View Full Version : Sooners Highest Rated 2-Loss Team In BCS

jmarkross
12-05-2010, 06:20 PM
...As they should be!!

:woowoo: :woowoo: :woowoo: :woowoo: :woowoo:

Easy180
12-05-2010, 07:53 PM
Would have loved to play Stanford again but UConn should be good for the BCS drought

Hopefully it is not the last time we get to watch Broyles

bluedogok
12-05-2010, 07:57 PM
What happens with the NFL/NFLPA CBA negotiations between now and draft declaration day with have a huge bearing on a bunch of underclass players coming out for the draft. There could very well be a lockout next season and most players would be foolish to declare if there is no football next season. Many might stay in, I bet Cam Newton will declare no matter what.

Easy180
12-05-2010, 08:16 PM
Good point..Plus Broyles would likely be the 4th best WR in this class behind Jones, Green and Blackmon

Thunder
12-06-2010, 12:16 AM
OU is #7. Just putting that on here, cuz jmarkross didn't state it. :-P

I hope our rank go up higher after we win the bowl game.

I don't see Connecticut anywhere on the top 25. ???

Oklahoma is paired up with Arkansas for 4th, but I don't see how Oklahoma is playing Stanford or Conn?

Anyone want to explain this?

1 Auburn 13-0
2 Oregon 12-0

3 TCU 12-0
4 Stanford 11-1

5 Wisconsin 11-1
6 Ohio State 11-1

7 Oklahoma 11-2
8 Arkansas 10-2

9 Michigan State 11-1
10 LSU 10-2

11 Boise State 11-1
12 Missouri 10-2

13 Virginia Tech 11-2
14 Oklahoma State 10-2

15 Nevada 12-1
16 Alabama 9-3

17 Texas A&M 9-3
18 Nebraska 10-3

19 Utah 10-2
20 South Carolina 9-4

21 Mississippi State 8-4
22 West Virginia 9-3

23 Florida State 9-4
24 Hawaii 10-3

25 UCF 10-3 <<<< Playing anyone?

OSU is paired up with Nevada, but KOCO is saying OSU will play Alabama in the Alamo Bowl. Strange.

http://www.koco.com/sports/26028733/detail.html

Oklahoma is playing a Bowl Game against a weak team that is not even on the top 25 list.

http://www.koco.com/sports/26028483/detail.html

ljbab728
12-06-2010, 12:35 AM

Oklahoma is paired up with Arkansas for 4th, but I don't see how Oklahoma is playing Stanford or Conn?

1 Auburn 13-0
2 Oregon 12-0

3 TCU 12-0
4 Stanford 11-1

5 Wisconsin 11-1
6 Ohio State 11-1

7 Oklahoma 11-2
8 Arkansas 10-2

9 Michigan State 11-1
10 LSU 10-2

11 Boise State 11-1
12 Missouri 10-2

13 Virginia Tech 11-2
14 Oklahoma State 10-2

15 Nevada 12-1
16 Alabama 9-3

17 Texas A&M 9-3
18 Nebraska 10-3

19 Utah 10-2
20 South Carolina 9-4

21 Mississippi State 8-4
22 West Virginia 9-3

23 Florida State 9-4
24 Hawaii 10-3

OSU is paired up with Nevada, but KOCO is saying OSU will play Alabama in the Alamo Bowl. Strange.

Oklahoma is playing a Bowl Game against a weak team that is not even on the top 25 list.

I have no idea what you're talking about. The bowl game matches have nothing to do with pairing teams up based on their ranking other than the top two playing in the championship game. There are a few rules about what teams can play in the BCS games but other than that it's totally up to the contracts the conferences have with the bowls and what teams the bowls decide they want base on whatever criteria they decide on.

Thunder
12-06-2010, 02:34 AM
You will have to explain these things a bit more clear and in more details than that. I do not see how Connecticut get the glory of playing in a high ranking bowl game against Oklahoma without even being ranked. This is a fraud and complete abuse of the system. People can not just pick and choose who get to go to a specific bowl game. That is complete and pathetic action of favoritism. Looking at these decisions, Connecticut (unranked team) get to play a much higher bowl game ranking than Oklahoma State and that is completely absurd. I'm not an OSU fan, but c'mon, Oklahoma State deserved better than that. It is much more surprising how people all over the country can just sit there and do nothing about this.

And if you recalled one of the years recently where LSU was chosen out of a 3-way tie between Oklahoma and I think Ohio or Ohio State to play the BCS National Title game against a team out of complete favoritism. Oklahoma was robbed the opportunity to play that game solely based on the decision that the game was to be hosted in New Orleans (or somewhere nearby). They picked LSU just for that.

