GOOD Hairdresser??

tlee
01-11-2011, 11:18 AM
I have lived back here almost 2 years and cant find a good hairdresser! Can anyone suggest one? Ive tried Hair Rage,the salon in JC Pennys, and the Tinker Salon. Everyone sees long hair and wants to cut it short!
I just want someone who will actually listen to what I want.
Im looking for a salon, not a Super Cuts type place. And they dont have to be in Midwest/Del City area.
Thanks Guys!

kevinpate
01-11-2011, 04:32 PM
I'll ask my lovely if her Mike is still around the Norman area. Back when her locks were extremely long, well beyond waist length, he was her favorite.

betts
01-11-2011, 05:03 PM
Brandon Bishop at Loc Salon on 50th east of Western. He's great.

kevinpate
01-12-2011, 05:58 AM
Turns out her Mike is no longer in the area. With her shorter hair these days, She and my son seem to be using the same MasterCuts at Sooner Mall in Norman.
She trims mine, the few which can be bothered to stay around long enough to grow anyway.

ewoodard
01-12-2011, 12:37 PM
Check out the "Hairy Coconut" on 23rd st. in NIcoma Park about 1/2 mile east of Westminster. Lisa is who my wife and I use. She is very good

PennyQuilts
01-12-2011, 05:00 PM
I'd avoid a chain like the plague. I've gotten to where I walk in and ask them point blank if they "understand" long hair. If there isn't someone there with long hair that looks good, I wouldn't go. If you are going to have long hair, you need a good cut.

Stephune
01-13-2011, 10:07 AM
I use Red Frenzy Salon, Cherity is amazing. And she has hair almost to her elbow, so she understands long hair. When I chopped 8 inches off of mine she stopped a few times before cutting to make sure I really really wanted to do it. They're in Choctaw but well worth the drive. Call em! 390-9000

tlee
01-13-2011, 10:31 AM
I agree Penny! My hair is not super long, just past my shoulders a bit and layered. But being that the shorter styles are in right now, seems like thats what the stylest what to cut. I will never go to JC Pennys again, I had the same length of hair I do now and wanted her to cut it right at my shoulders. I walked out of their crying with my hair cut to my ear lobes! Took over a year to grow back.
My last hairstylest(in California) was awesome! She took an hour plus with me. Giving me suggestions, looking threw books with me and so on. She would call me between cuts to see how I liked my hair and to tell me that she had a idea for the next time I came in. I just want to find someone like that again!
Thanks for the input so far.....

MsDarkstar
01-13-2011, 11:18 AM
I highly recommend Salon Endeavor (9101 S. Western Ave - just South of 89th & Western, by Slim Chickens & Louie's). Valorie Neumeyer is my stylist & I love her, she's helped me transition from super short to below my shoulders without ever experiencing the "growing out blues." All of the ladies in the salon are great though, I'd trust any of them with my hair. I found Salon Endeavor by chance after a few years of hairdresser shopping & have been exceptionally pleased. Also, their hours are good (open Mondays, yay!), prices are reasonable & they're just plain friendly lol. I think they also do first time customer specials on Thursdays, 30% off if you're new (it's usually on their Facebook saying mention 30 Thursdays). http://www.salonendeavor.com/ or http://www.facebook.com/pages/Salon-Endeavor/41049882331#!/pages/Salon-Endeavor/41049882331?v=info.

graybilljeff@yahoo.com
01-14-2011, 06:31 PM
Try Alice at Douglas hair salon. My wife and two daughters (22,16) have gone to her for years. They are located in the shopping center by Crest foods. She use to be at the hair salon by tag agency, but moved down the street to escape all the drama of the younger stylist