View Full Version : Crossroads? Crossroads is dead my friend. You can call me, OKC Market Center -

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

megax11
10-02-2010, 08:51 PM
For the record I don't know who you work for, Steve... I know this Mize character works for NewsOK.

Again news can be spun in any which way the journalist sees fit.

Richard could have gone straight to the source, but instead, chose to go to someone who sells the land, who could have been told to be quiet about the matter to the press. Then again it could have not sold. I'm just saying, I keep running into people who seemingly not only know about this, but now the number of people saying it has been sold has been upped to 3, while one goofball helping the feds sell the place, is the lone person who knows if it sold or not and is saying it didn't.

3-1.

Thunder
10-02-2010, 08:55 PM
If OKC does not do what it takes to get Crossroads shut down and on lockdown, we will NEVER develop any downtown retail or inner-south side retail. It is that simple. Stop trying to save the huge unsustainable mistakes we made in the 70s. It is a waste of time and resources. Crossroads never should have been built. It was good for about 15 years, then started going downhill, and has been unofficially dead for the last 10 years. Time to make it official.

Time to redistribute the existing retail around the inner south side, reinvigorate the inner south side, and make a move to position downtown to fill the void left by Crossroads. If the chamber really IS considering putting Crossroads on it's to-do list, this speaks volumes about bad priorities. It tells you how we've given up on downtown retail and made suburban retail the priority once again. Is a dead mall on the southside more important than trying to make something happen downtown?

And if a single cent gets spent on Crossroads in the form of public incentives, other than to build a great wall around it, I will be fuming.

Is it always Downtown this and Downtown that to you?! Downtown does not need everything! Crossroads was NOT a mistake. The management committed numerous mistakes. Whatever you like it or not, that megastructure will come alive. If that hurts you so badly, move to Tulsa or elsewhere.

Steve
10-02-2010, 08:58 PM
Richard sits at the desk next to mine. Public records indicate the sale has not gone through yet.
When a sale occurs, a deed is filed at the county courthouse. Reporters access such deeds and county property transactions to determine when a sale has taken place. The Oklahoman examines such records weekly and runs a list of the top sales every Saturday. The Journal Record does so as well.
So we have two methods of reporting a sales transaction. One is to go to the sales broker, the manager of the mall and the property records to see if a transaction has taken place. The other is to quote three unnamed people and to slam the news media for having followed the first method.
Alrighty.... all hail the rise of new media.
Yes, this deal could be going through. And I'm sure there are those who think it will. But it hasn't yet.
I'm going to log off now. I've got a busy day tomorrow - shopping at the world's fifth largest mall in Norman, followed by dinner at Ruth's Chris at Founders Tower followed by a spin on the world's largest carousel along the Oklahoma River.

MikeOKC
10-02-2010, 10:19 PM
Richard sits at the desk next to mine. Public records indicate the sale has not gone through yet.
When a sale occurs, a deed is filed at the county courthouse. Reporters access such deeds and county property transactions to determine when a sale has taken place. The Oklahoman examines such records weekly and runs a list of the top sales every Saturday. The Journal Record does so as well.
So we have two methods of reporting a sales transaction. One is to go to the sales broker, the manager of the mall and the property records to see if a transaction has taken place. The other is to quote three unnamed people and to slam the news media for having followed the first method.
Yes, this deal could be going through. And I'm sure there are those who think it will. But it hasn't yet.
I'm going to log off now. I've got a busy day tomorrow - shopping at the world's fifth largest mall in Norman, followed by dinner at Ruth's Chris at Founders Tower followed by a spin on the world's largest carousel along the Oklahoma River.

Oh, and don't forget....what was it? The Oklahoma Dome or something? It was once posted here that a deal was set to be announced that would put a domed stadium near downtown and an NFL team would be moving to OKC. That could round out your weekend of fun!

In all seriousness, Steve is absolutely right. The silly Crossroads thread is a perfect example as to why we need newspapers and real journalists. They are professionals who know how to run down a story. I wouldn't go to a dentist to find out about business news downtown and I wouldn't let Steve near my teeth with a drill. Too many people just don't understand this very simple concept.

