View Full Version : New Hotel on 19th???

kawititnow
12-28-2010, 06:03 AM
I was driving along 19th St the other day and saw activity on the lot between the new oil change shop and Chicken Express and saw a sign that said something to the effect of "Hotel Site 3 acres M.O.L" Is there seriously going to be a hotel there?!? Seems like a weird spot for one.

flintysooner
12-28-2010, 06:12 AM
I was driving along 19th St the other day and saw activity on the lot between the new oil change shop and Chicken Express and saw a sign that said something to the effect of "Hotel Site 3 acres M.O.L" Is there seriously going to be a hotel there?!? Seems like a weird spot for one.The 3 acre site I think referred to the area north and east of Aldi. Back when hotels and motels were being built a few years ago I heard that there was a deal for that location. Of course the recession killed all of that.

I think the site between the lube place and the Chicken Express is a strip center.

"I think" being the operative phrase of course and implying a great deal of room for error.

soonerkev
12-28-2010, 07:25 AM
This site you're referring to is where Five Guys Burgers and Fries, Sport Clips and possibly Cinnabon will be.

Jesseda
12-28-2010, 01:15 PM
back when it was going to be royal rock shopping center there was a pad laid out fora hotel site just behing aldi and the chicken express place, but then again the trailor park ws going to be moved or removed, so a lot of plans have changed, but still i think a hotel would be nice make a hotel that has a least 5 floors

soonerkev
12-28-2010, 02:32 PM
Jesseda, the plans are to still do Royal Rock Shopping Center and the trailer park will be moved/downsized. Royal Rock is being done in phases. As the economy improves they will start doing additional phases.

Jesseda
12-28-2010, 08:31 PM
thanks sooner kev