View Full Version : Sunny Side Up Omelettes

selk1
08-16-2010, 08:13 AM
Hey, what happened to Sunny Side Up? Are they closed? Seemed like business was good.

Jesseda
08-16-2010, 09:09 AM
as far as I know they closed, they havent reolcated..

MsDarkstar
08-16-2010, 11:59 AM
They are NOT closed permanently. I just called them, the woman said no no no, they were just closed for a vacation but they're back open now.

Jesseda
08-16-2010, 02:01 PM
thanks for letting u know

fvalente
09-03-2010, 11:35 AM
They close every year for 2-3 weeks while the owners go on vacation. LOVE that restaurant and eat there at least twice a week.

Thunder
09-03-2010, 02:21 PM
No need to close when owners go on a vacation.... What is their problem?! Lurking over the employees to make sure they cook the eggs right? Worried people might die from eating eggs not cooked enough?

Easy180
09-03-2010, 06:44 PM
If you have been there you can see their extended family might make up 2/3rds of the staff

kevinpate
09-03-2010, 08:42 PM
No need to close when owners go on a vacation.... What is their problem?! Lurking over the employees to make sure they cook the eggs right? Worried people might die from eating eggs not cooked enough?

Thunder, for some it is not a problem, it is simply a preference of the owners. If it is closed, they do not have to give it any attention while they are away. If it is not closed, then they are likely never fully away.

There is an establishment in Norman that does this as well. Owners of the Greek House shut it down and go vacation at the end of each summer for a few weeks. It doesn't seem to hurt their business at all.

mikesimpsons82
09-04-2010, 07:47 AM
Thunder, for some it is not a problem, it is simply a preference of the owners. If it is closed, they do not have to give it any attention while they are away. If it is not closed, then they are likely never fully away.

There is an establishment in Norman that does this as well. Owners of the Greek House shut it down and go vacation at the end of each summer for a few weeks. It doesn't seem to hurt their business at all.

Big Ed's on 122nd and Penn in OKC does this too. It blows my mind when people think they actually have a right to an opinion about what owners should do with their businesses...