Larry OKC
10-02-2010, 10:30 PM
Is this Richard Mize the one responsible for writing the lame article filled with his own speculations? Steve and Larry, I don't see how you both still work for News 9 / The Oklahomans. Hope that guy get the pink slip one day.

???

Where did you get the idea I worked for News9 or the Oklahoman? I am not now, nor have I ever been employed by any news media outlet.

kevinpate
10-03-2010, 06:59 AM
???

Where did you get the idea I worked for News9 or the Oklahoman? I am not now, nor have I ever been employed by any news media outlet.

Maybe the brother of an eye doctor's janitor left him a note one day?

megax11
10-03-2010, 10:00 AM

Yeah... As I've stated before, the record of the sale will show up on their annual report, which hasn't happened yet. It will in 2011.

That's what I heard at least.

Man, we're all about just hearing.

I'm just hearing. Mize is just hearing. We should make a boat so all of us speculators and just-hearers (phony word), can go boating together... Weeee.

Oh and to the person who said we need the news and newspaper, I can say this. A real journalist would have went to the buyer, not speculated that the buyer was just dreaming. Why would a friend of mine be offered a job, be told to come apply, if there was nothing to apply for? Why would a merchant at the mall, who knew about this before any single one of us, even these so called professional journalists, state that the mall was signed off the day before she told me the news about the OKC Market Center? LOL! A peasy mall merchant, knew before journalists. That's just an odd thing to say. An eye doctor's friend is the same banker for the lady who bought the mall. I mean a banker would know why their clients are taking out huge amounts of money, filing for loans, etc...

I don't know, but again, I see one speculating journalist "hearing" from one person who stated it didn't sell (someone who could have been sworn to keep their trap shut), while 3 have all basically said the same thing, and they're all unrelated. I don't believe in coincidence.

Steve
10-03-2010, 10:02 AM
No, records of sale are recorded at the courthouse when the transaction is filed. What the NEWS KNOWS is what the PUBLIC KNOWS: there is no sale yet, but there is an interested buyer who would like to turn the property into a market center.

megax11
10-03-2010, 10:26 AM
And the courhouse couldn't be keeping the transaction secret and the request of the buyer, in order to have a grand reveal, since this place would be the first of its kind, open to consumers?

I'm actually curious about that one.

Steve
10-03-2010, 10:33 AM
And the courhouse couldn't be keeping the transaction secret and the request of the buyer, in order to have a grand reveal, since this place would be the first of its kind, open to consumers?

I'm actually curious about that one.

Um, yeah .... Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

SkyWestOKC
10-03-2010, 10:34 AM
Once it's public, it's public. I believe it is against the law for the courthouse to withhold information like this from the public.

jn1780
10-03-2010, 10:41 AM
Once it's public, it's public. I believe it is against the law for the courthouse to withhold information like this from the public.

Yes, one way to think about it: If I wanted to sue the owner of Crossroads Mall who would I sue?

Steve
10-03-2010, 10:45 AM
You would sue Maiden Lane properties.

Thunder
10-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Yes, one way to think about it: If I wanted to sue the owner of Crossroads Mall who would I sue?

Suing for what? On behalf of OKC Talk? What is your devious plan?

Steve
10-03-2010, 11:23 AM
It's a secret. And you'll never find out because the county will keep the lawsuit filing secret. Even the judge won't know what's going on. It's all very secret.

jn1780
10-03-2010, 11:28 AM
It's a secret. And you'll never find out because the county will keep the lawsuit filing secret. Even the judge won't know what's going on. It's all very secret.

:LolLolLol

It has to be a secret because the lawsuit involves zombies and secret tunnels beneath Crossroads Mall.

megax11
10-03-2010, 03:09 PM
Shh... People aren't supposed to know about the secret underground tunnels in Crossroads, filled with phony journalists who speculate. That's where they hide. That's what the zombies feed on... You didn't hear that from me though *throws smoke pellet and disappears*.

randaok69
10-03-2010, 03:12 PM
:LolLolLol

It has to be a secret because the lawsuit involves zombies and secret tunnels beneath Crossroads Mall.

