View Full Version : Love Songs

Patrick
03-02-2005, 04:09 PM
I'm planning a wedding right now, and I've had to listen to a lot of love songs lately. I'd be interested to hear what your favorite love songs are. List as many as you'd like!

Patrick
03-02-2005, 04:11 PM
Soem of my personal favorites are "I Do Cherish You", by Mark Wills, "Valentine" by Martina McBride, "You Raise Me Up" by Josh Gorban, and "I will be here" by Steven Curtis Chapman.

What are your favorites?

Keith
03-02-2005, 05:28 PM
I'm planning a wedding right now, and I've had to listen to a lot of love songs lately. I'd be interested to hear what your favorite love songs are. List as many as you'd like!

Unchained Melody...Righteous Brothers
Wind Beneath My Wings...Bette Midler
EverGreen.......Barbra Streisand

These are some of my favorite love songs.....or at least I consider them love songs.

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
03-03-2005, 12:15 AM
In A Little While ~ U2

Be My Yoko Ono ~ Barenaked Ladies

Accidenttaly In Love ~ Counting Crows

Yellow ~ Coldplay

Hold My Hand ~ Hootie And The Blowfish

just for starters...

mranderson
03-03-2005, 06:13 AM
"You are the Sunshine of my life."

"Hawaiian love song."

Just two of what are probably many.

Floating_adrift
03-03-2005, 10:08 AM
you guys are scaring me.

kellekokid
03-03-2005, 10:18 AM
The Prayer....... Josh Groban and Charlotte Church
When You Say You Love Me...... Josh Groban
You Raise Me Up........Josh Groban

On a Country slant...Toby Keith's "Me Too" (although an I love you.... every once in a while wouldn't hurt a guy to say) "Hold You Kiss you Love You" and his "You Leave Me Weak"

That's an extremely short list of mine and sometimes what is a love song to one person or a couple might not be to another couple....sometimes you just have a connection to great songs....which could be another interesting question of if you are part of a "couple" what is your "their playing our song" song? But I guess that should be a different thread since this is really love songs

Now if you want a nice relaxing romantac evening a great CD is Only You by Harry Connick Jr. The whole thing is great but I would advise not listening to it while at work or doing something you really need to do cause all you want to do is slow dance and umm snuggle :love_bed:

Midtowner
03-04-2005, 03:51 PM
Unchained Melody...Righteous Brothers
Wind Beneath My Wings...Bette Midler
EverGreen.......Barbra Streisand

These are some of my favorite love songs.....or at least I consider them love songs.

Keith, I nearly reported this post for indecency.

B*rbara Str*isand!?

Keith
03-04-2005, 06:32 PM
Keith, I nearly reported this post for indecency.

B*rbara Str*isand!?

Actually, that was the only song that she sung that I liked. Sorry about that.:tiphat:

Karried
03-04-2005, 09:53 PM
Hey! Wait a minute, Evergreen was the song in my wedding ( well it was 17 years ago) but come on,,, who wouldn't melt with lyrics like " Love, soft as an easy chair, love fresh as the morning air"?

Wow, it really does sound cheesy!

Now, I think I would go for Alan's country song "Remember When?"

Midtowner
03-04-2005, 09:57 PM
Hey! Wait a minute, Evergreen was the song in my wedding ( well it was 17 years ago) but come on,,, who wouldn't melt with lyrics like " Love, soft as an easy chair, love fresh as the morning air"?

Wow, it really does sound cheesy!

Now, I think I would go for Alan's country song "Remember When?"

17 years ago???? I was 8.

She was good on the Muppet Show, and that's it!!!

Patrick
03-04-2005, 11:21 PM
Keep the songs coming! This thread is actually helping me plan a wedding! lol! If you have more to add, list them here....long lists please! lol! :)

Midtowner
03-05-2005, 08:15 AM
Patrick, you should hire a string quartet. $400.

I've played in many of 'em.

Pieces usually requested:

1) Canon in D -- Pachelbel
2) Wagner Wedding March (Here comes 'da bride)
3) Midsummer Night's Dream Wedding March (for when the wedding party leaves)
4) Brahms 1st Symphony in C Major
5) Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring
6) Trumpet Tune -- Clarke

Get a quartet.. much classier than recorded music.

Keith
03-05-2005, 10:21 AM

Or, you could get the same string quartet on CD for $20.00

Midtowner
03-05-2005, 04:06 PM
Or, you could get the same string quartet on CD for $20.00

Can't beat live music.

Also, you can't beat the fact that musicians can actually respond to what's going on around them and make the music fit. A CD cannot. Also, nearly every time I've seen recorded music used, there's always been a problem with the equipment, timing, or something to that effect. Those are problems you don't have if you get experienced musicians.

floater
03-07-2005, 11:20 PM
You can't go wrong with Lionel Richie:
Truly
Hello
Three Times a Lady
Still

or with Toni Braxton:
Un-Break My Heart
Breathe Again
Just Another Love Song

My fave:
Elvis Costello's She (greatest hits album, also Notting Hill soundtrack)

Other faves:
I Love You Just the Way You Are - Billy Joel
Everything I Do - Bryan Adams
Let's Stay Together - Al Green
At this Moment - Billy Vera and the Beaters

Patrick
03-08-2005, 01:13 AM

Yeah, those are the typical traditional wedding songs. We actually hired a concert pianist, a music professor at OBU! He can really play, and his voice is superb. We're keeping it traditional, so we're using most of the songs you listed! Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring for seating of parents, Canon in D for Processional, Wagner's Bridal Chorus (Wedding March) for bride's processional, oh...and you forgot the Recessional Wedding March by Mendelssohn!

We're looking more for reception music...love songs, like you'd here on Delilah or something. The suggestinos here have actually been helpful. So keep them coming! lol!

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
03-08-2005, 01:27 AM
Barry White....anything....

Midtowner
03-08-2005, 10:30 AM
Yeah, those are the typical traditional wedding songs. We actually hired a concert pianist, a music professor at OBU! He can really play, and his voice is superb. We're keeping it traditional, so we're using most of the songs you listed! Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring for seating of parents, Canon in D for Processional, Wagner's Bridal Chorus (Wedding March) for bride's processional, oh...and you forgot the Recessional Wedding March by Mendelssohn!

We're looking more for reception music...love songs, like you'd here on Delilah or something. The suggestinos here have actually been helpful. So keep them coming! lol!

Quartets can do receptions too!

Just about ANY Mozart quartet piece is perfect for background noise.

Now, if you're wanting something with a beat you can dance to (and I'm not talking about a gigue, a bourée or a gavotte), I couldn't help ya :D