View Full Version : The Corner Pocket pool and pinball in SW OKC

FRISKY
11-23-2010, 05:33 PM
I FINALLY remembered the name of the game center/pool hall...

Anyone remember the "Corner Pocket" pool hall from the late '60s early '70s? It was in a strip shopping center on the NE corner of SW 59th and Agnew. The "Across The Street" restaurant was on the south end of the shopping center and the "Corner Pocket" was on the north end. Don's Drive-in (later Del Rancho) and the post office were on the west side of Agnew. The Country Club apartments were just north of the strip shopping center.

papaOU
11-23-2010, 09:37 PM
I FINALLY remembered the name of the game center/pool hall...

Anyone remember the "Corner Pocket" pool hall from the late '60s early '70s? It was in a strip shopping center on the NE corner of SW 59th and Agnew. The "Across The Street" restaurant was on the south end of the shopping center and the "Corner Pocket" was on the north end. Don's Drive-in (later Del Rancho) and the post office were on the west side of Agnew. The Country Club apartments were just north of the strip shopping center.

I am an CHHS alum. Farthest South and West dancing at the Armory 44th and west of Penn. Had good moves on the dance floor and really great moves getting the hell out of there once the dance ended.

FRISKY
11-26-2010, 06:08 AM
The pinball machines only cost 10-cents to play. I could play for hours on one dime...and did. There was a drainage canal behind the building the was used for "special" activities.

gen70
11-26-2010, 07:51 AM
I remember the Corner Pocket but, only went there one time.

jmarkross
11-26-2010, 10:40 AM
The pinball machines only cost 10-cents to play. I could play for hours on one dime...and did. There was a drainage canal behind the building the was used for "special" activities.

10-cent pinball...still enjoy the sound of the wooden "CLACK" when you won a free game?

FRISKY
12-10-2010, 03:00 AM
10-cent pinball...still enjoy the sound of the wooden "CLACK" when you won a free game?Yep! I wish I could remember the name of the pinball machine.