:)

Steve
10-03-2010, 03:21 PM
Gotta love secrets.

kevinpate
10-03-2010, 05:59 PM

Aw hell, the multi-county grand jury bought a freakin' mall .... film at 11(ish)

Larry OKC
10-03-2010, 11:09 PM
Now we know who keeps those checkout supermarket tabloids in business. LOL

Thunder
10-03-2010, 11:59 PM
I spoke to security at the mall and with my advantages, the person told me that it is true on the plans for a market center. There was some delays, but expected to sort some things out soon. Many store owners/employees are aware of the changes to come. Just hang in there!

hipsterdoofus
10-04-2010, 08:00 AM

No I'm sure his eye doctor's plumber's veterinarian will tell him - seriously, Pete, can we have a looney section of this board to shovel some of this stuff over to?

Kerry
10-04-2010, 10:11 AM
...followed by a spin on the world's largest carousel along the Oklahoma River.

Wait a minute, OKC is getting the world’s largest carousel along the Oklahoma River? That is awesome. I can't wait to tell everyone here in Jax. They will be so jealous.

It isn't as much fun without bags on it, but I guess if you get to ride it, it will still be cool.
http://blog.citibox.es/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Luggage-Carousel.jpg

Jesseda
10-04-2010, 10:52 AM
Im back, i was missing for a week, I got lost in the underground tunnel hiding from security mall zombies, and creepy hot topic workers, is there anymore news about zombie bombing of the mall and the new market thing going in? T he "coming soon" sign that was in the tunnel was destroyed because i had to fire trap the zombies so i could escape, i was lucky i found a ladder that i climbed up and out of the tunnel, it happens to open up directly under the barbie isle at toysrus, dont worry the manager and i sealed it back shut!!

Kerry
10-04-2010, 11:05 AM
.. i was lucky i found a ladder that i climbed up and out of the tunnel, it happens to open up directly under the barbie isle at toysrus, dont worry the manager and i sealed it back shut!!

Those aren't Barbies. They are military units organized under the command of Major Chip Hazard of the Commando Elite

Jh6NXXlmm7k

Spartan
10-04-2010, 11:07 AM
Is it always Downtown this and Downtown that to you?! Downtown does not need everything! Crossroads was NOT a mistake. The management committed numerous mistakes. Whatever you like it or not, that megastructure will come alive. If that hurts you so badly, move to Tulsa or elsewhere.

Sure.

Btw, downtown doesn't have everything. Basically doesn't have anything in the way of housing or esp retail. What is "everything" that you think downtown is getting?

And can you explain why Crossroads was not a mistake? Can you explain why Crossroads is worth investing in for the next 100 years? Can you explain what makes it sustainable? Can you explain why it should be saved? Can you explain why you even like Crossroads? Can you explain why Crossroads shouldn't just be shuddered forever?

megax11
10-04-2010, 03:37 PM
Sure.

Btw, downtown doesn't have everything. Basically doesn't have anything in the way of housing or esp retail. What is "everything" that you think downtown is getting?

And can you explain why Crossroads was not a mistake? Can you explain why Crossroads is worth investing in for the next 100 years? Can you explain what makes it sustainable? Can you explain why it should be saved? Can you explain why you even like Crossroads? Can you explain why Crossroads shouldn't just be shuddered forever?

Maybe because, like what the northsiders, Moore dwellers, and Quail patrons think, life doesn't revolve around them and their area. Southsiders want a piece of the pie. Aparently the Chamber of Commerce also wants southside to be in the spotlight again.

Architect2010
10-04-2010, 03:47 PM
Maybe because, like what the northsiders, Moore dwellers, and Quail patrons think, life doesn't revolve around them and their area. Southsiders want a piece of the pie. Aparently the Chamber of Commerce also wants southside to be in the spotlight again.

