View Full Version : New Krispy Kreme!!

molarman
06-21-2010, 11:32 PM
Anybody notice the new signage on the old Quizno's location on 24th Ave NW??? They put up new Krispy Kreme Donut signage last week! Seems like a very small location for a KK, so maybe it will just be a location for sales, with donuts shipped in from OKC. Looks too small for a full onsite bakery. Also, there is very little parking.

Also, let's not go into a rage about how good or horrible/unhealthy the donuts are. Just posting this thread to update on what will go in after the Quizno's closed.

jn1780
06-22-2010, 12:52 AM
Brings back memories of the Krispy Kreme cream craze.

oneforone
06-22-2010, 04:52 AM
I admit I was one of the fools who waited in line for hours just for donuts. I waited six hours in the drive thru line the first day the 240 store was open.

I left work for the day at 4:30 and passed by there just thought "Why not" I had been craving them since I left Gulf Coast in 2000.

I pulled in at 4:45 and finally got the donuts at about 10:20. They closed the inside line just I was pulling in to the parking lot at 9:30. The wait paid off for me I ended up making about $100 bucks for picking up donuts for several of my friends and family.

I remember these law students (so they claimed) begged me to let them add to my order. They were almost to the door when the police shut down the inside line. One of the cops had told them to see if they can sweet talk one of the customers in the drive thru line into placing an order for them.

I never laughed so hard in my life. I never in my life thought I would see preppy kids begging for donuts. I let them tag a long and I placed the order for them. I ended up ordering about 8 boxes of donuts and two for the law students. They were nice kids and very entertaining to say the least.

kevinpate
06-22-2010, 07:42 AM
Although I truly prefer the offerings of the little shop/art studio at Flood/Highland Parkway, it's nice to know something will be taking over the old Q spot.

Bunty
06-23-2010, 11:22 AM
I admit I was one of the fools who waited in line for hours just for donuts. I waited six hours in the drive thru line the first day the 240 store was open.

I left work for the day at 4:30 and passed by there just thought "Why not" I had been craving them since I left Gulf Coast in 2000.

I pulled in at 4:45 and finally got the donuts at about 10:20. They closed the inside line just I was pulling in to the parking lot at 9:30. The wait paid off for me I ended up making about $100 bucks for picking up donuts for several of my friends and family.

I remember these law students (so they claimed) begged me to let them add to my order. They were almost to the door when the police shut down the inside line. One of the cops had told them to see if they can sweet talk one of the customers in the drive thru line into placing an order for them.

I never laughed so hard in my life. I never in my life thought I would see preppy kids begging for donuts. I let them tag a long and I placed the order for them. I ended up ordering about 8 boxes of donuts and two for the law students. They were nice kids and very entertaining to say the least.It's scary to think how mega big and fat I would be, if I I loved doughnuts that bad.

kevinpate
06-23-2010, 12:14 PM
It's scary to think how mega big and fat I would be, if I I loved doughnuts that bad.

You'd likely resemble some of us who have our pasta addictions
:LolLolLol

Bunty
06-23-2010, 10:45 PM
No, not quite; I work out 6 days a week, alternating between cadio and lifting, in a successful effort to remain under 200 lbs. And haven't bought a box of Krispy Kremes in a long time and only been in Mazzio's once this month.