View Full Version : Banana Island - Malaysian goodness in the metro

muzique808
09-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Had a chance to stop in and have lunch at Banana Island today. They are, as far as I know, OKC's first and only Malaysian restaurant. They do offer a lot of Chinese style dishes as well if you aren't ready for the spicy, sour, and sweet flavors combined in the Malay dishes. My wife, who has had almost every tofu dish in most of the Asian restaurants in town, says theirs is the best she's had yet. If you are looking for something different, give them a try.

More info and menu here: http://www.mybananaisland.com/

lasomeday
09-27-2010, 08:05 PM
I have eaten there many times. They are open late!!! Great food for a late night meal.

potsy
09-27-2010, 09:38 PM
They do have pretty good Malaysian food for being in this region. Being a Malaysian myself, I can't say they have the exact same taste as those sold back home, but they do satisfy the occasional urge for some good curry.

ljbab728
09-27-2010, 10:27 PM
I'm not familiar with Malaysian food but from looking at the menu it seems to be extensive which is typical of most Asian restaurants and seems to be heavy on seafood.

JayhawkTransplant
09-28-2010, 06:07 PM
Thank you for the review! I have wanted to try it...this gives me more incentive.

potsy
09-29-2010, 11:16 AM
If you do go, i'd say definitely try the char kuay teow with the cockle clams or if you're in the mood for something with a little bit of heat, try the singaporean curry laksa.

Armani
10-06-2010, 09:55 AM
I like their late night hours

food is decent too

blangtang
10-09-2010, 12:22 AM
i went there on a tuesday night after trying to check out tuesday burgers at some place over on broadway. or maybe it was a wednesday. anyway, food was tasty, better than a burger and i loved that i got a to go menu and can order late :) late night options are hard to come by in the 23rd and classen intx.

MadMonk
10-09-2010, 10:46 AM
Looks good, but someone needs to proofread their website:
"We've delivered to many large get herings and we get plenty of repeat business."

What's a large get hering? (gathering). :LolLolLol