I was unaware of these sections of 'dwellers' in OKC, and how they all think in a cohesive manner except the Southside 'dwellers'. I was also unaware that thousands of people all want some sort of mystical pie. ;P

kevinpate
10-04-2010, 04:43 PM
... I was also unaware that thousands of people all want some sort of mystical pie. ;P

You wouldn't think that if you ever heard Andie MacDowell sing the Pie Song (in the movie Michael). Tried to find it online, but no luck

BPD
10-04-2010, 04:44 PM
Sure.

It isn't that downtown is getting everything, it is that you evidently begrudge anything that goes elsewhere. And while Crossroads has outgrown its value, it most definitley was not a mistake at the time it was built.

jn1780
10-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Was Crossroads built before the trash dump or after? That was the mistake that severly limited the potential of Crossroads.

Maybe they can plant some trees on that trash hill?

Spartan
10-04-2010, 05:23 PM

I didn't say that the southside was a mistake. I said that Crossroads was a mistake. For the southside. I know that this is likely way above your level of comprehension, but there is no positive development concept that can come out of Crossroads. The site is inherently flawed. The southside can only produce so much retail demand and that retail demand is the only thing that can naturally spawn development projects with which we can redevelop the southside. We need to do it right, and not fall back on Crossroads. Let's move on from Crossroads is what I'm saying and trying and bring back the southside of the 1930s, back when it was a sustainable, urban, desirable, and attractive community. Crossroads is what led to the decline of the southside, that is a fact. Moving on and leaving it behind is a good opportunity to rebuild what once was.

And to the downtown-haters, I didn't say that retail demand had to go downtown. It could go anywhere in the southside. There is demand there for at least what was once in Crossroads.. why couldn't there be larger developments around 44th and Western? Some of you guys should check out the 44th Street Masterplan on the city's website. Absolutely none of it has come to fruition because all of the retail has gone along 240, which isn't nearly as bad as Crossroads because the connectivity is far improved, but it still doesn't go straight to the heart of these areas in need of some new activities.

Thunder
10-04-2010, 05:46 PM
And to the downtown-haters

You do realize how idiotic you sounded?

therondo
10-04-2010, 06:04 PM
No more idiotic than you sound in the majority of your posts on OKCTalk. Spartan most always makes good points based on facts, what do you base your points on Thunder, heresay?

hipsterdoofus
10-04-2010, 06:07 PM
most always makes good points
No more idiotic than you sound in the majority of your posts on OKCTalk. Spartan most always makes good points based on facts, what do you base your points on Thunder, heresay?

yeah I thought it was ironic that Thunder would say that..

megax11
10-04-2010, 06:56 PM
I was unaware of these sections of 'dwellers' in OKC, and how they all think in a cohesive manner except the Southside 'dwellers'. I was also unaware that thousands of people all want some sort of mystical pie. ;P

Well now you know.

Although they're zombie snacks in the underground tunnel of Crossroads Mall, where they join the security officers and speculating journalist that we throw down there. This is all on the low-low, however.

fokochang
10-04-2010, 07:11 PM
mod needs to lock this thread. it's pretty ridiculous and not relevant to actual okc metro issues.

therondo
10-04-2010, 07:24 PM
mod needs to lock this thread. it's pretty ridiculous and not relevant to actual okc metro issues.

Totally agree!!!!

Swake2
10-04-2010, 08:01 PM

This from the guy that took the Luke Skywalker incest joke seriously and thinks incest between siblings is just fine.

Thunder
10-04-2010, 08:01 PM

I disagree.

Spartan, everything you said is so wrong. Crossroads was not a mistake. It never was. The mall did fantastic. The mistake was the action of recent management, the economy, and stupid companies making outdoor "mall" which stupid people encourage them to grow even tho it is a waste of gas to go all over to those stores. Good things can come out of the place again and nothing you can say will stop it. I'll be looking forward to your statement attacking other malls in the state.

