View Full Version : Lee's Sandwiches

Pages : 1 [2]

shawnw
08-27-2018, 04:36 PM
Oh boy. I wonder which street will feel the drive-thru overflow's wrath, Classen or 32nd?

corwin1968
08-29-2018, 10:36 AM
In addition to their excellent iced coffee, Lee's has really good chicken wings and crab rangoons, if anyone hasn't tried them yet. The hot case is often out or low on one or both but they will cook them fresh on request.

derp
09-04-2018, 02:31 PM
Has anyone ever looked at the Lee's sandwiches locations?

Locations = California, Las Vegas, Dallas, Houston, Korea, Vietnam, China, and Okc.

Sometimes people complain that Okc is last on getting chain restaurants and stores but this list Okc was one of the first.

Excellent place to eat unique sandwiches too, although I like the original Vietnamese sandwich store under the Braum's bottle on Classen. Saigon Baguette, http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/46/501330/restaurant/Uptown/Saigon-Baguette-Oklahoma-City

Wow! Vietnamese food in Korea is super, super competive and also way more expensive than in OKC. Good pho in greater Seoul is at least 50% more expsive than here.

Jeepnokc
09-06-2018, 07:32 AM
In addition to their excellent iced coffee, Lee's has really good chicken wings and crab rangoons, if anyone hasn't tried them yet. The hot case is often out or low on one or both but they will cook them fresh on request.

I need to try them again. Tried Lee's when it first opened and they had shrimp spring rolls just wrapped in saran wrap on the counter for you to take. Not refrigerated and just sitting there at room temp which scared me off.

Midtowner
09-06-2018, 08:45 AM
Lee's is good stuff.. and it's super cheap. One of my favorite lunch haunts.

Thomas Vu
09-06-2018, 10:10 AM
Across the street there's another banh mi place, quoc bao bakery. If you're not in for the fusion bits at Lees. Cash only though.

shawnw
09-06-2018, 10:46 AM
not exactly across the street, quite a bit south, just next to Classen Coffee

HOT ROD
09-06-2018, 01:11 PM
nice that OKC does have many options in the Asian District, including an asian chain in Lee's and I did note that on my last visit to the city.

Hope it success leads to more; and encourages more local restaurants of various Asian ethnicity/techniques.

soonermike81
09-06-2018, 09:24 PM
I need to try them again. Tried Lee's when it first opened and they had shrimp spring rolls just wrapped in saran wrap on the counter for you to take. Not refrigerated and just sitting there at room temp which scared me off.

It’s bc refrigerating them will dry out the rice paper. Kind of ruins it.

Jeepnokc
09-06-2018, 09:36 PM
It’s bc refrigerating them will dry out the rice paper. Kind of ruins it.

Maybe so but food poisoning from bad shrimp left out will ruin your day. Hopefully they rotate it but prefer mine to be freshly made, Cooked shrimp has a two hour shelf life at room temp.

soonermike81
09-06-2018, 10:33 PM
Maybe so but food poisoning from bad shrimp left out will ruin your day. Hopefully they rotate it but prefer mine to be freshly made, Cooked shrimp has a two hour shelf life at room temp.

I’m sure they have some sort of system in place to make a certain amount of product at specific times to avoid waste. But with that said, I doubt they’re trashing spring rolls that have been sitting out for two hours.

Pete
08-05-2019, 03:28 PM
Having recently had Riviere, I decided to finally try the bahn mi at Lee's...

Had the #5 which is grilled pork; $6.

REALLY good and in fact I preferred it to what I had at Riviere. Less bread, more fillings and the meat was more flavorful.

I have to admit that I have never really understood Lee's; so many different items I've found it overwhelming. But I need to start trying other things but it's going to be hard to go in there and not get one of those sandwiches.

corwin1968
08-06-2019, 07:19 AM

REALLY good and in fact I preferred it to what I had at Riviere. Less bread, more fillings and the meat was more flavorful.

I have to admit that I have never really understood Lee's; so many different items I've found it overwhelming. But I need to start trying other things but it's going to be hard to go in there and not get one of those sandwiches.

If they ever have durian ice cream, give that a try.

wsucougz
08-06-2019, 11:00 AM
When I lived there I used to get the curry lunch special with a baguette for dipping. It is good.

Heysloth
08-06-2019, 11:51 AM

It's a great place. Really reasonable prices and they have tons of options. The 80s mall vibe is unique but I have yet to see the baguette factory in action.

Bits_Of_Real_Panther
08-06-2019, 04:00 PM
Whats the name of the board game that is being played ?

Pete
08-07-2019, 05:06 PM
They have the most bizarre hours I have ever seen:

Tue - Thu: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM | Fri - Mon: 8:00 AM - 8:30 PM

5PM?? If you are going to stay open until 5, why not go until 7?

And why stay open late on Monday but not Tu-Th?

So strange.

Thomas Vu
08-08-2019, 08:25 AM
If I ever run into Jenn at the collective I'll ask her haha. It'll be such a weird question, but I'm now too curious not to ask.

David
08-08-2019, 09:32 AM
I've been wondering about those hours for a while, ever since I tried to go by for a sandwich after work on a Tuesday after going Monday a few times.

Pete
06-18-2020, 10:04 AM
Their drive-thru is now open:

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/lees061620a.jpg

Libbymin
06-18-2020, 11:14 AM
Sweet! Those Vietnamese coffees are like liquid crack. The banh mi's are pretty great too.

Bits_Of_Real_Panther
08-31-2021, 01:36 PM
Strange to see only one vehicle in their parking lot this afternoon.

Place is usually packed

Pete
08-31-2021, 01:39 PM
Strange to see only one vehicle in their parking lot this afternoon.

Place is usually packed

They are now closed on Tuesdays for some reason.

Roger S
08-31-2021, 02:08 PM
They are now closed on Tuesdays for some reason.

Monday and Tuesday are the two slowest days of the week and if they are having staffing issues like everyone else is. Giving the overworked staff they do have working a Tuesday off may have driven the decision.