I think is is time the NCAA go through series of serious shakeups and complete change of management. I also think it is time for the format to be switched over to Playoff.

dcsooner
12-06-2010, 04:59 AM
OU will find a way to lose or make this game more interesting than it should be.

jmarkross
12-06-2010, 07:32 AM

1 Auburn 13-0
2 Oregon 12-0

3 TCU 12-0
4 Stanford 11-1

5 Wisconsin 11-1
6 Ohio State 11-1

7 Oklahoma 11-2
8 Arkansas 10-2

9 Michigan State 11-1
10 LSU 10-2

11 Boise State 11-1
12 Missouri 10-2

13 Virginia Tech 11-2
14 Oklahoma State 10-2

15 Nevada 12-1
16 Alabama 9-3

17 Texas A&M 9-3
18 Nebraska 10-3

19 Utah 10-2
20 South Carolina 9-4

21 Mississippi State 8-4
22 West Virginia 9-3

23 Florida State 9-4
24 Hawaii 10-3

Well, folks, I am sure some of you have realized that the BCS is more about Business than about finding the best team. And--that is an arguable point--money-wise since the schools make a pile of money. Other than the first 4 ranked teams...the rest is ALL ABOUT the loyalty of fans (who will bring money to site of the bowl), proximity (Phoenix loves OU fans who travel well...spend money...and are reasonably close)...it is all about cash--and all parties concerned are complicit.

earlywinegareth
12-06-2010, 07:39 AM
No doubt UCONN will try to beat OU like Boise did. But I think OU is motivated to play well and win a BCS game regardless of opponent. Personally, I am a big fan of UCONN what they've done since moving to Div I is pretty impressive.

jmarkross
12-06-2010, 07:54 AM
No doubt UCONN will try to beat OU like Boise did. But I think OU is motivated to play well and win a BCS game regardless of opponent. Personally, I am a big fan of UCONN what they've done since moving to Div I is pretty impressive.

Worry not, my friends, with Landry Jones at the wheel and his teammates, they are a different sort of team than in past years...they have proven that pretty clearly now--and they have a good defense. The UConn choice was bizarre--in the extreme. Must have been a gift to the Big East...another anomaly from the BCS...

kevinpate
12-06-2010, 08:01 AM
Worry not, my friends, with Landry Jones at the wheel and his teammates, they are a different sort of team than in past years...they have proven that pretty clearly now--and they have a good defense. The UConn choice was bizarre--in the extreme. Must have been a gift to the Big East...another anomaly from the BCS...

I dunno. First BCS appearance, quality opponent for UCONN, though one known to stumble in their BCS games, and a far better climate in AZ than staying home for the UCONN faithful. Makes a bit of sense to me to seek out those dollars.

jmarkross
12-06-2010, 08:21 AM
I dunno. First BCS appearance, quality opponent for UCONN, though one known to stumble in their BCS games, and a far better climate in AZ than staying home for the UCONN faithful. Makes a bit of sense to me to seek out those dollars.

Oh yes...for the money it is a great idea...frozen folks to AZ is an easy draw...and perhaps a bit of a nod to an unheard of team in the big leagues is a money maker as well...CT has plenty of folks with geetz to burn...a good time will be had by all--nothing of any importance swings in the balance....although...Alabama would have been a better choice...for many reasons, including profit...sort of reeks of a "quota system" choice...

blangtang
12-06-2010, 12:35 PM
UCONN?? By the time January rolls around, those folks could give a rat's ass about football. Its a basketball division with some crappy football programs mixed in !

In any case, I'm glad OU made it past Nebraska to end the Big 12 for now.

jmarkross
12-06-2010, 12:38 PM
UCONN?? By the time January rolls around, those folks could give a rat's ass about football. Its a basketball division with some crappy football programs mixed in !

I am confused...the Big Twelve has 10 teams...and the Big Ten has 12 teams? 'Splain that Ricky!

Thunder
12-06-2010, 01:35 PM
I am confused...the Big Twelve has 10 teams...and the Big Ten has 12 teams? 'Splain that Ricky!

Names will have to be switched. We should be called the Big Ten next year.

jmarkross
12-06-2010, 01:48 PM

But--what about all the printed mugs and souvenirs?...

onthestrip
12-06-2010, 02:17 PM
You will have to explain these things a bit more clear and in more details than that. I do not see how Connecticut get the glory of playing in a high ranking bowl game against Oklahoma without even being ranked. This is a fraud and complete abuse of the system. People can not just pick and choose who get to go to a specific bowl game. That is complete and pathetic action of favoritism. Looking at these decisions, Connecticut (unranked team) get to play a much higher bowl game ranking than Oklahoma State and that is completely absurd. I'm not an OSU fan, but c'mon, Oklahoma State deserved better than that. It is much more surprising how people all over the country can just sit there and do nothing about this.

And if you recalled one of the years recently where LSU was chosen out of a 3-way tie between Oklahoma and I think Ohio or Ohio State to play the BCS National Title game against a team out of complete favoritism. Oklahoma was robbed the opportunity to play that game solely based on the decision that the game was to be hosted in New Orleans (or somewhere nearby). They picked LSU just for that.

I think is is time the NCAA go through series of serious shakeups and complete change of management. I also think it is time for the format to be switched over to Playoff.