Jesseda
10-04-2010, 08:35 PM
ON A SERIOUS NOTE.. when i worked in crossraods back in 98-99 the owner of the shop i worked for closed along with many others in 2000 was due to a dramatic increase in rent, with nothing to show for it.. The mall promised a major remodel, all they did was add a elevator and some paint with minor touch ups. rent doubled in some cases and the mall kiosk rent almost tripled in one year!! rememberback in the late 90s when there where kiosk stores all parys of crossroads , sad huh, whoever owned the mall in the 99 00 area screwed up bad...

megax11
10-04-2010, 08:45 PM

Actually it is. The mall has been purchased according to three people.

The Chamber of Commerce have been working a deal with this mall for around 2 years now.

It is very relevant, bro... Others came here and put some bad comedy into it.

megax11
10-04-2010, 08:49 PM
ON A SERIOUS NOTE.. when i worked in crossraods back in 98-99 the owner of the shop i worked for closed along with many others in 2000 was due to a dramatic increase in rent, with nothing to show for it.. The mall promised a major remodel, all they did was add a elevator and some paint with minor touch ups. rent doubled in some cases and the mall kiosk rent almost tripled in one year!! rememberback in the late 90s when there where kiosk stores all parys of crossroads , sad huh, whoever owned the mall in the 99 00 area screwed up bad...

Exactly. Crossroads wasn't a mistake, like some people here think. The problem was greedy owners who wanted to hike up rent, while merchants wanted renovations, to bring the mall out of 1974. Remodeling a ceiling isn't hardly renovating when you got cracked, brown floors from the 70's populating the facility.

The only mistake in any of this, were the greedy owners.

Spartan
10-04-2010, 08:55 PM
I disagree.

stupid companies making outdoor "mall"

Go on.. how are they stupid?

On a side note somebody ought to run an IP check to see what the relation between megax and Thunder is, ie. being the same person.

therondo
10-04-2010, 10:28 PM
I disagree.

Spartan, everything you said is so wrong. Crossroads was not a mistake. It never was. The mall did fantastic. The mistake was the action of recent management, the economy, and stupid companies making outdoor "mall" which stupid people encourage them to grow even tho it is a waste of gas to go all over to those stores. Good things can come out of the place again and nothing you can say will stop it. I'll be looking forward to your statement attacking other malls in the state.
You know, it's comments like this that confirm my suspicions that ignorance is most definitely a disease for which there is no cure.

therondo
10-04-2010, 10:28 PM
Actually it is. The mall has been purchased according to three people.

The Chamber of Commerce have been working a deal with this mall for around 2 years now.

It is very relevant, bro... Others came here and put some bad comedy into it.

This is another one of those comments also.

Thunder
10-04-2010, 11:56 PM
On a side note somebody ought to run an IP check to see what the relation between megax and Thunder is, ie. being the same person.

LOL!!! Got you backed in a corner. :LolLolLol

Mega, more about the floors, how hard is it to replace them? Do they have to take them all out completely or overlay the new floors? If they had to take them out completely, that will be a pain to visitors and businesses. But if only to overlay new floors, then that should be quick and enhancing. No clue why management did not improve the floors and railings.

I think the roof is fine. Maybe some improvement, but we wouldn't want to completely take away the identity of the building it was born with.

Steve
10-05-2010, 08:49 AM
Exactly. Crossroads wasn't a mistake, like some people here think. The problem was greedy owners who wanted to hike up rent, while merchants wanted renovations, to bring the mall out of 1974. Remodeling a ceiling isn't hardly renovating when you got cracked, brown floors from the 70's populating the facility.

The only mistake in any of this, were the greedy owners.

WHAT IF JOURNALISM STANDARDS WERE TO ADAPT TO NEW MEDIA STANDARDS? IT MIGHT LOOK LIKE THIS ...

Crossroads Mall has a new owner and will be converted into a wholesale market center according to an unnamed eye doctor, his banker friend and some other guy, according to Megax11 who posts on local online forum www.okctalk.com.
The transaction has not gone through county deeds, as required, due to an effort by the Greater Oklahoma City Chamber to keep the deal secret, Megax said. He provided a link to a website for the marketplace as further proof the deal is done and big changes are ahead for the troubled mall ....

kevinpate
10-05-2010, 09:03 AM
WHAT IF JOURNALISM STANDARDS WERE TO ADAPT TO NEW MEDIA STANDARDS? IT MIGHT LOOK LIKE THIS ...

