View Full Version : New restaurant coming to Walker Ave downtown?

metro
05-24-2010, 08:20 AM
I heard a fairly reputable rumor that Jonathan Stranger was opening a new restaurant near NW 6th and Walker. Obviously it couldn't be at 6th, because there is no where for it, but I believe either 8th street or 5th street would be a possibility. Has anyone else heard anything? Definitely would love to see even more restaurant options along Walker Ave.

CCOKC
05-24-2010, 09:58 PM
Metro, I don't know who Jonathan Stranger is. (I don't think) Would I know any of his other projects?

metro
05-25-2010, 07:47 AM
He was partner in Table One with Ryan Parrot (also chef of Iguana Grill). I can't remember where Jonathan used to cook at/cooks at. Definitely don't judge these guys talent solely by their restaurants. There talent is several notches above.

CCOKC
05-26-2010, 04:27 PM
Was he also at Trattoria before Iguana? If so I know who he is.

JMStranger
05-27-2010, 12:53 PM
The restaurant Ludivine will be at 7th and Hudson and is set to open later this summer/early fall. Correct that I opened Table 1 with Chef Ryan Parrot, but I never worked at Trattoria. If you have any other questions please feel welcome to ask away.

lasomeday
05-27-2010, 02:48 PM
Sounds great! What will be the cuisine?

metro
05-27-2010, 03:27 PM
The restaurant Ludivine will be at 7th and Hudson and is set to open later this summer/early fall. Correct that I opened Table 1 with Chef Ryan Parrot, but I never worked at Trattoria. If you have any other questions please feel welcome to ask away.

Great, thanks for posting. Can you please elaborate a little more on the restaurant? Will it be by Cadence Yoga, will it be facing Hudson or NW 7th? Concept? etc would be helpful and appreciated. I just live down the street and am within walking distance. Where else did you work besides Table 1 with Parrot?

betts
05-27-2010, 03:45 PM
Ah, things are just getting better and better in downtown and Midtown. Thanks for posting. I'll look forward to trying it out.

JMStranger
05-30-2010, 10:48 PM
Cuisine: The menu will be changing about every week as pretty much all of our products come from local ranchers, farmers, gardeners, etc. Henceforth seasonal. Very refined at points, playful, modern, and new for OKC. Next to Cadence, yes, we actually surround them on both sides. In the past I worked with Jean Georges and his group for 4 years, France, Germany, Mediterranean and the Pacific Northwest. The rest you will just have to wait for.

pickles
06-08-2010, 09:28 AM
Looking forward to this.

metro
06-08-2010, 09:41 AM
Yeah, like I mentioned last year or so, but I can envision NW 7th on the west side of downtown becoming like NE 9th has become on the east side of downtown.

capaireokar
06-23-2010, 08:41 AM
JMStranger will you be needing a new kitchen hood for your restaurant?
Have your GC give us a buzz if interested. We have offices in Broken Arrow and OKC.

Sales Office Selector (http://x2c.eu/15)