You seem to be a fan of something you know very little about. Six conference champions from big 10, big 12, pac 10. sec. big east and acc get automatic bids. The other teams are made up from the top 14 teams in this weeks BCS. I believe that if a team is in the top 4 they automatically get in too, such as TCU.
And OU was not robbed because of favoratism, it was from a combination of human and computer polls that made LSU #2 in the bcs which put them in the title game. Every now and then you should probably remove your crimson glasses.

onthestrip
12-06-2010, 02:24 PM

Probably not. The Big 12 is a brand and it is identified with this conference and its teams. Any marketer will tell you no to change it. How confusing would it be if we changed names? Also wouldnt make sense seeing how we (the big 12) could easily add one or two teams in the next couple of years.

skyrick
12-06-2010, 03:57 PM
...As they should be!!

:woowoo: :woowoo: :woowoo: :woowoo: :woowoo:

Kind of a left-handed compliment.

Like being called the best looking girl in Arkansas.

jmarkross
12-06-2010, 04:05 PM
Kind of a left-handed compliment.

Like being called the best looking girl in Arkansas.

We all know the rules...lose a game--go to the back of the line and so on...just glad of the 2-loss teams they were well thought of...

Dustin
12-06-2010, 05:13 PM

I saw your avatar and tried to kill the bug with my finger.. :lol2:

soonerfan_in_okc
12-06-2010, 05:13 PM

no, they wont. Both conferences have said they will not change the names.

soonerfan_in_okc
12-06-2010, 05:15 PM

oh my god. Where do i start....

Just stop trying to follow college football. you have no idea about anything.

jmarkross
12-06-2010, 05:16 PM
no, they wont. Both conferences have said they will not change the names.

What does that say about sports groups of Institutions of Higher Learning?...

OKCDrummer77
12-06-2010, 06:30 PM
But--what about all the printed mugs and souvenirs?...

http://www.myptsmail.com/hotdog256/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/E868A_dewey_defeats_truman.jpg

Easy180
12-06-2010, 07:34 PM
Looks like Kevin Wilson may be jetting to the Big 10 as well...Reports out there that he will be offered the Indiana job

Maybe bring back Mangino?

MadMonk
12-06-2010, 08:31 PM
I sort of wanted to see a re-match with Boise St. Oh well. Guess we get to beat up on the Huskies for their first BCS bowl experience.

Thunder
12-06-2010, 11:17 PM
Looks like Kevin Wilson may be jetting to the Big 10 as well...Reports out there that he will be offered the Indiana job

Maybe bring back Mangino?

... Josh would be a better candidate. I hope they offer him the job first.

Martin
12-07-2010, 05:18 AM
looks like kevin wilson may be jetting to the big 10 as well...reports out there that he will be offered the indiana job

maybe bring back mangino?

file this under wishful thinking... but my vote is mike leach. -M

jmarkross
12-07-2010, 06:34 AM
file this under wishful thinking... but my vote is mike leach. -M

I go with Mike Leach as well...

onthestrip
12-07-2010, 09:34 AM
Seriously doubt Leach comes back to be offensive coordinator at OU. His next job will surely be a head coaching postion.

Lord Helmet
12-07-2010, 10:09 AM
You will have to explain these things a bit more clear and in more details than that. I do not see how Connecticut get the glory of playing in a high ranking bowl game against Oklahoma without even being ranked.

It's quite clear that you know nothing about college football. UConn won their conference championship which guarantees them a spot in one of the BCS bowls. It has nothing to do with ranking.

As for the rest of your post...wow...

Thunder
12-07-2010, 10:10 AM
It's quite clear that you know nothing about college football. UConn won their conference championship which guarantees them a spot in one of the BCS bowls. It has nothing to do with ranking.

As for the rest of your post...wow...

There are other lower bowl games... But to pair them with Oklahoma?! Flawed system.

jmarkross
12-07-2010, 11:16 AM
I go with Mike Leach as well...

DUH...looks like Kevin Wilson...

http://newsok.com/report-kevin-wilson-to-be-named-indiana-coach/article/3521326?custom_click=lead_story_title&utm_source=bleacherreport.com

Lord Helmet
12-07-2010, 11:23 AM
The bowl system has always been a flawed system. Nothing new here.

ljbab728
12-07-2010, 10:45 PM
Seriously doubt Leach comes back to be offensive coordinator at OU. His next job will surely be a head coaching postion.

I agree and I don't think Stoops would seriously consider that anyway. His quirky offense was great to get a terrible program going back in the right direction with limited talent and he did the same thing at Texas Tech. It's just not an offense that a traditional power wants permanently. We want and need something balanced.

Bill Robertson
12-09-2010, 10:14 AM
There are other lower bowl games... But to pair them with Oklahoma?! Flawed system.

Yes there are lower bowl games. But conference champions, UConn is one, are guaranteed a BCS bowl game. Of which there are only 4 + the Chamionship game. And yes it is a flawed system. Hope for playoffs someday.

bombermwc
12-10-2010, 06:34 AM
Amen soonerfan...that can be saif for so many things....