Crossroads Mall has a new owner and will be converted into a wholesale market center according to an unnamed eye doctor, his banker friend and some other guy, according to Megax11 who posts on local online forum www.okctalk.com.
The transaction has not gone through county deeds, as required, due to an effort by the Greater Oklahoma City Chamber to keep the deal secret, Megax said. He provided a link to a website for the marketplace as further proof the deal is done and big changes are ahead for the troubled mall ....

[big arse snicker]
But, but, but, You left out the part about the broker who said there had not been a sale. Egads dear sir, you failed to even give a passing nod to the alleged existence of a zombie filled tunnel and mystical disappearing signs. I tell ya, you print media types, nevah, evaqh printing the whole tale, only what ya wanna print.
[/big arse snicker]

Kerry
10-05-2010, 09:32 AM

Throw in a few “anonymous” and “high ranking white house officials” and you could work for the Washington Post or the New York Times.

okclee
10-05-2010, 10:08 AM
I have said it before, but this thread is highly entertaining. I usually get a good laugh each day reading the new posts found here.

Mods please sticky this thread. LOL!

metro
10-05-2010, 10:09 AM
Steve, you're really going to hate where media is going the next 3-5 years and beyond. Why not spend the frustration at adapting to something that is inevitable.

jn1780
10-05-2010, 10:45 AM
Steve, you're really going to hate where media is going the next 3-5 years and beyond. Why not spend the frustration at adapting to something that is inevitable.

It would not be that hard to fake an entire war using twitter or facebook. LOL

Jesseda
10-05-2010, 11:26 AM
I have already said the mystery okcmarket sign will not be back up anytime soon since i had to burn it while i was trapped in the tunnel with zombies and scary looking hot topic employees, it was the only way for me to escape, so needless to say the sign is no more, so there can really never be any proof taht it existed!!SORRY

Steve
10-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Metro. Noted.

megax11
10-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Go on.. how are they stupid?

http://knowyourmeme.com/i/000/061/954/original/Kobe-U-Mad.jpg?1280204582

I love it when people blindly attack posters on internet forums. They need to chill before they get ulcers, haha.

Run that IP check, hahaha.

megax11
10-05-2010, 04:39 PM
LOL!!! Got you backed in a corner. :LolLolLol

Mega, more about the floors, how hard is it to replace them? Do they have to take them all out completely or overlay the new floors? If they had to take them out completely, that will be a pain to visitors and businesses. But if only to overlay new floors, then that should be quick and enhancing. No clue why management did not improve the floors and railings.

I think the roof is fine. Maybe some improvement, but we wouldn't want to completely take away the identity of the building it was born with.

The floors were very fancy, if you're meaning from my dream.

However, seeing different floors could just mean they're going to redo the floors.

I could honestly see them stacking tiles on top of the current flooring, while maybe redoing the railing. Honestly that's all the mall needs. Well, maybe it could benefit from better lighting. Who knows. In my dream, I saw a section of the mall closed off to consumers while they renovated. I was peeking my head in from outside.

The exterior felt the same, yet somewhat different. I remember seeing an otherwise square mall, being rounded a bit, on the outside.

The dream just could have been telling me that the mall itself will be brought back from the ashes, and that it will look somewhat new.

megax11
10-05-2010, 04:43 PM

News is already ****** up. They only report what they want, to build hype or drama, without giving BOTH sides (look at that Mize character who only got one side of the story while calling the other side a girl's dream), just so they can hope to win an award someday. News is no fun when the entire truth is involved.

Like I said, man. 3-1... Usually when 3 totally unrelated people, who never have spoken to each other, say the same thing, surely something is happening. When people are on the same page, they usually end up right.

What you wrote was awesome though. It actually sounded like a real news article.

Steve
10-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Noted.